Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Success Stories!

Unread May 29th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Just Signed Up

Default My 4 Weeks on the Kick Butt Rotation

4 Weeks on the Kick Butt Rotation:
Dates: May 1, 2005 - May 28, 2005
Videos: Kick Butt Series plus 25 minutes of intense traditional cardio before or after each video.
Before: Tight size 16/ Stamina - none

Before I give you my results I'd like to tell you about my journey with the WHFN DVDs. I hadn't worked out in about 18 months due to boredom and not having control of my eating. I gained so much weight and sadly, gave up exercise. Then one Sunday (April 24th 2005 to be exact) I got an email from WHFN telling me abou these new videos. I was so excited b/c they looked like the old Firms which I love. So I ordered them that very day. The week I waited for them I did a light week of old Firms starting with Vol. 4, which gave me major DOMS the next day that I was crippled! The rest of the week I took it easy and did what I could. That gives you an idea of my fitness level at the time

Week 1:
After recieving my Kick Butts I started with Strong Bear and I knew that I was gonna like these videos. I was getting a good workout but wasn't killing myself How was this possible? It made we want more and more. I continued to do each video with my 25 min of traditional cardio before or after each video. No visible results after week 1.

Week 2:
I moved through week two a little bit stronger and looking forward to doing each new video. I am loving Kimberley, Heidi, Keli and Tamela. These videos are tough but girly (which I love ) The yoga is new to me and strange but I give it a shot. I have kept my eating very clean for the past few weeks, with a couple of cheat meals thrown in. End of Week 2 no visible results

Week 3:
Getting stronger and stronger. Loving these videos. After each video I ended up alternating stationary biking (which shaped my inner thighs like crazy) and Cathe's MIC (floor portion). At the end of Week 3 I see some significant visible results: tighter abs (esp. lower pooch), face and inner thighs.

Week 4:
The last week. Tried to make it count. My stamina was stronger than ever. I did Heidi's handstands (in Steamin Cardio) worthy of a gymnast! Toes pointed and everything. This was a success for me as I have tendonitis in my right foot (from my dancing days) and a bad left knee. I modified a lot in these workouts.

My diet was as clean as I tried to make it. I ate a lot of berries, egg whites, tons of broccoli (my fav vegetable), bran cereal, cottage cheese and some sugar free jello once in a while. Chicken, whole wheat bagels, lots of water. There about 2 days when I had a $*it load of ice cream but I bounced back quickly. Now for results.

I don't want to post a picture yet because I want it to be dramatic so hopefully by end of summer. I DO NOT own a scale & I did not measure myself. I did weigh myself before and after however. I hate getting hung up on numbers and I refuse to do it but I'll try to paint a picture:

Before: Tight size 16
After: Wearing my old size 16s I can stick my whole arm down the front of my pants

Weight before: not interesting in telling
After weighing myself at the doctors office this week: 7 pounds lost (in 4 weeks!)

Before: my size 14 J. Crew chinos went up to mid hip only
After: my size 14 J. Crew chinos now go on easily and go over my hips with no problems.

Like I said I still have a ways to go. Trying to go for size 10 or 8. My main goal however, is to lose the pooch. That is my only cosmetic goal.

For anyone doing this rotation don't get discouraged b/c the results kick in when you least expect it. They may not show up for 3 or 4 weeks. But rest assured you will not gain any weight back if you slide for one or two days. I learned that fitness is not about doing rotations or getting ready for a wedding. Its about doing this your whole entire life and taking it one day at a time. Hopefully I can continue with my goals for the summer.

For the next 2 weeks I am re-visiting the Slim Series and without a doubt will go back on a WHFN rotation whether it be Fitprime or Kick Butt.

To Anna, Cynthia, Mark, Heidi, Tamela, Keli and Kimberly: Thank you!! Thank you for making me love working out again.
Unread May 29th, 2005, 04:22 AM
Survivor Pool? Are you kidding? I'm IN!

Default Re: My 4 Weeks on the Kick Butt Rotation

Congratulations! Those are awesome results. You show the benefit of a positive "can-do" attitude.
Unread May 29th, 2005, 06:00 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaL
I learned that fitness is not about doing rotations or getting ready for a wedding. Its about doing this your whole entire life and taking it one day at a time. Hopefully I can continue with my goals for the summer.
Congratulations on your progress! ...and thank you for sharing.

I'm sure with the wonderful lesson you have learned, that you will continue to reach your goal. Please keep us posted.
Unread May 29th, 2005, 10:57 PM
I feel like Goldilocks talking...

Well done and I love your attitude! I have some WHFNs arriving soon. I can't wait to try them.

Colleen
Unread May 30th, 2005, 04:17 AM
...with proper eating and consistent exercise, you just can't go wrong.

Dear Melissa,I cannot tell you how proud I am of you! ((Hugs and High Fives inserted here))
You are a woman after my own heart.

You are absolutely right about taking it one day at a time and changing your attitude about weight, exercise and eating right for a lifetime. I too started out in a very tight 16. I was really an 18 but refused to buy the clothes. I have posted my results here for two months and am getting ready to do it again on the 12th of June. We are very similar in our goals. I, too average about 7 to 8 lbs loss each month and am so happy to have these workouts. They are a true blessing. I also have my little cheats. I believe in portion control. That has allowed me to have anything I want within reason. I do eat pretty healthy most of the time now.

Again, I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration to all and this story helps me to stay on track and love myself. I am looking forward to seeing your before and after pictures as well as sharing mine someday too. I too want to wait a little longer to show the dramatic results. I have lost 32 lbs now since January 15th of this year. I want to shed another 25 or 30 but will listen to my body. It may not need to lose that much more.

Have a wonderful weekend Melissa, I hope to hear from you soon.
Unread May 30th, 2005, 05:12 AM
Just Signed Up

Thanks so much everyone!

Carolyne, wow. You sound like you are going through a serious transformation. I will be looking to you for inspiration. Please keep us posted on your journey. Now I'm emotionally invested..LOL!
Unread June 15th, 2005, 01:43 AM
Just Signed Up

What are DOMS?
Unread June 15th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiterfamily
What are DOMS?
Hi there! Delayed Onset Muscle Soreness is what DOMS stands for.

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."