Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 23rd, 2005, 12:59 PM
WHFN Infomercial Star

Default Re: FitPrime FlexPosture review

For me, I don't use yoga tapes for my aerobic zone, but to increase my flexibility and my strength. I think flex posture will be a wonderful addition to this series (I also did it the day after metaboost).
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 04:56 PM
Do I want to be fit or kick ****?

Default Re: FitPrime Flex Posture Reviews

Exactly, that's why I posted my thread the way I did - b/c I'm not quite sure I do "get" it (in fact, I'm pretty sure I don't). I really like Tamela in it, although she could have been a little more upbeat - she looks like a little girl who's trying hard to be "good." I loved her comment about those grasshopper things or crickets or whatever bug and then threw in "there's no place like home," I busted out laughing! And she looks gorgeous and did she age at all?

At first I thought the rug was too busy, but then I liked how it matched Tamela's top!

Oh, and I probably will buy a yoga block - my book just wasn't cutting it! Anyone know which size to get?
Unread March 24th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Makes me feel good to see this body do things my daughter can't. I couldn't have done it without my FitPrime/FIRM/WHFN workouts.

I felt Flex Posture was a nice follow-up to Metaboost which I did yesterday. Metaboost had me sweating buckets then today I spent 55 min. stretching, working on balance and core with a little cardio thrown in. Since I'm following the rotation Jammin' posted, I believe Strong Bear is up tomorrow. And I'll be ready to heavy up again.

Just because it doesn't feel like you're working hard doesn't mean your muscles aren't benefiting from the workout.
Unread March 25th, 2005, 11:37 AM
Working Out

The following was posted by Tamela Hastie (on another thread):

Quote:
In regards to Pilates - please try Flex posture - We incorporated pilates principals as well as yoga training. I have heard so many things about Flex posture not being hard enough - It is what you put into it! One thing that Flex Posture gave me is acceptance and peace with my body.( Does one have to be miserable when they work out? )Flexposture is like giving yourself a massage everytime you do it Its icing on the cake! Moving the spine properly and working with the CNS will work wonders - remember that anything that you do to increase you flexiblity and your body awareness the better off - you will have the tools to "advance the movments" or to offset injury while you mve about your day.
Unread March 25th, 2005, 01:21 PM
In Training

Thumbs up Re: FitPrime Flex Posture Reviews

I agree completely that you get out of it what you put into it. I LOVE the FlexPosture workout. I have done this two days in a row now in the afternoon before dinner and it is such a wonderful, calming workout. I've heard many times that with Pilates type work, it's something that you work constantly to improve. It may seem simple on the surface, but, it can be continually fine tuned. I think as I get older it's even more important to incorporate this type of workout into my schedule.

I love FlexPosture and am SO glad that Tamela led this class.
Two thumbs up!!

~~tracy
Unread March 25th, 2005, 04:55 PM
My Booty is Hurtin!

I haven't done this workout yet, but have viewed it and am looking forward to it. Tamela definantly has classic pilates training-its evident in her breathing-it sounds strange but is done to really force the air out. I also cracked up when she did the grasshoppers(aka) heel beats. I thought her comment was cute.
Unread March 26th, 2005, 05:44 AM
In Training

I did FlexPosture yesterday (actually after Fast Cheetah -- b/c I was off from work AND curious). I wanted to add my thoughts about "not feeling like you're working hard enough" as some of the posts have mentioned.

One of the reasons I struggle a little with Pilates/ Yoga is because when I'm weight training or running it is so obvious that I'm working hard and do not have to question it. But, weight training and running are easy to do in terms of learning how to do them correctly and then it's just a matter of building up strength and stamina.

Pilates and Yoga (to me) have much more to do with correct breathing, positioning, CORE strength, concentrated mental attitude -- things that really take time, not only to master, but to do simultaneously.

That said, I really appreciate FlexPosture in that not only is it a true fusion workout, but it will work with all those heavy weights or heavy cardio workouts beautifully. Remember how the 6 original Firms all had a different emphasis and not one reminded you of the other in substance? I think Anna has created the same effect here.
Unread March 26th, 2005, 06:45 AM
In Training

Thumbs up Re: FitPrime Flex Posture Reviews

If one does ALL weights/cardio training, your muscles tend to bunch up and
the energy does not flow correctly in your body. When you combine yoga (and I prefer non-power) you open the energy flow and it keeps you supple. Pilates builds the core better than any crunch. Sometimes its not all about calorie burn.

I think the yoga, cardio, weight, pilates combo is awesome! Leave it to one of the original Firm creators to come up with the perfect workout.
Unread March 26th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Getting Started

I did this one after an hour on the treadmill.

It felt great and I don't feel tight.

Anita
Unread March 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
The music is like ****ah.

I choose Flex Posture for my very first WHFN workout. Since I usually don't workout on Saturday, I was hoping this workout was more like the stretchy variety than cardio/weights.

I was right; I'm feeling relaxed and about 2 inches taller. But it will take me a few more times to get the moves down. This workout requires mental focus and there is a slight learning curve.

I was so happy to see Tamela again! I'm so looking forward to doing this workout again.

P.S. Everybody is right about the colors and sound being perfect. These workouts are so incredibly beautiful. I'm thrilled!