Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 18th, 2005, 06:13 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default FitPrime Flex Posture Reviews

Please post your reviews for FitPrime Flex Posture here.

Last edited by annavere; October 18th, 2005 at 05:47 AM.
Unread March 20th, 2005, 12:27 PM
I think we are all sick in a good way ;)

Default Re: FitPrime Flex Posture Reviews

This is one for me to grow with. I still struggle to "get" some pilates moves, so I really had to focus on this workout.
Music is fantasic and Tamela is poised and beautiful! The workout alternates pilates, yoga, and aerobics with light weights. There are a number of balance and hip opening moves here too. It is a great day off or sunday workout.
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 05:59 PM
Just Signed Up

Thumbs up FitPrime FlexPosture review

I did this workout for the first time tonight and I loved it. Yoga and pilates are my favorites. I also need weights and cardio for my health. Tamela is a very spirited instructor and she reminds me to focus on my breathing and posture. The calorie burn with this workout amazed me- 295 calories in 55 minutes! The time absolutely flew by- before I knew it, the workout was finished! Now I feel relaxed and energized, like I just had a massage.

Sarah
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 01:54 AM
Working Out

Default Re: FitPrime FlexPosture review

Were you in your aerobic zone at all? I haven't even previewed this one.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 02:31 AM
Do I want to be fit or kick ****?

Smile Re: FitPrime FlexPosture review

I did this one last night. First things first. The production quality is stunning and everyone looks great. Tamela looks awesome and I think her tatoo on her left leg is cute. She looks very intent, but her personality breaks through when she smiles or says something kind of cute. Music of course, sounds fabulous. So this w/o LOOKS and SOUNDS great.

But as for the substance, I'm not sure yet. It's hard to classify this w/o - there's some yoga and pilates sequences, but also a couple of cardio and light weight tunes that almost seem beside the point. Maybe I would have liked it more if it had been ALL yoga and pilates. Not hard to do at all, and I did NOT sweat (which is VERY rare for me - I usually start sweating in the warm-up!)

So I think I will have to do this one more to figure out whether I truly like it or not. I know the purpose of this w/o is to cross train w/ Metaboost, but it feels more like a stretching w/o, with sporadic stuff thrown in.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 03:17 AM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

I think FlexPosture is probably going to be the most misunderstood and most underrated workout in the set, but I also think not including it in a WHFN workout rotation will be a mistake, because it includes exercises that complement those in the other workouts beautifully. It was the first new workout I used (I have the two retail DVDs and am waiting more or less patiently for the entire set from WHFN)--I used it the day after I had done Weights First. It made my body feel wonderful, especially my midsection, my shoulders and my neck.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 07:17 AM
Just Signed Up

"Were you in your aerobic zone at all?"
I use a Mio Shape heart rate monitor watch- my high heart rate was 123 bpm. By the time the workout ended, it was 103 bpm. This workout is a good one to do the day after a tough workout- I had DOMS from Upper Body Burn, so I used 3 lb. weights for this one.

Sarah
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 08:42 AM
Just Signed Up

I didn't liked this tape. I get more from The Firm Power Yoga and Wilson Pilates. I was expecting it to be more intense. It is like for people who never exercise.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 10:10 AM
Just Signed Up

I did this workout today after doing Metaboost yesterday. According to my HRM, I only burned ~ 100 calories during this workout (as compared to 300 calories during Metaboost). Though I did not break a sweat, I really enjoyed this workout. It is different from other workouts I have so I definitely will keep it. I can see myself using this on a "Rest or Yoga/Stretch" day or the day after a tough workout if I need something less intense. Loved it!!

Last edited by MSUgal; March 23rd, 2005 at 10:14 AM.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 11:53 AM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha E
I think FlexPosture is probably going to be the most misunderstood and most underrated workout in the set, but I also think not including it in a WHFN workout rotation will be a mistake, because it includes exercises that complement those in the other workouts beautifully.
I agree with this. I just completed this workout. To answer one question above, I did get 16 minutes in my aerobic zone. Tamela does seem very serious, but her instruction is superb. She tells you to keep your navel in just when it's sneaking out. This is a great one to compliment a tough workout for the day after.