Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Success Stories!

Unread June 2nd, 2005, 03:14 AM
Makes me feel good to see this body do things my daughter can't. I couldn't have done it without my FitPrime/FIRM/WHFN workouts.

Default Functional Fitness

Since I've been helping to care for my new grand daughter I've come to realize what 'functional fitness' is...

-- Getting out of the recliner in one fluid motion, holding a sleeping baby without having to put the foot rest down...core & legs

-- Lifting her out of the deep part of a shopping cart, car seat and all, doing a biceps curl... biceps

-- Putting her/car seat into the base (which is in the middle of the back bench seat) while standing and leaning over from outside the car...core

Makes me feel good to see this 52 y.o. body do things my 19 y.o. daughter can't. I couldn't have done it without my FitPrime/FIRM/WHFN workouts
Unread June 2nd, 2005, 03:24 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: Functional Fitness

That's terrific! It makes you want to keep working out, huh?
Unread June 2nd, 2005, 03:49 AM
Rebounder Extraordinaire!

Isn't it great to be able to do things that people more than half our age can't do. I, too, have noticed things like this.

What a success you are, Willow! You are so committed to your fitness routine and family. You have so many things in your life to balance and you still are able to do it all!!!! You are an inspiration to us all. There are many people, including your fitness friends, who are so lucky to have you in their lives!
Unread June 2nd, 2005, 03:51 AM
The music is like ****ah.

Willow, your post is music to my ears.

I'll be 58 next month. I notice that I'm usually the only adult at the park that is swinging, climbing, sliding, and running around with their kid. Sometimes I'm doing all that HOLDING my 2 year old grandniece, Tori (she gets lazy, tee hee).

We all went to the beach last weekend and I was the only one who could sit down and jump up about a million times keeping up with Tori. Heck, I was having so much fun that I didn't even notice it. My sister (who's 13 years younger than me and Tori's grandmother) pointed it out.

Like you, Willow, I'm doing stuff the child's mother and grandmother can't do, and I owe it all to functional fitness.