Administrator & time optimist

Default IndePrime...

IndePrime: video preview link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ti7pryud0Ks

Equipment used
:
Body Wedge (Anna's is nicely covered.)
Step (12" -14")
Weights (select best fit for you.)
Medicine/Oof Ball (1 - 5 pounds is suggested.)
48" Rubber tipped dowel (I'd say this is optional)
Yoga Blocks (Optional, used for stretching if needed.)
Smart Balls (Optional. I don't have them, so I will not comment about these. However, the concept of their use seems to fit with tips a nurse shared in a lamaze class over 20 years ago.)

Menu
:
[size=3][color=#333333][font=&quot]Indeprime (Plays the entire program including intro etc.)
Yoga Core 12 Minutes

Last edited by Ginger; December 6th, 2007 at 01:43 PM. Reason: formatting
Unread December 6th, 2007, 03:45 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: IndePrime...

Additional Comments:

I have done the workout multiple times. The first time through I had to pause for the equipment changes. The second and on I had figured out how to best arrange everything to eliminate the need for much change in my work space.

Anna does the workout barefoot. While others may prefer shoes, I was excited to see another barefoot workout. The 2 yoga mats I use seem to provide enough cushioning for me.

As noted earlier, I believe the range of motion for core work on the wedge is expanded. I found this effective and felt the lower abs were worked more deeply than with other workouts.
It seems to me, that like other workouts Anna has designed, that details are important. As I pay attention to form and detail, I feel the difference later.

I believe this to be a fun workout and one I would willingly repeat.

Possible Modifications
:

I believe the dowel is useful, but optional. It may take a time or two to get used to the feel of the wedge under foot, but if desired, 2 weights could be used for dips and both arms for shoulder presses. As always, one may increase or decrease weight to vary intensity. Modification is always an option.

Last edited by Ginger; December 6th, 2007 at 03:56 AM. Reason: formatting
Unread December 8th, 2007, 01:39 AM
Getting Started

Ginger--thanks for your excellent breakdown of the workout.

I have done this workout twice and find it very effective for the lower abdome but I'm surprisingly sore in my entire core and even my biceps.

I just got my wedge and I'm really looking forward to doing the workout with it. It seems so comfortable, yet firm and it's very lightweight.

For those still thinking about whether this workout is for you--I notice that Ginger's chapter breakdowns from the videotrailer--show that the 10 min trailer has each segment of the entire workout represented so it gives an excellent picture of the complete workout.

I think that if you like what you see in the trailer, you'll like the workout.
Unread December 10th, 2007, 12:14 AM
Working Out

Thanks Ginger for the detailed description of IndePrime. I definitely want this workout and I would like to know when Root-Lock will be release so that I can order both.
Unread December 12th, 2007, 12:31 AM
Administrator

Default Workout Partners Unite!

[color=black][font=Tahoma][size=3]Greetings Workout Partners!

Here
Unread December 13th, 2007, 05:09 PM
Getting Started

Anna:

I ordered IndiePrime, the wedge and the smartballs, but I haven't done the workout cause its my Christmas gift from my family. I think its great that you are focusing on incontinence/pelvic floor issues. After 3 kids, I have mild uterine/bladder/rectal prolapse, and on the recommendation of my ob/gyn, I ordered vaginal weights which I use sporadically. I think IndiePrime and the smartballs will be very helpful to me.

You may have noticed when you posted the You Tube clips about IndiePrime and the benefits of pelvic floor training, there were a lot of childish snickers and nasty comments by the naysayers on several of the fitness websites about the workout. However, IndiePrime has received good reviews, and the nastiness seems to have stopped.

I look forward to many more workouts from you. They are the only ones I do regularly.

Merry Christmas.
Unread December 14th, 2007, 02:57 AM
Administrator

Default For my sanity, I don't read 'press'.

From time to time, I have a few 'helpers' who do 'research', and make suggestions on how to respond to the buzz.

Part of professional creativity is the ability to have 'vision'. Sometimes one has to protect the fragile part of human nature. If vulnerable to naysayers, adventurous projects would become impossible.

Thank you for positive affirmation. Indeed, it is fertilizer to the on-going process!

All best,

AnnaVere
Unread December 24th, 2007, 06:36 AM
WHFN Infomercial Star

Default Re: For my sanity, I don't read 'press'.

I think Anna is an absolute magician!!! This workout works me so completely. My legs seriously felt like jello when I was done, but while I was working it was justplain old enjoyable. After we were done I thought I should do some delt flys because I like nice delts...but later in the day my delts were feeling nicely worked, go figure.

I also like how the workout feels like it's just Anna explaining what I should be doing. I feel like she's right in the room with me helping me do what's needed for my body to work for me.

Thank you for another wonderful workout, Anna!
Unread December 31st, 2007, 12:09 AM
Getting Started

I need to chime in , yet again, to say how fantastic this workout is!!. Yesterday, was my 4th time using Indeprime and the 2nd time doing the workout with the wedge. I am, apparently, significantly taller than Anna so I have to adjust the wedge to fit me but the more I do Indeprime, the more I get the hang of it and the more I love the wedge.

So many moves on the wedge are more effective, "doable" and comfortable. I loved doing pushups on the wedge. The bow stretch, the plough, the abdominal exercises feel fantastic.

Anna--thanks again for another wonderful workout.

RuthNYC
Unread January 6th, 2008, 04:23 AM
Getting Started

This is an incredible workout! I love it & the wedge! One question: how can I prevent myself from sliding on the wedge when feet are up & head's toward floor? I love this, though! Thanks, Anna!
Judy