Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > NEW WORKOUT QUESTIONS

Unread January 21st, 2006, 03:28 AM
Just Signed Up

Cool When do you start losing the weight?

Hi y'll...

I have the following concern..
I been doing exercise with both the Push Pull and some Firm videos for the past two weeks, however I haven't lost any weight . Has anyone had that problem? I've been eating very healthy, Fruits in the morning, salads and protein for lunch and dinner, even Fiber one cereal with soymilk some days and brown rice with veggie crumbs also...I also drink religiously a bottle of 64 oz of water w/ lemon and drink up to 3 cups of my 3G tea (ginger, ginseng and green tea).

Ever since I turn 30. I'm having the biggest trouble to lose the weight....

any suggestions?
Unread January 21st, 2006, 12:19 PM
Just Signed Up

Smile Re: When do you start losing the weight?

Remember that you will probably be gaining muscle while losing fat for a while. Since muscle weighs more than fat, you may not notice any change in your scale. Look at how your clothes fit and check yourself out in the mirror - that's where you will likely see your first results! Don't give up! It will work! Soon the numbers on the scale will begin to go down.

Good luck!
Unread January 21st, 2006, 01:15 PM
Whatever happens...happens. :)

Default Re: When do you start losing the weight?

Sometimes your body is not ready to give up those pounds. But then Kaboom! you lose a few pounds all at once. Each body is different and has a mind of it's own. So don't feel bad. You will lose fat and sizes eventually. Patience is the key I have discovered.
Unread January 22nd, 2006, 02:08 PM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

For me, it took portion control to finally lose weight. I thought I was eating healthy, but then the truth was revealed in my food journal! I am going to journal for the rest of my life. Maybe you could use something like www.sparkpeople.com to keep track of your portions/calories/nutrients for a while and see how that goes. Just another idea!
Unread January 22nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
Just Signed Up

I've been bad this weekend...but yeah portion control seems to be an issue with me.....everytime I eat I fall sleep!...and at nights... .I go crazy.. .thank you for the tip!
Unread February 4th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Patience? What is this patience that you speak of? LOL

I agree that sometimes the body holds on to weight and that journaling is wonderful, you may also have to fight a set point. Two weeks is not that long for the body to 'come alive' so to speak. I have a weight that my body just like to stay at, but, when I keep exercising and eating right my body will reshape internally before I see a change on the scale, then it seems like out of nowhere I start losing weight, and as long as I stay below that set-point I see lots of weight.

In other words , stick with it and don't worry too much about what your scale says. Once you hit 30 your body goes through a lot of changes so stay patient with yourself
Unread February 4th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Just Signed Up

I should had written an update...all of the sudden...FUACATA! I lost 5 lbs in one week, eversince I started doing the Sparkspeople diet and the combination of exercise it has done wonders. I'm keeping a journey, watch my portions and keeping with the exercise.

thank thank thank you!!
Unread September 27th, 2006, 02:13 AM
Just Signed Up

Congratulations, Raniya! What workouts have you been doing lately?
Unread April 29th, 2007, 09:41 AM
Just Signed Up

Cathe Friedrich in her forum said that it could take as much as 3 months for some people to start seeing results but when they start to come, the pounds should start coming off. I'm just like you, I work out and eat right and I get so frustrated when I'm not rewarded right away. Please don't quit. Even though you might not be losing much right now just think of all the good things you're doing for your body.
Unread May 3rd, 2007, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Y'all I have tried plenty of diets, but I have found that Fat Flush Plan by Ann Gittleman works. The first week I lost 5lbs. But, I have gained 2 back but lost 3lbs in body fat. I had to modify somewhat but still I have noticed defination. There is a cavaet here: you can't do extreme or intense workouts. Fitprimes/Kickbutts fit perfectly for me and this type of workout. Also supplements help: Omega's, Cinammon, B Complex etc. The clincher is the cranberry juice/water mixture. As well as fiber. Annette