Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > General Health

Unread November 3rd, 2007, 03:54 AM
Getting Started

Default Menopause

Anybody here going through menopause or are post menopausal? I'm having a difficult time with it. My physical symptoms are quite mild, but I am very depressed about it. I am not on hormones, am exercising regularly and trying to eat healthier. How did you handle it?
Unread November 4th, 2007, 12:33 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive
Default Re: Menopause

I am 49 and going through Perimenopause. I have found that the mood swings are difficult to deal with. So far Ive had no physical symptoms other than my periods were coming closer together at first and now are getting farther apart . But I am so moody. i am taking care of both my 83 year old mom (cant drive very far but is otherwise healthy) and my 5 year old son
so I dont want to be a total witch around them!!
Unread November 6th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Administrator

Default Herbal Medicine and Spirit Healing the Wise Woman Way

[color=black]
Greetings!

A crone speaks her wisdom: see http://www.learningherbs.com/susun_weed_1.html
My menopause path is supported by these daily essentials:

1) As prescribed by a naturopathic MD: A topical bio-identical hormone cream of estrogens (3 types), progesterone and testosterone. It has taken about 2 years to get the correct levels.

2) Constantly evolving, a daily smoothie. The fruit base is 2 freshly juiced grapefruits, a large chunk of fresh pineapple, and a banana.
To that, I add freshly ground flaxseed, whey and egg protein powders, spirulina powder, liquid B complex and vitamin C powder.

For better absorption, I also pulverize with a mortar and pestle, tablets made by Standard Process Laboratory of trace minerals and glandular extracts for endocrine system support.
While in the blender I add ice, sugar and vanilla. I also slug cod liver oil when I have the cocktail. This keeps my blood sugar level for 4-6 hours.

3) The goal of a perfectly formed bowel movement every morning. Curved like the shape of the low colon, soft and east to pass.

4) Regular fusion workouts, weights in the gym and bike rides in the sunlight.

5) Time to contemplate 'greatness' through books, art or music.

6) Centering prayer (for me, yoga & church) for stress control, inner stillness; and cultivation of my faith.
[color=black][font=Tahoma]I have lots of energy, am highly productive, mentally clear, sexy and full of 'joie de vivre'.

No longer under the tyranny of 'estrogen dominance', being healthy in your 50
Unread November 7th, 2007, 09:28 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Herbal Medicine and Spirit Healing the Wise Woman Way

I am in the beginning stages of menopause. My symptoms are being sleepy and constantly tired. Also can't sleep at night. Every once in awhile I'll have a *** flash or two. Haven't have those in awhile. Knock on wood. But what is worse is having *** flash while exercising.

I have the moodiness, bloat and never ending periods that seem to come closer and closer. But I have gone to the doctor for a MEA procedure to eliminate periods and will do this at the end of the month. So we will see if this will also eliminate horrible cramps (but I don't have cramps, I have contractions as I told the doctor).

It is also a grief process in that we are no longer able to bear children on one hand but on the other hand have the freedom not to get pregant. While I wouldn't call it a Catch 22, it is process. I love to read and some of my favorite books are "The *** Flash Club." They are funny but at the same time informative about women going through the change.

Speaking of womens' health, please get ovaries checked. Part of my misery is my ovary, where they did find a cyst. I also had an ultrasound and pictures taken of my uterus as well as a blood test for cancer.
Unread November 7th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Herbal Medicine and Spirit Healing the Wise Woman Way

I am in the beginning stages of menopause. My symptoms are being sleepy and constantly tired. Also can't sleep at night. Every once in awhile I'll have a *** flash or two. Haven't have those in awhile. Knock on wood. But what is worse is having *** flash while exercising.

I have the moodiness, bloat and never ending periods that seem to come closer and closer. But I have gone to the doctor for a MEA procedure to eliminate periods and will do this at the end of the month. So we will see if this will also eliminate horrible cramps (but I don't have cramps, I have contractions as I told the doctor).

It is also a grief process in that we are no longer able to bear children on one hand but on the other hand have the freedom not to get pregant. While I wouldn't call it a Catch 22, it is process. I love to read and some of my favorite books are "The *** Flash Club." They are funny but at the same time informative about women going through the change.

Speaking of womens' health, please get ovaries checked. Part of my misery is my ovary, where they did find a cyst. I also had an ultrasound and pictures taken of my uterus as well as a blood test for cancer.
Unread February 7th, 2010, 04:44 AM
Just Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mec View Post
Anybody here going through menopause or are post menopausal? I'm having a difficult time with it. My physical symptoms are quite mild, but I am very depressed about it. I am not on hormones, am exercising regularly and trying to eat healthier. How did you handle it?
I'm also starting into menopause, and would love to know the answer to this question. I'm really fighting the weight gain battle. I'm hoping this doesn't sabotage my efforts getting back into The Firm.
Unread February 8th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Lynn, welcome to the Forum. I am also fighting weight gain BUT because we do workout and eat healthy, we will not gain as much. And if we gain it is usually muscle weight. I also have to switch up programs and get rest. I have been incorporating yoga/pilates workouts as well adding supplements. I find Vitamin C (one in the morning, one at night), Flaxseed (at night), 2 Vitamin Ds (at night helps alot). And don't forget Vitamins w/Iron. I am also believe in Spriluna. You can find it both in powder and pill form. Odwalla makes a green drink that Spriluna in it.

There is a thread started, "Anna's Bookshelf" of resources.
Unread February 8th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Just Signed Up

Thank you so much for this information, Annette. I'm sorry I bombarded the board with questions, right off. I'll let up, now. : )
Unread February 8th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Administrator & time optimist

Welcome and never be sorry for asking a question! Glad to have you here.
Unread February 9th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Administrator

No, please do ever think you have a stupid question! We all learn from each other! I am so glad you have found Forum. Hopefully we can add more info on various subjects in the future.