Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 18th, 2005, 06:22 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default FitPrime Lean Reviews

Please post your reviews of FitPrime Lean here.

Instructor:

Keli Roberts

Crosstrains with:

FitPrime Pump with Heidi Tanner

Breakdown/Chapter points:

~ Cardio - Warm-up Claps
~ Pilates - Table Donkey Kicks
~ Cardio - Skate
~ Cardio - Mambo Slide
~ Weights - Dip and Press
~ Cardio - Choo Choo
~ Weights - Push-ups
~ Cardio - Side Step and Press
~ Cardio - Grapevine
~ Weights - Step Up and Dip
~ Cardio - Plie' Pop
~ Weights - Row & Squat
~ Yoga - Ham & Back
~ Yoga - Balance Stretch

Time Breakdown:

Pilates: 5 minutes
Cardio: 21 minutes
Yoga: 6 minutes
Weights: 11 minutes

Total: 43 minutes

Equipment Needed:

~ 14 inch step
~ Heavy & light dumbbells (assorted sizes)
~ Yoga blocks (1 is used for abs, optional)
~ Towel (for stretching)
~ Balance Stick

Last edited by annavere; October 18th, 2005 at 05:54 AM.
Unread March 20th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Getting Started

Default Re: FitPrime Lean Reviews

I just finished doing LEAN, my second of the new set.

I ADORE THIS WORKOUT!

Unlike PUMP, which was very slow and deliberate moves, LEAN is fast with a true old-style FIRM aerobic weight training feel to it. The "cardio" comes from this AWT.....lots of fun but nonfancy footwork on the floor, tall box climbs and weights to get your heartrate up. The moves, though, are really unique in that they all incorporate a stretching element to them. You actually feel taller doing them! At one point Kelli talks about how a certain movement feels like ballet, and I think much of the workout has that same ballet-like and graceful feel to it. Everything sort of flows one thing into the next.

Like PUMP, it starts out with core/abdominal work. There is a lower body emphasis throughout again, but I actually think that some of the bicep and tricep work in LEAN is HARDER than in PUMP. You do these pushups with one hand on the tall step that are killer and then go into some tricep work that is really tough. I had to lower down to 3 pounds halfway through.

Unlike in some of the older Firms, the stretching is not shortchanged. There's a really nice standing and seated stretch at the end that completes the overall "Feeling Good" feeling of this workout.

As in PUMP, the production is gorgeous....bright, vivid colors and crisp images. The music is perfect and unique.

The only thing I didn't like: wish it was about 10-15 minutes longer. After 37 minutes, you go into the stretch/cooldown. I would have loved a bit more.

I would rank this as upper intermediate/lower advanced. It has the same fun factor (to me at least!) of Maximum Cardio Burn from the Firm's Body Sculpting System 2. The whole workout just flies by and you are having a great time, but sweating and working hard. You finish this workout feeling really energized, graceful, tall and lean.
Unread March 21st, 2005, 10:25 AM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

Everything the above reviewer said.

I did this one first, because I was most curious about the instructor. This one is a lot of fun, and I found myself smiling a lot. It also took me off guard because those leg presses were hard. The music and set are awesome. My monitor said my average HR was 118, with 27 zone minutes. I was sweating an awful lot by the end!!

Last edited by LoriInND; March 21st, 2005 at 10:39 AM. Reason: added my HR information
Unread March 21st, 2005, 02:57 PM
Simpler is better!

I only had time to view this one, but I'm thrilled with what I see. I think it will be a strong intermediate workout, which is what I was hoping for with the 6 Fitprimes. I just might spend all evening previewing and deciding which one to do tomorrow.
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 11:38 AM
Just Signed Up

I did Lean this morning and absolutely LOVED IT! I had so much fun that I was sad when it was over

I can't wait to do another one tomorrow
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 05:43 PM
WHFN Infomercial Star

Just finished this one and it's great! Can anyone tell me which Firm classic the tune is from when we're using the tallbox and v steps? I recognize it but can't place it.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 01:58 AM
Just Signed Up

Smile Re: FitPrime Lean Reviews

Love, love, love this workout! I felt so energized when I was finished. What a gorgeous set. The colors are perfect, the music is better than I anticipated and Kelly and crew do a fantastic job of making me want to jump right in and join them. I think the combo of strength training, cardio, pilates and yoga is genius. Thanks BBH you have DONE IT AGAIN! Hill
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 02:49 PM
Simpler is better!

I just finished Lean and really can't add much more than what everyone else has said. Though I will put a vote in for Kelli to lead more workouts for WHFN. She is a true asset and inspiration.
Unread March 24th, 2005, 04:06 AM
Just Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher100
Just finished this one and it's great! Can anyone tell me which Firm classic the tune is from when we're using the tallbox and v steps? I recognize it but can't place it.
Hi!

I think that tune is from Fat Blaster and Allie is leading at that point. It is also in another one, I think maybe Super Cardio.--the part with Dale maybe? I love that tune!

I LOVE LEAN!! I though it was great and skeptical old me believes this will be a favorite! This is the first I have done from the set, so expect me to have them all be my favorites before it is over. Anna, Mark and Cynthia, these are fantastic and well worth the wait! I know I will love each and every one!
Unread March 24th, 2005, 09:42 AM
My Booty is Hurtin!

I am planning on doing this one today after watching it last night. There were two things that struck me about it-the cardio really looks fun without being high impact. I was never a fan of the cardio in the first FP's or the Firms but I think the cardio in the new workouts will hold my attention. The second thing-Kelly''s upper body-WOW. She really looks awesome and is a great instructor.