PDA

View Full Version : April 2005 Results with WHFN

mrsschopen
May 6th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Hi Everyone,

I posted earlier this year with the thread called " My success so far " I wanted to wait until I had done a full month of the WHFN workouts before I posted any new results. Well, I completed a full month of these workouts and following the guidlines from my first post concerning my eating habits and I have to say that I am very pleased with the measuring tape, the scale and my new clothes! I lost 8 lbs and 10 inches from my body :D I alternated one week of Fitprime with one week of Kickbutt for the entire month of April. I took at least one day off and doubled up on workouts one or two days of that month. I did nothing else but the WHFN workouts because I wanted to know what results I would get from doing them alone. I lost 2 inches from my bust, 2 inches from my waist, 2 inches from my hips, 1/2 inch from each of my upper arms, 1/2 inch each from my thighs, 1 inch each from my calves, and 1/4 inch from my neck. I only measured major locations so I know that with the weight loss, I have lost more than 10 inches. I had to buy one size smaller clothing for work and jeans. My co-workers are really amazed at my on going transformation and my husband is very pleased to say the least. I am still a work in progress and have about 30 lbs. more to lose. I am confident that I will reach and maintain that goal with my new attitude and wonderful selection of workouts.
WHFN, YOU ROCK!!!!
Anna, if ever there were a chance to meet you I would be there in a New York second to thank you in person for the wonderful gift you and your team have given me.

God bless all of you,

AnnaVere
May 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Carolyne:

CONGRATULATIONS!! -- and thanks for such an inspirational post! (Based on your earlier post, we'd been anticipating your report.)

More later-- just wanted to say THANKS for the news-- and, again, CONGRATULATIONS!!! :)

P.S. Mr. 10 says he's thrilled, too!!:D

mrsschopen
May 6th, 2005, 02:23 PM
Marian, I was hoping Mr. 10 would be pleased :D

Seriously though, thank you.

LoriInND
May 6th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Carolyne,

Way to go! :D

pollytc
May 7th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Great job! Congratulations!!!! I will have to look for your other post, but can you tell me here what your diet was like?

Thanks,

Kim

mrsschopen
May 8th, 2005, 01:25 AM
Thank you Lori for the congrats!

Kim, Thank you too! I am pleased. As far as my other post and the subject of nutrition, I do take it one day at a time. I set a mini goal each day to eat as healthy as I can but not depriving myself of anything if I really want it. I use portion control. I look at the nutritional information on the foods I eat and I eat servings according to that information. I fluctuate between 1200 and 1700 calories per day and try to watch the types of fats that I eat. Saturated fats are kept at a minimum most of the time. I am not really on a diet. I have changed the way I eat so that I can maintain these habits for a lifetime. Once in awhile I will take a day and not be as mindful of what I am eating but I don't do that every week. I eat fruits, vegetables, fresh, canned or frozen, lean meats most of the time, I don't eat allot of starches. I do eat whole grains, and I eat nuts almost everyday. I do use portion control with them though. A 1/4 to a 1/3 of a cup a day. My favorite nuts are pistachios.

I am including my original post of my progress below for you:

"Hi, I am Carolyne and I have been a part of this forum for about 2 months. I made a decision at the first of the year like many people do but mine was not a New Years Resolution. Mine was a "I need to feel alive again" resolution. I have been married to a navy man for 7 years and I was in pretty good shape when we met. Since then I had let the travel and absences along with the stresses of married life get to me and gained quite a bit of weight. My health started to fade and I felt at 43 like I was just waiting around for the inevitable. I had to do something! I decided to go back to my firm workouts and also purchased the TLP's from Tracie Long. I started using those on the 15th of January. Then I started looking around on the forums for support and found this site. I read about the new workouts that Anna produced and watched the clips. I was sold! I continued to workout with the firms and tlps' and now have the Fitprimes and the Kickbutts. I have been doing those for a week now and absolutely love them!
The nutritional side of it is important as well. I have been taking the approach of limiting my calories to between 1200 and 1700 a day. I stagger it because I believe that helps my body stay off guard about settling in to any one setpoint. I DO NOT deprive myself of anything! I eat in moderation and when I have reached my caloric cap for the day, depending on my activity level for that day, I stop. I have had only mild discomfort with getting hungry since I started. I also try very hard to make smart choices most of the time and have the treats in small amounts. I figure the last bite tastes the same as the first so I don't use the treats to fill me up.
My achievements so far have been to drop 17lbs and 18 inches since I started January 15th 2005. I keep a spreadsheet of my daily exercise and invested in a heart rate monitor from Polar. I love it. I am very proud of my success so far and am looking at this as a lifetime change. I am not looking toward a goal only to stop when I have reached it. What I am doing now, I can do for life. No more " Fad" anything for me. I just want sensible sound exercise and good food!

I will post pictures at some point but I do want to wait for a little while longer. I need to get some taken of me as I progress and I need to learn how to post them.

I hope that my success so far will inspire others too."

Tarheels
May 8th, 2005, 04:33 AM
Carolyne, I'm so proud of you that I'm beaming! Way to go with the progress! Your nutritional goals sound great, too, and very feasible and healthy - both mentally and physically.

Keep up the fantastic work! :D

MelissaL
May 9th, 2005, 03:36 AM
Carolyne,

Thanks so much for sharing your progress with us. That's exactly what I need to hear. I am currently starting Week 2 of my KickButt rotation. My 6th (see it in 6 workouts) is today! I don't own a scale but I know that I have lost inches.

Will keep everone posted on my progress.

AnnaVere
May 9th, 2005, 07:25 AM
MelissaL:

Looking forward to hearing your results!:)

mrsschopen
May 9th, 2005, 01:09 PM
Way to go Melissa!:D keep at it. These workouts are complete and will produce results, garuanteed. I am living proof of that. Those inches that you think you have lost are real. With proper eating and consistent exercise, you just can't go wrong. I look forward to hearing more from you as you progress. Please post regularly and let us know.