PDA

View Full Version : WHFN Results!

cbminstr
April 14th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Many have posted workout results in several other places. Please share your results in this thread! Thanks! :)

Bifur Kate
April 14th, 2005, 10:44 AM
I love these workouts! My measurements have decreased and so has the number on the scale. (I love that my jeans fit better too.)

These workouts are inspiring me to eat cleaner.

TinaT.
April 15th, 2005, 06:51 AM
My success right now is measured in the lack of pain in my joints and the flexibility I'm re-gaining. I would do a workout and have to take two days to recover due to joint issues. Not so with these new 12 workouts. My flexibility and strength are starting to show in many ways and I know my clothes are fitting better. I've vowed not to weigh or measure myself for atleast 6 weeks, giving my body time to really work hard, so those results will have to come at a later time.

But for now, I'm pleased just knowing I can workout on a more consistant basis without compromising my joints.

stacy4ft9
April 15th, 2005, 07:20 AM
For those of you that are seeing results, I have a few questions. First, have you changed your eating habits, i.e. less calories? Also, what is your current fitness level?

I got my 12-pack the other day and did Metaboost yesterday. While I loved the workout, I didn't feel challenged, nor did I feel it the next day. I've read that some of you noticed the workouts to be harder the 2nd/3rd time that you've done it.

I'm just hoping that I'll see similar results as well. Thanks!

jeanie
April 15th, 2005, 07:29 AM
Stacy, I am seeing results but I've also been dieting for the last two months, so it's hard to say. I honestly credit these workouts for the new lift and tightness in my rear and quads. I've dieted plenty of times before and focused on more advanced Cathe strength and cardio workouts, and yet haven't seen results in these particular areas. I consider myself a high intermediate or low advanced.

I have to agree that although I loved my first time doing these workouts, I've felt they were more demanding the second time since I "heavied up" and put more motion into the cardio sections. In fact, I've gone very heavy with Metaboost, and feel it might be my favorite of the whole 12-pack.;)

TinaT.
April 15th, 2005, 09:07 AM
At one time I considered myself to be in the advanced catagory, but I've allowed myself to fall off the wagon for the past 6 months and now consider myself to be in the intermediate catagory. I made a decision that when these 12 workouts hit my door, I would not only workout regularly, but also go back to what I know works for my food intake.

I started this week as I was on vacation when they arrived, :rolleyes: so my results are not as far along as many others. But my point in posting was to let you know that even one week into it, and I already feel different. I don't want to eat bad, b/c I know I've worked out really hard this morning. It's a domino effect for me. Everything is falling back into place, like it once was.

healthybeauty
April 19th, 2005, 04:48 AM
Tina,

I'm with you on the joint thing...isn't it wonderful...how beautiful the FitPrimes are on your body. I was big into the FIRM, but they wrecked my joints...and I'm only 33 yrs old. And every time they wrecked my joints, I'd fall off the wagon for 2-3 weeks just to recover! Not good!

healthybeauty
April 19th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Stacy,

Yes about what others said about the workouts being hard. (and I had the same experience with FIRM videos): If you go heavier on weights, and use more range of motion in the cardio...MAN are you gonna sweat! And you will be SO surprised at how your heart rate goes way up! Also, what's better about FitPrime vs FIRM, is that it seems there are fewer reps on weight exercises...this is a benefit to me...because it means I can go heavier, and really concentrate on form..and I know that doing 12 reps with great form, real concentration, heavier weights, and 110% effort, is going to give me greater benefits than doing 24 reps, with lighter weights, and sloppy inconsistent/pooping out form because there are 2 many reps. Make sense?

Anyway, try going heavier, and using wider range on cardio..let me know if you see a difference. And the other bonus on FitPrime, is there is more motivation to REALLY work hard during the cardio/weight segments, becaue you know they are going to put in a couple minutes of pilates/yoga scattered thruout the workout...rather than saving it all for the end. So you know you will get a WONDERFUL break throughout the workout...this helps so much with the joint/ache problem..and it also gives light at the end of the tunnel to keep pushing through the tougher segments of the workout...and, the music is so beautiful and feminine..and even the instructors verbally remind us of the grace and beauty in the moves. And unlike the FIRM...they never tell us how hard any move is going to get, and thehy never come across with any sort of boot-camp commando, tough girl attitude. I LOVE FITPRIME! Yay. Thanks FitPrime!;)

donnadonna
April 19th, 2005, 07:06 AM
Hi, Stacy! Not to reiterate what everyone has already said, but I'd have to say that my first reaction to the new Fitprimes was the same as yours - good for a beginning exerciser, but not of much interest to me. However, on my second go-round, I am finding them enormously challenging. I'm using heavier weights than I did on the original Fitprimes, wrist weights throughout, ankle weights where appropriate and weights rather than the stick where I can. Adding some weight and impact to the cardio portions ups the challenge (and interest) factor for me enormously.

The most surprising thing to me is that I've been getting sore in my butt and hamstrings, places that haven't gotten sore in in ages, and I'm not sure why that should be but it's a good thing (isn't it?).

Anyway, girlfriend, remember that it's Anna Benson and that her workouts move in mysterious ways, always challenging one's definition of what an effective workout is. I remember being initially disappointed in the original Fitprimes because I didn't see how they could be as effective as the original Firms. Once I "got" them, however, I found them MUCH more effective and thought of them as the Firm all grown up. I'm thinking that I'm going to have the same feelings about these new workouts.

Can't even imagine where Anna will take us next!

Hope all is well, sweetie! Enjoy this awesome weather!

mrsschopen
April 19th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Hi everyone, in one week it will be one month of exercising exclusively with Fitpirme and Kickbutt workouts. I don't want to post too much now because I want to save it for when I have completed the month.

I do want to say I know that I am going to be pleased. I can see and feel some major differences in my strength and day to day performance in life. That is what functional fitness is all about. It's not about how big can my muscles get or how hard core can I be at working out. It is about living well and being connected with my body. That is happening and I have never been happier about a set of workouts in my life!

Stay tuned for the official results comin your way :D

affectionately

stacy4ft9
April 19th, 2005, 10:32 PM
Thanks for the feedback! Donna - I do beleive you that they will more challenging as I go through them a second time. I still need to get off my butt and get some wrist weights:p I hope you are doing well!!

jck115
April 20th, 2005, 10:39 AM
I did my measurements before I started using the FitPrimes. Fast forward 3 weeks... I've lost 5.4 inches overall and 2 lbs.

Ginger
April 20th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I did my measurements before I started using the FitPrimes. Fast forward 3 weeks... I've lost 5.4 inches overall and 2 lbs.

YAY for you!!!! :D

jck115
April 20th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Thank you!!

They aren't GREAT numbers, but they are enough to keep my butt moving.

Tarheels
April 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Over 5 inches is incredible! Congrats!

snora
April 20th, 2005, 01:11 PM
Are you kidding? Those are encouraging numbers! Did you also change your diet?

Lori
April 20th, 2005, 06:58 PM
right on! jck115!

that's great, thanks for sharing too. some more inspiration for me to get my butt at too.

you deserve a pat on the back.;)

jck115
April 21st, 2005, 11:52 AM
No diet changes, and my eating is HORRIBLE!! But I figure if I can get my butt out of bed every morning and exercise, thats good enough for now.

Judy

magnoliamt
April 21st, 2005, 12:02 PM
As many of you have said, I am noticing less stress on the joints--in fact, I am noticing more strength in my knees and lower back. I also am seeing improved posture, and I just feel great! I suffer from a rotator cuff injury, and am also noticing that my shoulder is a little more flexible and there is less pain now. I really love these workouts, they're the best! Thank you again, Ms. Benson.

Magnolia

Michelle S.
April 23rd, 2005, 03:45 PM
I've been doing the new workouts sporadically for the past 3 1/2 weeks. Just started a full blown FitPrime/Kickbutt rotation last week. So far, I've lost 8 pounds with minimal dieting. Unfortunately, I have a good deal more to lose.http://www.whfn.com/board/images/smilies/frown.gif
I took my measurements at the beginning of the rotation I'm doing, and will check results in three more weeks. I wish I had thought to take them when I first got the workouts. Anyway....
I consider myself a nearly advanced exerciser, barring high impact or very complicated choreography. I'm encouraged, and excited to see what kind of results I get by the end of this rotation.
I'm loving these workouts!

41&fab
April 24th, 2005, 03:11 AM
I have only done these workouts now for about 2 weeks. I have a couple yet to do to be exact. I have all 12 and am rotating them all in my weekly routine. I do one weighted one on one day and then a more cardio one on the other. I too have lost 2 lbs already and feel fabulous. What is it with these workouts. I was doing Cathe w/o's for about a month previous to these. I think I will continue to shock my body by doing WHFN for about a month or two and then do cathe for a month and then back to these for 2 months. I prefer to do these for the longer time periods because they aren't so darn tough! They are fun workouts. Thanks again Anna and company!
I too consider myself an advanced excerciser. I use heavy weights with these workouts too.

kepi
April 24th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Here's a link to a thread that I started a couple of weeks ago:

http://whfn.com/board/showthread.php?t=757&highlight=impressions

I was thrilled with my results. :)

tinab
April 30th, 2005, 09:58 AM
I have been working out with Anna since 1988 and I just had to say...again, that she truly is a genius.

These are the best workouts on the market anywhere. I ordered the 12pack set and have cycled through all of them. I'm 45 years old and in better shape than most young people that I know because of Anna.
The new Kick Butts and Fit Primes have an old FIRM feel. I always feel like I'm working out with a bunch of people that I know and never feel like I need the health club experience.
Thank you Anna, and please keep the workouts coming!
Tina

hulabug1
May 5th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Hi !!

I have been firming for years and am interested in these new dvds.. What is the difference between the FitPrime and the Kickbutt ??
Thanks !!

tinab
May 5th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Fitprime moves slower, but more time is spent on weights. The Kickbutt dvd's contain more cardio and seem to be a little more strenuous. It is worth getting both sets even if you own the original Fitprimes.

hulabug1
May 6th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Thanks for your response- that helps a lot !! :)