PDA

View Full Version : My Success so far

mrsschopen
March 30th, 2005, 01:58 PM
Hi, I am Carolyne and I have been a part of this forum for about 2 months. I made a decision at the first of the year like many people do but mine was not a New Years Resolution. Mine was a "I need to feel alive again" resolution. I have been married to a navy man for 7 years and I was in pretty good shape when we met. Since then I had let the travel and absences along with the stresses of married life get to me and gained quite a bit of weight. My health started to fade and I felt at 43 like I was just waiting around for the inevitable. I had to do something! I decided to go back to my firm workouts and also purchased the TLP's from Tracie Long. I started using those on the 15th of January. Then I started looking around on the forums for support and found this site. I read about the new workouts that Anna produced and watched the clips. I was sold! I continued to workout with the firms and tlps' and now have the Fitprimes and the Kickbutts. I have been doing those for a week now and absolutely love them!
The nutritional side of it is important as well. I have been taking the approach of limiting my calories to between 1200 and 1700 a day. I stagger it because I believe that helps my body stay off guard about settling in to any one setpoint. I DO NOT deprive myself of anything! I eat in moderation and when I have reached my caloric cap for the day, depending on my activity level for that day, I stop. I have had only mild discomfort with getting hungry since I started. I also try very hard to make smart choices most of the time and have the treats in small amounts. I figure the last bite tastes the same as the first so I don't use the treats to fill me up.
My achievements so far have been to drop 17lbs and 18 inches since I started January 15th 2005. I keep a spreadsheet of my daily exercise and invested in a heart rate monitor from Polar. I love it. I am very proud of my success so far and am looking at this as a lifetime change. I am not looking toward a goal only to stop when I have reached it. What I am doing now, I can do for life. No more " Fad" anything for me. I just want sensible sound exercise and good food!

I will post pictures at some point but I do want to wait for a little while longer. I need to get some taken of me as I progress and I need to learn how to post them.

I hope that my success so far will inspire others too.

AnnaVere
March 30th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Dear Carolyne:

Your story is the beginning of inspiration for so many others-- keep it coming!!

:)

mrsschopen
March 30th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Thank you Marian, I will :)

Redeye
March 30th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I'm sure you will reach your goals...I bet you surpass them! :D

Everything you are doing is foolproof. You are a winner, yes you are.

Thanks for sharing, Carolyne; I love your story!

Tarheels
March 30th, 2005, 03:50 PM
I'm fortunate enough to know Carolyne from my check-in. Her posts ooze with enthusiasm, and she continues to inspire me each time I read what she's written.

I'm very, very proud of you! :D

NeonJungle
March 30th, 2005, 05:44 PM
What Jenn said! Carloyne is such a positive inspiration. Thank you so much, Carolyne, for posting your success story! And many congrats on your fabulous results! :D

mrsschopen
March 31st, 2005, 12:08 AM
Another important factor that I forgot to mention is having a good support system. This forum is an awesome source for that support. I just read what some of you wonderful ladies have said in response to my story. I have to say that it is in part due to all of you who continually give me inspiration and encouragement as you have done here. I am grateful to all of you.

I want to extend a special thanks to Harper, Jenn and Redeye.
I am off to do Strong Bear now...:D

vanity68
March 31st, 2005, 05:38 AM
Congrats Carolyne and thanks for posting! Its such an inspiration to hear stories like yours! I know it keeps me motivated!

anetta
March 31st, 2005, 03:06 PM
Carolyne:
Congratulations on your success. Your story is a real inspiration. They should use you in the next infomercial:)
Keep up the good work (I agree that this forum has a great support system)

Anita

mrsschopen
March 31st, 2005, 03:25 PM
Thank you Anita. As it is I am doing infomercials for Anna just about everyday now. I am telling anyone who asks what I am doing and am loaning out the extra copies of the workouts that I bought before I got my order. I am so grateful to her for all that she has given of her talent throughout the years but these workouts are the bomb :D

nancy
April 2nd, 2005, 05:14 AM
Congratulations Carolyne! That's great! Sounds like you're really on the right track, and seeing tremendous results. Keep us posted on your progress. Can't wait to see you in the next infomercial!

mrsschopen
April 2nd, 2005, 06:11 AM
Thanks, Nancy! It's been a total of one week and one day since I started using the KickButts. That is the rotation I am on right now. I have lost 2.2 lbs! :D On top of that I am seeing the difference in the muscle tone of my legs and glutes already and I have noticable improvement in my chest strength from doing the varied styles of push ups. I am so happy to have these wonderful workouts at my disposal. If Anna and the gang were here right now, I would give them the biggest hug any of them have ever gotten :) I am one blessed and grateful lady.

jeanniem
April 3rd, 2005, 04:18 AM
Carolyne,
That is incredible! The military moves are hard on fitness and good eating for a lot of reasons! I wish you continued success!

getfit2
April 8th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Thanks for sharing!:) Your story is very inspirational.

pollytc
April 24th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Congratulations, Carolyn!! You are doing great....very inspirational for me, that's for sure! I can't wait til I can try these workouts.

Kim

Amber
April 25th, 2005, 05:10 PM
Carolyne, thanks for sharing your journey with us! Congratulations on the success so far! I bet you're going to reach your goals in no time! You are quite an inspiration.