Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread September 21st, 2008, 09:04 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Hello from a newbie

Hello! My name is Linda and though I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to the Firm...and I'm a revert to fitness.

I first started with the Firm about 8 years ago, just before going on internship, and have been doing the videos off and on ever since. About 7 months ago, after my yearly checkup, my doctor recommended that I substantially increase my exercise, so back out came all my beloved videos.

I love the Firm but wanted more, especially more of Tracie's excellent leadership, so I went digging and searching, and found this forum. I've already received and done Strong Bear and Weights First, am anxious to pre-order my Tortoise and Hare DVDs, and to order other videos from this site as my budget allows, .

I love Anna's choreography, fitness (and life) philosophy, and the production values of the videos, so I'm tickled to find this site and all of you.

I am a psychologist, I turned 46 in May, and I live in rural Missouri, so when I'm not exercising I'm usually in the woods hiking, camping, building trail, or just hanging out with my best friend.

I have some questions about Weights First, so I'll tool on over to that thread to ask those.

Talk to you again soon!

Linda
Unread September 21st, 2008, 12:39 PM
Workout Partner

Default Re: Hello from a newbie

Welcome Linda!

my name is Lori, I'm 46 also. from Vancouver, B.C. & you can come & join us for a daily chat on the Original Fitprime thread. you'll see it up on new posts daily.
jump right in on the last post. there's 3 other gals that we basically have been talking pretty much about Anna, her Firm's, Fitprime's, Kick****'s & a whole lot of other stuff.
feel free to jump in anytime. we'd love a new voice to the mix!
ask whatever you like.
Unread September 22nd, 2008, 12:43 AM
Administrator

Hi Linda and welcome. I am also a part of that thread, so yes come and join us.

I am 44, from Irmo (outside of Columbia), SC. To make a long fitness journey short, I finally became serious 4 years ago in December. Call it Mid-Life Crisis, Mean-o-pause or Horror mones, I am not really sure, but I have not looked back ever since. I have become not only a Firm Believer but a Collector as well.

We have already decided that Anna Benson should become a saint, we are petitioning the pope and bishop. Anna is timeless and classic too boot! Or should I say work out shoe(s).

Linda, one of my friends that I correspond via email lives in Missouri as well. She is a 54 year old grandmother that enabled me in so many ways. Pam is just one of the many women who inspire, enable and assisted me on my fitness journey. Believe it or not we met through eBay. Also another person on eBay that has inspired me is Becky as well as women on the Forums.

I am tempted to kidnap Lori, Diane and Saundra to come and met and workout some day in Columbia! In the meantime, we have each other on the Forums. So yes, welcome and please join us.

I am hoping my vcr is working because I pulled out Weights First as well to do this week!
Unread September 22nd, 2008, 12:52 AM
Workout Partner

Linda, if you have any, I mean ANY question about the Firm or any of Anna's stuff. Annette here is the official expert on them. she will help you, like you have no idea.
she knows everything! & she's not joking about a collection.
if she doesn't know the answer to your question, she'll get back to you. the girl is a wealth of information....actually on a whole lot of other things!
Annette, that was a wonderful idea! PLEASE, PLEASE DO kidnap me!
Unread September 22nd, 2008, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Lori, you are too kind. I don't know about being an expert though. You know it is one of those things, if I could turn back the hands of time and started my fitness journey and grew up with The Firm, I would.

Linda, these women on the site are pretty awesome. I think you will enjoy us. And I think that you will enjoy both the new and old Fitprimes as well. Saundra got us started and thinking about the older ones, which inspired me as well. Now that my vcr is working again, I can get back into that rotation.

Please join our group!
Unread September 23rd, 2008, 01:20 AM
Workout Partner

Linda Welcome to Fitness Favorites, Lori and Annette are great resources for the Original Fitprime workouts as well as many other workouts and they are great motivators.

We have a thread called original fitprimes if you want to come hang out with us.

Saundra
Unread September 23rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Saundra, thanks for the compliment. Linda, they motivate me as well. Then again, from time to time, I have to beat them with my sculpting stick But I'll give you a grace period of 30 days. LOL Just kiddin' of course.
Unread September 24th, 2008, 12:44 AM
Workout Partner

did we scare off Linda?
Unread September 24th, 2008, 08:33 AM
Administrator

I hope not, she hasn't seen me in person, yet!
Unread September 24th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Just Signed Up

Scare me off??? Heck no, I feel warmly welcomed! However, my BF is in town on Mondays and Tuesdays and I go to his place right after work on those days.

Thank you very much for all the welcomes, I appreciate it! Think I'll mosey on over to the other thread to ask my FitPrime questions...

Thanks again!

Linda