Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > NEW WORKOUT QUESTIONS

Unread August 25th, 2008, 05:54 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive
Default Calling all rebounders?

I have and enjoy both of Anna's rebounder workouts. I have been using the same rebounder (an old Weslo) for over 20 years. However it does not fold and is a bit of a nuisance to store and take out of our closets, which are small.
If anyone out there has purchased any of the rebounders sold here, I'd love to know what you think of it? I have a problem with cellulite and I think the rebounder workouts are good for that problem. I did have an interesting experience with rebounding over the weekend. On Friday, my dh took a picture of me at a water park and my legs looked lumpy. He took another one of my exercising at home on Sunday and my legs looked better. Turns out I'd spent quite a bit of time that day in one of those "moon bounce" thingies during a birthday party I'd brought my ds to. I think there may indeed be something to rebounding being a "cellulite buster".
Unread August 27th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: Calling all rebounders?

I have the 1/4 fold ReboundAIR. I like it for its sturdiness. My mom has the standard ReboundAIR. What I like about hers is that the bounce is a little softer than mine. Quite some time ago, Tarheels told me that the bounce on the Standard and 1/2 fold units were the same. So if you want a softer bounce, I'd go with the 1/2 fold, but if you want a firmer feel, the 1/4 fold.
Unread August 28th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Workout Partner

I own the Urban Rebounder. it's fairly decent. no complaints.

I only have Anna's G-Force 1 & 2, so I only use my rebounder on these 2 dvd's.

it's fun to have the rebounding workout's in my rotation. something a little different.
Unread August 30th, 2008, 12:14 AM
Administrator

I would love to get a Reboudair or Urban. NordicTrack also makes them. I found 3 cheap ones: the boys found one in the woods. 2 and 3 were at garage sales. The first two are broken but the last one is in pretty decent shape. I like rebounding, it is good on the joints and great cardio.

When Anna had her Fitprime studio, I had an opportunity to not only to workout with Anna but rebound as well. I tell ya what, Anna has more energy than I could ever have! And her class was great. I fell in love with rebounding that day.

I do have both G-Forces! Great workouts!
Unread August 30th, 2008, 03:10 AM
Workout Partner

Annette, I had a cheap one (well actually 3) that I burned out fairly quickly from Wal-Mart.

they just don't last really long enough.
I was so surprised on the difference of bounce when I did get the Urban Rebounder. a super *** difference!
I'm sure the UR will last some time. the stitching & the overall everything else is so much better quality wise.
I love the G-Force's. they are completely different & I figured after the last cheap-o rebounder, I would try a little better investment.
I imagine the Reboundair is like the Mercedes of rebounders...
Unread August 31st, 2008, 07:21 AM
Administrator

I would love to find a used Rebounder, they are really great to bounce on. I need somethin' to burn this celluite! I sure as anything can't afford lipo right now, didn't win the lottery this week !
Unread February 26th, 2009, 06:57 AM
Just Signed Up

I have a half fold, but I keep mine up all the time and store in the closet of my exercise room. I am afraid of getting my fingers pinched, plus it 's time consuming, and I don't have a lot of time to spare opening and closing every time I want to work out. I noticed similar results with the cellulite. Before I started rebounding I had visible cellulite. I rebounded at least 3 times a week and within the second week I noticed a great improvement. My thighs were smoothing, more toned and trimmer looking. I've been trying to get back to doing it regularly but since I've started up again my lower back has been in excruciating pain. I held off a little and my back is better but not 100% I think I need to do a slight pelvic tuck and really squeeze my buns that may help, I don't recall the back pain previously when I rebounded a lot last summer.
Unread November 20th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Just Signed Up

Does Rebounding really help cellulite? If you think so, why, or what is the reasoning behind this? I have always heard pilates also helps because you are stretching the tissues. What about doing them together? hmmm....
Unread November 20th, 2009, 11:19 AM
Administrator

I don't see why not, you can do yoga and rebounding together.

I hurt my back as well. I have been doing Fitprimes/Kick****s. I did both Anna's and Tamala's Flexposture this week. My back does feel better not 100% though.
Unread April 30th, 2010, 03:49 AM
Just Signed Up

I bought the Quarter Fold ReboundAir when the G-Force DVd first came out. I had invested in several other mini tramps before this, but not one of them can compare to this one.
Folding it is not that difficult, but, using a few very large pillows under it is the main key. I makes it soooo much easier.