Fitness Favorites Forums

Fitness Favorites Forums (http://forum.fitnessfavorites.com/index.php)
-   General Health (http://forum.fitnessfavorites.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Another benefit of eating healthfully (http://forum.fitnessfavorites.com/showthread.php?t=347)

AlmostPerfect March 2nd, 2005 05:57 AM

Another benefit of eating healthfully

I'm kicking sugar (again). I need variety and more choices in my diet so I'm not so tempted to eat sugar during stress. I've been discovering all sorts of fruits I never would have bought out of simple laziness or habit, like my new fave, satsumas! They are mandarin oranges. The peel comes off in practically one piece and they are delicious! I've been doing taste tests of the different varieties of apples (pink lady is my current fave). I've been going to high end groceries, health food stores, ethnic markets, and farmers markets, looking for anything unusual to try, an adventure in itself.

Ginger March 2nd, 2005 07:15 AM

Re: Another benefit of eating healthfully

I usually love to try new things also. It sounds like you are discovering a whole new food world. Enjoy the adventure. :)

Tarheels March 2nd, 2005 07:29 AM

Oh, satsumas! I've got to try these. The scent is amazing - I've smelled it duplicated in various scented lotions. :p

I agree with you. I had the best time two summers ago eating mainly a fruit and veggie diet with some lean protein. I shopped at one grocery store that was extremely nice and had a huge variety of fruits I'd never tried before. Pluots come to mind! :D I can't wait until our grocery stores have an even bigger variety of fruit in stock.

Liz K March 2nd, 2005 09:01 AM

I've never tried satsumas. I'll have to look for those. Sounds like something my kids would like.

Our farmers market opens in April and I'm so ready. It's right on the way home and I can drop in and grab some things quickly. I really miss cantalope and honeydews in the winter.

Trader Joe's just opened 2 stores here this past October and I've been shopping there quite a bit. They have quite a few things I've never tried before. Right now, I'm especially enjoying some of their organice raw nut and dried fruit mixes. Their prices are so economical too.
Liz

kkallus1 March 2nd, 2005 09:51 AM

I am enjoying more fruits now, too-trying to get rid of all the overly processed stuff. I agree that pink lady apples are delicious. There are also fresh berries at my local store and I am really enjoying them as well.

Tamela March 14th, 2005 12:23 PM

Good for you eating healthy! Inside and out!

I Love Trader Joes! ( went to them when in California) We have Earth Fare here and I would not shop anywhere else.

Tamela Hastie

NeonJungle March 14th, 2005 06:33 PM

Aw, man, Satsumas are great. We have a flea market in my area the first Saturday of each month except Jan-Feb, and the produce there is plentiful and inexpensive, and the Satsumas always go fast! Glad you like them, and what a great idea you have to replace refined sugar treats with fruit. :)

makingthebest08 August 2nd, 2010 07:24 PM

Well I really haven't heard of that but I will try to look for it.

Making The Best Result

peggylive August 3rd, 2010 10:25 AM

I just bought a canteloupe at our local farmer's market today. It was delicious as were the red raspberries I also bought.

neiladvani89 March 4th, 2013 04:28 PM

Thanks a lot for sharing nice information, i have read a lot from this and learned.

kids yoga toronto