Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread October 22nd, 2014, 05:40 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Hello, everyone

Hi everybody, I'm the new kid on the block. Many thanks to Ginger for helping me when the registration page wouldn't work for me.

I bought the original VHS tapes "back in the day" and loved them. Later I bought some of the newer DVDs and never got the same results or the same inspiration, so I eventually dropped all of them into the donation bin at the public library. After letting myself get badly out of shape following a divorce and other life events, I'm trying to get back on the horse and decided the best way would be to return to the things that worked when I was at my best. I was so excited to find that the classics are available on DVD now, so I'm slowly rebuilding my collection and find that they're just as inspiring now. Yesterday I did my shiny new Volume 2 with Janet for the first time and today I can barely move, which is a good thing! I know some people (not me) sneer at the leotards and music, but the workouts totally hold up.

I'm excited about having like-minded people to talk with!

Cindy
Unread October 29th, 2014, 08:43 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: Hello, everyone

Hi Cindy,

First of all, many you're welcomes to you. :-)

Now, I can totally relate to your situation! You will come through this. You will become stronger and wiser. You will be able to reach out to someone at some point in the future and help them up when they are stuck in the dumps of despair. You are already on the right path, just by making the decision to take are of and love yourself. I am happy you are doing it.

If I am able to help you in any way, please say so.

Ginger

BTW, although there is pain, heartache, agony etc, I hope you will enjoy finding yourself again and perhaps reinventing a new you. Whatever you do, take deep breaths and enjoy the journey every day. There are people who love you. You can always stop by our forum for a smiley and a hug.
Unread November 3rd, 2014, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Default Re: Hello, everyone

ditto what Ginger wrote...I am too back to square one...working out.