Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread January 16th, 2008, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Default Re: IndePrime...

I also received in a trade, the yellow BodyWedge. It slipped as well. Next time I want to try it or least modify on the Transfirmer with BodyWedge. I can't afford the Wedge yet. Nonetheless, I got a killer workout!
Unread January 16th, 2008, 01:21 PM
In Training

I was thinking about ordering that yellow bodywedge from amazon. I glad I read here that it could slip. I will have to save up for the body wedge sold here. My birthday's in February maybe I get some birthday money

Anita
Unread January 17th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Administrator

I've been using the wedge in all my workouts since 2003.

The wedge is a wonderful addition to all programs. It can easily be included to improve all exercises. IndePrime will teach you how to use the wedge.

Most importantly, it increases the benefits while protecting your joints. You simply will not want to do dips, lunges, tall-step downs without it. It assists with full development of the core. For example, while supine you can 'push down' as you lift.

The workout includes many applications, too many to enumerate here. And the subtitles explain what I cannot speak.

I know it is pricey, but you will never want to lie down on the floor without it.

Anna
Unread March 7th, 2008, 11:45 PM
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaVere
I've been using the wedge in all my workouts since 2003.

The wedge is a wonderful addition to all programs. It can easily be included to improve all exercises. IndePrime will teach you how to use the wedge.

Most importantly, it increases the benefits while protecting your joints. You simply will not want to do dips, lunges, tall-step downs without it. It assists with full development of the core. For example, while supine you can 'push down' as you lift.

The workout includes many applications, too many to enumerate here. And the subtitles explain what I cannot speak.

I know it is pricey, but you will never want to lie down on the floor without it.

Anna
Anna knows what she's talking about. The Indeprime workout and the WEDGE are a fantastic combo.

No matter how often I workout and how many other workouts I do, every time I use the wedge with Indeprime I am always sore afterwards in spots that I never feel otherwise!!

Yesterday, I worked out to Indeprime. Today I feel a wonderful stretch and tightness (both sensations in the same location, lol) in my entire core, the spinal erectors, my shoulders, my abdomen, my thighs, my triceps, my biceps and my tush. In fact, pretty much my entire body.
Unread May 10th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Getting Started

I've been using the inflatable Body Wedge 21 for IndePrime, and there are problems with it, just as some of you have said. I really feel that I'm risking life and limb by stepping down onto it from the high box - if I'm not careful, I could easily go flying, since the inflatable version is not as stable as a foam wedge. And lying down with my head lower than my feet, on the short end of the wedge? Impossible!!! I'd wind up flipping over. So those, at least for now, I do flat on the floor.

I'm wondering about something, Anna. You used to have a link to the foam versino of the Body Wedge 21 on your website here; now, it's a link to a much-shorter (2 feet long instead of [I believe] close to 4 feet) version sold by Amazon. Why the change to a wedge so much shorter? Granted, that would fit so much better in my tiny NYC apartment, but are the benefits the same while working out?

Thanks so much,

Annie
Unread May 22nd, 2008, 05:18 AM
Administrator

It is shorter, and cheaper. The blue wedge has foam of equal density, which is important. You could make it longer with a pillow.

Body Wedge 21 can be ordered through Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/Body-Wedge-21-...1480695&sr=8-1

Hope this helps.

Anna
Unread May 23rd, 2008, 01:09 AM
Getting Started

Thanks for answering, Anna, but my question was actually "will I be able to get the same workout benefits using the shorter wedge?" I'd still like to know.
Thanks in advance,

Annie
Unread August 17th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Getting Started

For anyone else who was curious, I thought I'd all let you know that I recently ordered the shorter wedge that Anna suggested (see my earlier post in this thread). I've used it to workout a couple of times since then, and while I'm sure the larger commercial (non-inflatable) BodyWedge 21 allows for an even better workout, the smaller one is still wonderful. It doesn't weigh all that much, so I'm just a little careful with it as I get used to it. I added a pillow to make it longer, and that helped in some respects. The inflatable BodyWedge that I had was springing a leak, and while it supported me a little better only because it was longer, I couldn't lay down on it with my feet on the higher part to do the final sequence, because I really did start to flip over!

BTW, the shorter wedge can be put away much more easily in a small NYC apartment, and I also use it for "stomach" reading and as a "husband" while watching TV. It's great to have so many uses for it, besides as an exercise tool.

Again, thanks so much for your input, Anna! Anymore wedge workouts in the works?
Unread August 19th, 2008, 11:35 AM
Administrator

The pillow is a good idea. My workout space is small. One of these days, I hope I can have a dedicated workout space.....