Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 28th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Workout Partner

Default Re: FitPrime Flex Posture Reviews

FlexPosture - Tackling the Third Component of Fitness
Stretching which increases flexibility is the most neglected component of Fitness.
This workout admirably tackles this issue.
Do not expect a heart thumping aerobic workout. You will not get it here. What you will get is your muscles work in a different way, a less impacted way.
For those of you who care about increasing your flexibility and strength through none impacted ways (Pilates and Yoga), this is an excellent workout. I give it an A.

Saundra
Unread March 28th, 2005, 08:29 AM
Happy with ME.

I chose Flexposture because I'm working on an injury and didn't want to overdue. I enjoyed this w/o and felt very refreshed afterward, but since I'm not familiar with a lot of yoga, some of the moves, along with the breathing, will take some getting used to.
Unread March 28th, 2005, 10:19 AM
My Booty is Hurtin!

I did Flexposture today and enjoyed it. My muscles needed a rest after doing almost all of the other FP's since last Wed. It is a nice fusion workout and made me feel tall and lean afterward. I did change up a few moves. The pilates side leg series was done with both legs extended like I am used to in class for one thing. I wasn't crazy about doing the saw on the box, but loved the triange stretch using the tall box. I also loved the balance work and the ankle work-it made me think of my aunt-she is 71 yrs old and is having heck with a broken ankle right now. I want to prevent that type of injury for myself someday.
Its a great workout for a rest day after doing some heavy weight work. Tamela did a great job of leading the workout and I am looking forward to doing this one again.
Kathy
Unread March 29th, 2005, 03:50 AM
Gimme something funky, ok? :)

I just got my 12-pack yesterday (woo hoo! Most exciting day of my life - how pathetic am I?). I am recovering from a cold, so I wasn't ready to do any heavy lifting or intense cardio - so I decided to make FlexPosture my first workout from the WHFN series.

I really enjoyed this workout. It was invigorating, and yet relaxing at the same time. It wasn't particularly difficult - so I think it's perfect for a rest day or for a day when you're just not feeling 100%. I burned 210 calories during this workout, avg HR was 121. So again, not particularly strenuous. But it felt great and was a wonderful way to start my morning. Any other workout would have sent me in to a coughing fit, and I would have had trouble breathing due to stuffy sinuses. But I think FlexPosture actually opened up my sinuses and made breathing easier.

Like others have said - vivid colors and beautiful music. Tamela does a great job with cueing and giving form pointers. For the part of the workout where you're lying on your tummy with your forehead on the Yoga block - I didn't feel like I needed to look at the tv to see what they were doing. I was able to follow Tamela's guidance with no trouble at all. I have other Yoga-type workouts where the cueing is not so great and I find myself craning my neck to see the tv when I'm in a pose where I shouldn't be craning my neck at all. Cueing is so very important for these moves and Tamela does awesome.

All in all, I loved this workout and will definitely be working it into my rotations.

I would give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter.
Unread March 29th, 2005, 07:30 AM
Getting Started

I previewed Flex Posture last Thursday and I loved looking at it! Tamela is so beautiful and poised and elegant and everything! This workout will be so great with my other Pilates workouts. I'm also going to get some of The Method workouts as well. I would love to get classic Pilates training! I would classify this workout as yoga/pilates with light cardio/weight thrown in for total body effectiveness. I think this is primarily a Yoga/Pilates workout though.
Unread March 31st, 2005, 04:17 AM
Just Signed Up

I did half Flexposture yesterday but did not have time to post. Life is just too busy sometimes to get these very important things done! *sigh*

I really loved this one too or at least the 36 minutes that I had time to do. I can't wait to do the entire workout.

-darlene-
Unread March 31st, 2005, 04:21 AM
Getting Started

I did Flex Posture today. I loved it. My first taste of Pilates moves and Tamela's cueing made it easy. It also showed just how UN-flexible I am. Definitely a good workout to have in my rotation.
Unread April 1st, 2005, 11:03 AM
A work in progress

Now I'm one who DID sweat buckets with this one and felt very worked out at the end. I REALLY focused and contracted muscles like Tamela said to do during the whole workout and I REALLY felt it all over. Maybe it's because I do AWT a lot but NOT yoga/pilates a lot. I LOVED this workout and can't wait to do it again. I give it a big A+!!!!!....Janice
Unread April 3rd, 2005, 04:12 AM
Rebounder Extraordinaire!

I did Flex Posture this morning, not expecting much out of it, but was I wrong! I love the workout and Tamela. I with someone else who said that you get out of it what you put into it. It was a great workout and worked on some components of fitness that often seems to be left out! ................working smarter, not harder, maybe!
Unread April 3rd, 2005, 07:09 AM
Just Signed Up

I really liked this workout. I have nothing else like it. I felt so relaxed when I finished that I wanted to do it again. I really focused on form and listening to Tamela's cue's. Tamela really did a great job instructing. Can't wait until it comes up in my rotation again.