Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread November 9th, 2011, 06:49 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Need opinions on The FIRM BSS3 & BSS4

Hi everyone. I was thinking about purchasing The TransFIRMer along with the workouts that came with it in BSS4 and the workouts that originally came with The FIRM Box in BSS3. I am debating on whether to get these because I'm afraid they will be way to easy. So far my workout collection consist of mostly Benson/Henrikson era FIRMs and I don't want to get these if they will not be too much of a challenge. I'd like to hear from any high intermediate/advanced exercisers out there! Have any of you tried these? What do you think? Is it worth adding to my collection?
Unread November 19th, 2011, 08:08 AM
Swamped in Louisiana

Default Re: Need opinions on The FIRM BSS3 & BSS4

I can't speak on the later BSS workouts, but I was not happy with the BSS1 and 2 so I never went on to any of the post BBH firms. I'm not sure I'd say they were "easy." I think you can make them more difficult by adding challenging weights. I just didn't like the format or the music. Something about Anna's music in the workouts made it for me. Tracie Long is close and Amy Bento can pick some rockin' tunes, too. I think this is why I haven't gotten into Cathe - her music selection is horrible. Not sure if this helps or not.
Unread November 20th, 2011, 10:21 PM
Administrator

BSS1 and BSS2 have a special place, especially BSS1 since they were sort of a bridge between the Original Firms and new Firms. I do like them as add ons,since some of them are shorter. I enjoy the TF workouts as well.

If you want a longer bench, ie Cathe's...place FL next to TF...viola longer bench!
Unread January 9th, 2012, 04:57 AM
Just Signed Up

I still use a few of the BSS3 w/o's. I wish I could say I like BSS4, but I truly don't. Allie, who was a favorite of mine in BSS1,2 and 3, just doesn't connect with me in 4. BSS4 just didn't have the "flow" factor of the earlier systems - patterns, tempo, music, likability of instructor for me.

Tags
body sculpting system 3, body sculpting system 4, bss3, bss4, transfirmer