Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Tips

Unread February 9th, 2005, 05:04 PM
Swamped in Louisiana

Default Re: Lunges

Thanks Tamela!! I'm planning on working in your cardio tape next week so I'll try this out when doing the lunges! I have to say that I love doing the curtsy lunges (something sick in my personality, obviously) but those bunny lunges had me confused.
Unread February 10th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Just Signed Up

Thumbs up Re: Lunges

Apryl,
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU! That was the "magic phrase" I needed to make my lunges work. I always felt a bit foolish that I couldn't do a lunge consistently well, the "Step...Sink" works!!! And it's so easy to remember (always a plus!)
Angela
Unread February 13th, 2005, 03:14 AM
Profiled in the last Firm Mini-Catalog :)

Hi Fatkat!
I'm glad to hear all are doing well! I feel like a long-lost aunt or something.... remembering I knew you before Addison was born... and she's such a great big sister now! {HUGS!}

Tamela...
I love this visual: "draw your naval in like a matress button" Great cue!
Unread February 14th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Swamped in Louisiana

Hey Apryl!! Its great to see people from the old list in different places. I got booted from Topica and was never able to resub. I lurk on a couple of other lists, though.

Addison is such a good big sister. I think that the new baby thinks that she is part mommy 'cause he is always grinning and doing his best to catch her attention when she is near. She truely loves him, too.

Thanks again on the advice on the lunges. I know this sounds strange, but I think that my problem is weak glute muscles on the right side and I'm trying to compensate by using my knee. I really have to focus to keep my form correct on that side. Strange because my right side has always been my strong side.
Unread February 16th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Profiled in the last Firm Mini-Catalog :)

Smile Re: Lunges

Hi Mommyo,
I'm glad I could help! Sometimes it's something so seemingly trivial that helps us "get" it.

Hi Fatkat!
I'm thrilled for you and the joys of your family. Kids are just the best blessing!

I hope you get the lunge-thang figured out so it works for you. It sounds like your body-awareness is good, so hopefully you'll continue to get stronger. I agree about the focus on form; it's key!
Take care!