Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Tips

Unread June 4th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Working Out

Default Modifications

I figured out a modification in Fast Cheetah, on the reverse lunges (where you dip your leg behind you and then jump up in the air from that lunge position:

Instead of jumping up plyometrically, I push up to a releve position, straightening my front leg - I do it fast, and with power, but my front foot doesn't leave the ground, I then fall back to the lunge position.

Anyone else have modification tips to share?

One other modification I've figured out is to use my medium step instead of the tall step when it is used mainly for aerobic purposes. My heartrate went too high with the tall step.
Unread June 5th, 2005, 03:11 AM
Getting Started

Default Re: Modifications

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Believer
I figured out a modification in Fast Cheetah, on the reverse lunges (where you dip your leg behind you and then jump up in the air from that lunge position:

Instead of jumping up plyometrically, I push up to a releve position, straightening my front leg - I do it fast, and with power, but my front foot doesn't leave the ground, I then fall back to the lunge position.

One other modification I've figured out is to use my medium step instead of the tall step when it is used mainly for aerobic purposes. My heartrate went too high with the tall step.
Yeah........I hear ya Girl! I'm 53 and the jumps are too much most of the time.I've also had a stress fracture in the past from the "early" aerobics and usually modify these type of moves.Also don't always do the "leapfrog" movements.My heartrate stays up as long as I keep moving very energetically.Also I don't do the lunges which are included in a lot of workouts but either use my high box or do dips.That's part of the fun and motivation! We can put in some of our OWN moves!!

Last edited by fredcate; June 5th, 2005 at 03:13 AM. Reason: wanted to change some wording
Unread July 4th, 2005, 06:35 AM
WHFN Infomercial Star

I use my BOSU, instead of my tall box when it's used for aerobic purposes. In fast cheetah I put my BOSU next to my tall box during the segment on hand stands and do the handstands on the tall box and then climb on the BOSU. I agree that the climbing on the tall box makes my heart rate go to high. That's part of the reason I prefer the leg press in the fitprime over the kickbutt workouts, because they go slower so I don't get so out of breath. (I'm 50).
Unread July 4th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Believer

I totally agree with your modification of using the shorter box for aerobics sections.I use an adjustable one and do this also.depends also on speed the movement requires,Or that way you can heavy up or lower the intensity if you so desire. These workouts continuallly make you want to be a better person in so many ways,These bring out the best in each person who experiences them!