Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > NEW WORKOUT QUESTIONS

Unread August 30th, 2008, 12:19 AM
Administrator

Talking LOL: You Tube, LaReine from V5 of The Firm

This is from Chelsa's Comedy Show....enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIPSe1XRgpU
Unread August 30th, 2008, 03:11 AM
Workout Partner

Default Re: LOL: You Tube, LaReine from V5 of The Firm

I'm glad you posted this here too, Annette.

so funny.
LaReine is so beautiful!
Unread August 31st, 2008, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Isn't that great! As I posted somewhere else, I was looking for info regarding whether or not Jayne or LaReine had written a book. It was LaReine, when I was reading her website, the YouTube clip was on it.

I didn't recongize her at first. LaReine is a beautiful woman. Of course Anna choose and still choses the most beautiful women for role models and to lead.
Unread September 1st, 2008, 01:09 AM
Workout Partner

I think it's cool how Anna's picks of instructors are all still very fit & have still choosen the same field.

Look at all of em': Tracie, Susan, Jennifer, Nancy, Stephanie, LaReine, Pam, Tamela, Heidi, Lisa, Sue Mi, Libby, Dale (who else did I forget)...gosh all of them. I think that's great.
kind of like a High School Reunion, but, they never got out of shape!

one last comment, Anna has awesome arms in Indeprime!!!! she looks great all over, but, I can't stopping 'loving' those arms of hers!
Unread September 1st, 2008, 02:51 AM
Administrator

I have thought about that often. How we have the Firm, Capital City Yoga, Amsa Yoga (Pam's studio), BodyFit and other instructors who teach at other facilities such as Linda Kay at Hampton Hills. I think how Anna as a root of a tree, with branches comin' out that are the instructors. This is important because other workouts do not have the same persona as Anna and the Firms and Fitprimes. And how timeless they are as well as the instructors.

I think it is because of Anna's teaching style, her grace and that she is a beautiful person both inside and out. And that relates to others who Anna has touched. Both in and outside of the world of fitness.

I would love to see a reunion Firm dvd, that would be awesome. Yep like a high school or college reunion.

Anna does look great in Indeprime. She can pump some serious iron for sure! I am think when I get that age, I want to look like Anna. Of course, Anna is one of those women that at each stage of her life, she looks better.

Even Nancy Tucker wrote on her website that she is 48. I can't believe Nancy is that old. I guess working out does reverse the aging process. Of course when my kids get out on their own, my aging process will reverse too :-).

I think last months Fitness or either Shape, had brief paragraph about the history of workout vids. The Firm was, and referred to Anna and Cynthia as "southern belles." I think of them of "southern weight/cardio belles!"
Unread September 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM
Workout Partner

Wow! well said, Annette!

I couldn't agree more! with everything you said.

I have to admit, that the instructors who have branched out, that I just think their videos miss or lack that "Firm" or Anna's touch.
maybe that southern-belle feel?
Anna puts out some kind of magic or something special alright on her videos.

wouldn't that be something! a reunion of sorts of all the old instructors on a new Anna production! imagine.
I remember 2 other names I forgot to mention. Janet Jones & of course Kelsie Daniels.

your lucky you live right in the thick of things! I'm envious.

Anna, is serious strong for sure. Even on Fitprime Just Right, she acts like "no worries" & has absolutely no sweat, while I'm struggling along with her.
she's an idol. my demi-god, make that demi-goddess.
Unread September 2nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
Administrator

I agree the GT Firm does lack that touch but I enjoy working out with them. But I still will grab the ABera Firms, first. I think it is the music and choregraphy. I was watchin' Tony Horton's commerical of 10 Minute trainer. And I all I could think was, I think that has been done before. It is called the Firm with compound exercises and cardio. I guess what is old is really new again. But Tony Horton is not The Firm or Anna by a loooong sculpting stick!

If I could turn back the hands of time, I would have loved to train as an instructor, if nothing else just for my education. I think that would be really neat. I did take a class with her at Fitprime. She is has a gentle push for you to do better. Because it is your (my) workout.

I still want to look as good as she does. You are right, she is my demi-goddess as well. I can see it now...St. Anna of workout videos!!! Maybe we should petition the Pope to make her a living saint now! She whipped my **** into shape. That is a miracle within itself. Even though I do have 10 more pounds to go.

I think also it is beyond phyiscal aspects of working out, it is also mental and spiritual as well. Often times I go back and re-read "Firm For Life." I even collect old Firm items. Gotta love it!

It would be nice if Anna would have a Fitprime Believer's Weekend! That would be awesome. So she could teach us about working out, nutrition, etc. I would give up a football weekend for that. Perhaps not the USC/Clemson game, but a game (then again the way Clemson looked on Saturday....)
Unread February 23rd, 2009, 10:32 PM
Just Signed Up

That was Hilarious!!!!
Unread February 24th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Administrator

I didn't realize it was LaReine...she looks great!