Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > General Fitness

Unread October 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Working Out

Default Re: Fitness Favorite Partners Inspiring Each Other

Lori:

No I don't do a hour and 1/2 of cardio a day, maybe I should.
but my total workout time is about 4 hours a week plus about 2 hours or so of walking.
I wonder why the Firm is making their workout dvd's easier and easier, maybe they are going for the beginner exerciser.
Isn't that funny I was going to do Vol. 2 today but I wanted some leg presses.
Maybe on Thursday I will do it.

Diane
Unread October 20th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Workout Partner

Okay. I did Speed Slimming Sculpt and Rock It Off and I didn't hate it. However, do I think it is worth the money it is priced at - NO!.

Speed Slimming Sculpt was at least 10 minute to short. I thought if it were slightly longer, it would be a perfect compliment to Total Body Toner which is 40 minutes. I did not think that Allie needed to include any ab work in the video because at least a 3rd of the system (Express Abs and Rock Solid Abs) are dedicated to core/abs work. Allie also included what I believe to be the overused side lunge in the workouts. The workout didn't seem to have enough - whatever enough is.

I liked Rock It Off better than Speed Slimming Sculpt but this could be because Allison taught this in the WAVE class I took in Columbia. My WAVE did not move as much as it did when I was in Columibia, Although I still feel like I need much work in smoothing out the rocking part. I was glad to see that Allison left out the side lunge move that seems to be appearing in all the FIRM workouts.

I did Rock It Off immediately aftr Speed Slimming Sculpt and I believe I got a decent workout combining the two but my workout was about 10 minutes to long. It was a good thing I was off today.

I thought the music quality, selection and overall sound was much better than the last group of FIRM workouts I just purchase.

So the question you asked Diane, is would I recommend you purchase it. I would probably say no but I say that not regretting that I bought it. I am lukewarm about. Some parts were really fun. Some parts I could do without. If the workouts were longer I would probalby lean toward recommending it but I, like Lori, think the system is overpriced.

Saundra
Unread October 20th, 2008, 01:32 PM
Working Out

Saundra:

Did you like your Wave class at the Firm weekend better? Was it longer than the dvd's?
Diane
Unread October 20th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Workout Partner

I'm with Saundra. lukewarm is an excellent choice of words. it's just so-so.
I wish the workouts were longer. even though I too did the 2 main workouts back to back, it just didn't feel like I got a 'real' workout.
it seems like they rushed to get this package out. like they wanted it in the market before Christmas. I'm sure they'll make a ton of money from it.
Saundra, I did not like the ab work of Allie's dvd. so uncomfortable. & I didn't have room or time to move that Wave to do that side lying ab work.
I thought the filming looked like that dream sequence look how Firm BSS3 did? sort of gauzy looking.
honestly Diane don't feel left out on this one. I know how hard it is not to buy it, especially you want to try it out for yourself, to see if you would like it. & you hear how wonderful it is from other posts. but, believe you me, it's not a great fat burner this is for sure.
Saundra, don't you feel the weights are not heavy enough at times?
Unread October 21st, 2008, 03:54 AM
Workout Partner

No Diane, I wouldn't say I like the live WAVE class better. All that did was prepare me for Allison's DVD. The live class was 45 minutes. There were three instructors teaching it. Allison taught the first part, then Nancy (I believe) and lastely Emily. Lori, yes sometimes I felt the weight was not heavy enough. There was one time I felt the weight was too heavy and that was on Allie's chest scoops or whatever the move was called.

I did notice in Allison's workout that her Wave and Nancy's Wave moved signficantly during that carve the wave part - the part where they have you go side to side really fast.

When I was at the FIRM trip Kirsten asked me to be a Team Lead for a CrossTrainer's board. I told her yes. It is a board for people who do not only the FIRM but other workouts as well. If you all come across and want to join please do.

Oh Lori, I totally agree about the gauzy look of the Wave DVDs. I was thinking it looked more film like than tape like.

Saundra
Unread October 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM
Working Out

Saundra:

Since they asked you to Team lead do you still have to pay for the membership?
Thanks to both of you for your info on the Wave. What are they saying on the Firm Forum?

Lori I finally did the Stink Ball workout, your right I couldn't take the smell I had to switch to a different ball during the workout. I felt like I was getting a headache. My ball didn't bounce either. I feel like I was doing the same moves from other wokrouts just with a different piece of equipment. Some of the moves reminded me of the kettleball workout.

Diane
Unread October 21st, 2008, 01:39 PM
Workout Partner

Diane, I knew it was a bad sign when I read 2 days later when someone got their Wave they were alreading SELLING IT! on the Firm forum.
the reviews are lots of Firmies love it & the others are ok. I think more people at the Firm forum are liking it, than not. but, hey it is the Firm Believers Club right?

so I see your finding the same results, the Firm's are becoming very disappointing & I'm less enchanted as I used to be. my stinkball doesn't smell near as bad, but, it still smells. my other medicine ball never smelled like that & it has no odor at all now. I think that stinkball will stink forever
maybe we have just outgrown the Firm? they do seem to be repeating themselves. getting alittle old & tired? same old, same old?

oh, your welcome on my part. I just don't feel comfortable on recommending the Wave. not at that price. I prefer to be totally honest. I hate it when I jump on a bandwagon (done that so many times) & regret it later. I don't mind if it's just for a few bucks, but not a b.ig. purchase.

my Iron Core Way kbell dvd came today. I'll try it on Thurs. I'm wondering if it will be too tough for me? we'll see. some of the reviews I've read now, are kinda scaring me off.

did we lose Annette? & Saundra are you gonna go off & leave us too? might just be you & me Diane?
Unread October 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM
Working Out

Lori:
I was thinking you were going to off with Saundra, but I don't think you will both leave anyway. You said you were both part of the club anyway and here you are. I think Saundra actually wants us both there with her to keep her company. We keep the chat going consistantly.
I would think the Firm wouldn't want to many negative posts about they Wave especially since it just came out. Do you think they would want to here so many people not liking it. I know I wouldn't if I was just putting out a new product.
Why would someone sell their wave kit instead of sending it back to the Firm don't they have some 30 day back guarantee or something?
I think I know how to post my pictures I will try it tomarrow and see if it works.
We did get our electric turned on at the house, so things weren't hooked up right but are fixable.
It's time for me to get to sleep or I won't be able to get up.
I have good night.
Diane
Unread October 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Workout Partner

No I am not going to leave you. But I know you Lori said you read my post so I wanted you to know where I was because unless you are part of the team you won't see anything I post on that board.

Diane, I didn't ask if I still have to pay I probably should. It doesn't make since to my why they sell it instead of sending it back. Unless they are in Lori's boat and it is not cost efficient.

Also I agree with Lori at that price the WAVE is not worth it. I did Rock Solid Abs last night and I am still wondering about that workout. I honestly don't think I would put these workouts in my rotation on a regular basis.
But they are okay once in awhile.

The thing is Lori. Their live classes are so much more intense that the DVDs they produce. If they would sell those type of workouts, it would be awesome.

Dont' know what happen to Annette.

Diane glad to hear you have electric.

I am checking in with Amplify Your Strength from within.

Saundra
Unread October 21st, 2008, 11:47 PM
Workout Partner

Good Morning girls!
Saundra, what fun, I posted over there a few times. I'm 'irolklori' over there.

I hope Annette is alright. I'm starting to worry.

Saundra, I'm with you. my Wave is going to be used rarely in my rotation. not to keep knocking it...but, it's not a favorite, obviously. but, I will say, that I do believe it's still worth using once in awhile. I'm sure it's doing 'something' beneficial to the body? even though I don't feel any DOMS the next day?
I'm sure the classes are way too tough for the masses of people the Firm is selling their dvds to now. I believe the Firm will keep pumping out these mediocre beginner/intermediate dvds to satisfy most home exercisers?
it seems to be working for them, or they wouldn't keep doing it right?

regardless, being the Firm addict that I am. I know I will keep buying them. I think I'm just real cranky about the Wave, because I was expecting more? unfortunately it didn't happen. to be totally honest, it's the first time it didn't. when everyone complained about BSS1, 2 & 3 I was wondering why? guess, there's a first for everyone.

I too, found selling the Wave strange? another point I was going to say, is that seemed awfully hasty as well. I still think the Wave may be something that does grow on you with time? it very well can be one of those types of workouts, where the more you do them, the more you can get out of them also?

Saundra, did you do the b.u.t.t dvd yet from the deluxe kit?

I still haven't got my FLIPPIN' mat yet!!!! or my deluxe kit for that matter!

Saundra, on your blog from the Firm trip? what were the 3 dvds Emily gave you all in the goodie bags? curious.