Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > NEW WORKOUT QUESTIONS

Unread July 26th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Question for Anna-FIRM 90 Day Rotation

There has been some recent discussion on the Ya Ya board about the original FIRM 90 Day Rotation. We were wondering why there are often several days of strength training back to back - for example, hare/classic/tortoise/classic/hare
or strength/classic/strength/classic.

Could you explain the reasoning behind this or what the intention was, or has it gotten messed up over the years? I do not have a copy of the original and could only find a link to an updated version, which includes the newer "FIRM" workouts.

Thanks in advance,
Davida
Unread July 26th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: Question for Anna-FIRM 90 Day Rotation

Hi Davida! No, I'm not Anna, so I probably shouldn't jump in ... Sorry. Your question caught my eye, though, because I'm preparing to undertake the original 90 rotation again ... I haven't used it for years. I have the original Calendar. Maybe the following statement, found in the "Recommendations for The Firm 90 Day Rotation section, is key??? "Use light weights for each aerobic weight training/aerobic workout." The ***** rotation icons page lists the following videos in the section entitled Aerobic Weight Training:

All six Classics
Tortoise
Firm Strength
Better Body & Buns
Maximum Body Sculpting
Cardio Split 1
Firm Cardio
Hare
Unread July 26th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Just Signed Up

Thanks, Rgrmom. So I guess we're only supposed to use heavy weights on the pure strength training days, at least once the consecutive days start. Well, I guess that answers my question. That's cool you still have the original calendar. I will let the Ya Yas know what you said.
Unread July 27th, 2007, 08:54 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive

I've been wondering the same thing myself. I used to have the original calendar as well but am not sure where it is. Anna, I sure hope you see this and can help us with this. I'm almost finished with the Fit Prime rotation and want to start adding both Kick**** and original Firms to the mix but am not sure how to proceed. I just lost 10 lbs by doing FitPrimes and following a lower carb diet. I also take a Fit and Functional exercise class at my local YMCA which is very similar to the work presented in the more recent Susan Harris and Tracey Long DVD's.
What I've been doing on the non strength training days is to do a ***** such as "Firm Parts Light Aerobic Mix" using only 3-5lb dumbells. I actually have a very old 2.5 dumbell set which works beautifully for the 4 limb moves in videos such as the aforementioned one and "The Hare". Hope this helps.
Unread July 27th, 2007, 09:12 AM
Just Signed Up

Thanks. I know doing the workouts light can be fun because you don't have the agony of trying to reach failure with the weights.

What's with all the ***** ?
Unread July 28th, 2007, 07:10 AM
Patience? What is this patience that you speak of? LOL

Really, what is the deal with all the *******? Maybe it has to do with those idiot **** posts. Sheesh, I'd like to ring their collective necks.

Post that mess in places where they want to see it
Unread July 29th, 2007, 05:13 PM
Administrator & time optimist

Yes, the *s are due to spam censors. We are working on a better way to deal with this annoying problem. Please be patient.
Unread August 17th, 2007, 11:45 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive

I just found my old 90 Day Rotation calendar and it says to do light weights on the alternating days when doing a ***** where weights are called for.
For example, if you were doing 4 limb cardio, you'd only use enough weight to make the aerobic workout a bit more difficult not use so much as to go to total muscle failure.
Triceps and abs get worked almost daily since they flab up so easily.
Unread August 17th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Can't get to this right now. Will help with rotations after production of 'Pillow Pump'.

I think I have fixed the spammers (have you noticed?), and if a common word is not usuable because of little stars (*****), send me a private email.

All best wishes,

AnnaVere
Unread August 17th, 2007, 01:13 PM
Patience? What is this patience that you speak of? LOL

We have a name!!! Pillow Pump, hmm, what can that be about? Of course I want to know everything about it and especially when it will be available