Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Success Stories!

Unread January 6th, 2013, 08:30 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: Join me...2013

I like freshly popped popcorn for salty crunchy.
Unread January 6th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Simpler is better!

Thanks Ginger. Today was a rest day. I usually don't workout on Sundays. So planning for tomorrow. Hope you ladies had a great weekend.
Unread January 7th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Simpler is better!

Today was Crunch Burn & Firm Pilates w/Ellen B. Plus.. an afternoon load of snow shoveling. I will probably do CS Back Pain Relief later this evening. Hope you both are having a great day.
Unread January 7th, 2013, 07:17 AM

I joined you in snow shoveling! Even as it is warming up some, it seems it is never ending. It is either fresh snow or wet, heavy ice and slush! I've been working on it every day since last Thursday or Friday. I'm seriously out of places to put it! (I'm beginning to think I'll have to throw it over the neighbor's fence. I'm sure they'd LOVE me for that! ...lol. ) I was able to successfully did out our little car today. It was buried for a time because I didn't have immediate need for it, and after that, it wouldn't start! Bummer. Hopefully, it'll be fixed on Friday.
Unread January 8th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Administrator

2 fer: Burr Leonard and P2's-Fat Burning yesterday.

Thinking about TA's Centric but instead of the 4 leg work on floor add FIRMs lower body segaments....I am thinking...just to mix it up some.
Unread February 3rd, 2013, 04:15 AM

I am very sorry my posts have been lacking!

As far as scheduled workouts go, I am focusing on abs to protect my back. This has been effective and helpful. I am not actually doing very well accomplishing my 4 hour goal. However, as far as physical activity and exercise goes in general, my new job is proving to be very good! I am lifting, squatting, bending and moving anywhere from 1-6 hours at a time for 4 days/week - usually. So, yes, I'd like to get more workouts done, but I am not unhappy with the amount of activity I am getting.

Things I have re-learned in January:

1. Drink lots of water. (I am so thirsty at work! I have been drinking 1-2 bottles of water per shift.) I have not totally eliminated soda. I do love Coke, but, I have cut down sooooooo much! I am happy about that. I do like carbonated or slightly fruity carbonated water or iced tea if I want caffeine. That helps with the Coke craving a lot!

2. Eat less = feel better and have more energy. A simple equations that works. I like it.

3. I feel better when I eat more protein and less simple sugars.

4. Packing a snack/lunch keeps me from wanting to binge later. Blood sugar levels do matter.