Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > General Fitness

Unread October 19th, 2008, 02:16 AM
Workout Partner

Default Fitness Favorite Partners Inspiring Each Other

Today is Sunday October 19 2008.

This is the start of a new thread that orginally got started in the Workout Reviews & Rotations forum under the "Original FitPrimes" thread. Please visit that thread to see how it all started.

Although we have moved locations, our intent has not change, which is to continue to inspire, motivate, and share knowledge with each other about fitness and life in general.

We are extremely fond of Anna Benson and thank her for providing us with a vehicle to do just that.

All are welcome. Please introduce yourself and let the posting begin.
Unread October 19th, 2008, 02:40 AM
Workout Partner

Default Re: Fitness Favorite Partners Inspiring Each Other

Hi All. Welcome to a new week and a new thread. I truly need to clean my house today. Not that it is messy but it is clutter. When I was home visiting my mom, I really notice how nice and decluttered each room look and I said I was going to try to do that myself.

Yesterday was a long drive back home. I got home around 3pm. I actually didn't do the Saturday FIRM events because I needed to be somewhere at 8pm and I didn't want to chance getting caught in traffic. I am always glad to come back home when I have been away. Today is suppose to be a rest day but I am going to try to get in two of the WAVE workouts.

Lori, you should not have to pay for your mat. My mat came in the box with the rest of the stuff.

Diane, I definately think the live workouts our more intense. I mean they are kicking our ****s.

For the next 5 titles, I am wishing for: Vol 5 - Abs, Hip, & Thigh Workouts, Better Body & Buns, Prime Power Fat Burning, Prime Power Lower Body Shaping, and I guess Cardio Step Mix. Although Cardio Step Mix, I really don't care about but definately want Vol 5 and Better Body.

Saundra
Unread October 19th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Workout Partner

FIRM Trip Pictures

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...t2008118-1.jpg Tina and Saundra

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...t2008031-1.jpg Allison, Saundra, Emily, Rebeka

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Oct2008128.jpg Emily House Group Picture

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...tesaundra2.jpg Saundra and Annette

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Oct2008110.jpg Annette, Libby, Teresa

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...Oct2008024.jpg Meet and Greet Day 1
Unread October 19th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Getting Started

Saundra, thanks for posting the lovely pictures. When did you visit the Firm? Is the Annette in your pictures Annette B who posts on this forum?
Unread October 19th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Working Out

Saundra:

Great pictures. I like your introduction to the new thread.
I like the Prime Powers too, I like the Fat burning better than the Lower Body.
Volume 5 was my introduction to the, I was doing Jane Fonda was a shock I received when I did my first Firm workout. Do you still use your VCR I am afriad mine will break one day and I won't be able to find one.
You can come clean my house next I am the queen of clutterness is that a word?
Saundra are you back to work Monday?

Lori, yes I stay up late sometimes of course I regret it the next morning, but hey at least I get to chat with you at that time.

Well no workout for me today, We were at the house today no electric yet, so it was just my normal walk back and forth to the bathroom. And I started clearing the front yard of rocks I was tired of tripping over them I know my hands are going to hurt tomarrow I should have worn gloves.

Diane
Unread October 19th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Workout Partner

Saundra, nice intro! well said. nice to have you back.

great pictures! I didn't realize how tiny Emily was?!

I like the picture of you & Annette. & the one of you & Tina too. you all are such pretty girls & look so fit! I'm so jealous! wish I was there too. bet Diane does too. looks like you all had a blast. lots of fun I bet.

goodness, don't you think Annette looks just like Thandie Newton!? where is Miss Annette?

Diane, you didn't need to work out today. moving your rocks, are as good as weight lifting. your hands are going to be sore tomorrow, probably your back & legs too.

I ordered the Kettlebell Goddess dvd , like Saundra's on an Amy kick, I'm on a kettlebell train, & I can't get off! I can't seem to get enough of those kettlebells?

I wouldn't mind the Prime Powers either. heck, I'll be happy with whatever they are. there isn't one that I didn't like or won't use. I didn't mind the 30 min Parts workouts, they were good back to back.

I finally figured out how to take off that comment under my name! "we don't have to be brilliant all the time lol". I have no clue how that got there? seriously? but, it bugged the heck out of me? I never put it there?
Unread October 20th, 2008, 12:18 AM
Workout Partner

Hi Ladies,

Mec, yes that is Annette B who post here on the boards.

Diane, I am not going back to work until Wednesday. Which will be here before I know it.

Lori, I say if you love Kettlebells then go for it.

I need to workout. I haven't exercise since Friday. I am having withdrawals.

I got my Wave deluxe kit in. It actually came while I was away but I just picked it up from the post office this morning.

Saundra
Unread October 20th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Workout Partner

Saundra, from the sounds of it, the b.u.t.t dvd from the deluxe kit is supposed to be killer.

LOL, you say go for it (more kbell dvds), my husband finds out the $ I'm spending again, he'll freak

wow, your holidays went by so fast?!

did you get any tidying up done?

how much cardio do each of you do per week? usually? & how much strength training?
Unread October 20th, 2008, 10:36 AM
Working Out

Lori and Saundra so would you recommend the wave or not? Annette I don't remember if you said you were getting it or not.

Lori I do about an hour and a 1/2 of just pure cardio, plus what ever walking I do then its adding another 1 hour and a half.
Then what ever cardio is in the firm type workouts that I do 2 more times a week.

Today my workout was Cardio Scult with Allie. I had a harder time with this workout than I usually do. I think those 2 weeks of doing just Pink Firms lower my stamina level. I know my bottom need use of the tall step.

Diane
Unread October 20th, 2008, 12:34 PM
Workout Partner

Diane, I wouldn't recommend the Wave. not so far. for sure not with just the basic kit. I sure hope the deluxe kit & the extra dvd coming out in Dec, will add some credence to what I've bought. so far this is not cutting it for me. disappointing. if you think the Pinks are lowering your stamina & strength level, the Wave is even easier in my opinion.

at the price listed, I think it's overpriced. unless you really, really have to have the entire Firm collection ( I wish I didn't have this compulsion all the time, seriously).

I never got my mat today either!

Cardio Sculpt is a good workout. simple & to the point.
I'm going to do Vol 2 tomorrow.

Diane, do you do 1 & 1/2 hour cardio everyday? or total for the week? besides your walking.