Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 26th, 2005, 04:31 AM
Rebounder Extraordinaire!

Default Re: FitPrime Metaboost Reviews

This will be a favorite of mine! I loved the workout. Anna has a way of creating workouts that work you smarter not harder....it is an excellent workout that really targets those hard to reach muscle groups!
Unread March 26th, 2005, 07:43 AM
In Training

Thumbs up Re: FitPrime Metaboost Reviews

I just finished this one and of course it was great, yep to everything everyone has said...but I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE the music in Metaboost!! I could play this dvd just for the SOUNDS

And I love Heidi's enthusiasm....it makes for such an enJOYable workout!

~~tracy
Unread March 26th, 2005, 11:08 AM
Getting Started

Yep, loved this workout!

Heidi is great as always.

Anita
Unread March 26th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Working Out

The music is great - pretty mello - and the pace is pretty slow all the way through. What amazed me was that although this is basically a sculpting video, I got over 30 consistent minutes in my aerobic zone. I'm starting to wonder if this is Heidi's ABB influence - it seems like all her workouts are ideal for ABB.
Unread March 27th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Just Signed Up

I loved the video, too. I especially like using the yoga blocks...big surprise. I didn't think that the yoga blocks would make a difference in the workout, but I can really *feel* the difference. Great workout!

Two thumbs way up!!!
Brenna
Unread March 27th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Workout Partner

Metaboost - What a Boost!
Slow and deliberate. Those are the two words I most apply to this workout. The tempo lets you really work a move. And, for such a deliberate pace you really work up a sweat.
I found the clams and the one leg plies with balance option particularly tough. These two moves are something that you can really make it your goal to conquer.
The set is visually stimulating and the music really works well with the moves.
I give this workout a B+.

Saundra
Unread March 27th, 2005, 10:06 AM
donnadonna

While I don't think that I'll be doing this one a lot (I'm one of those knuckleheads who feel like if I'm not drenched at the end of a workout, I haven't worked out!)(yeah, I know, I know...), but found this one's design to be absolutely brilliant, one of Anna's best yet. I knew that I was getting a great workout (even though I didn't sweat at all, despite modifications) and spent the whole 50 minutes in awe of the whole package. The exercises and their sequencing are so innovative and meticulous and obviously so well thought out that I was, for lack of a better word, floored.

This may be THE perfect workout to get someone who does not exercise and is somewhat resistant to the idea of exercising (I find they tend to go hand-in-hand) into the routine. I can't imagine another workout that could be done at the beginner level and could be so effective and so much fun.

As an aside, found it amusing that Anna uses music from a former instructor's workout who had previously borrowed Anna's music for her workout! (not written elegantly, I know, but I'm sure you know what I'm trying to say!)

As another aside, read May's "Fitness" magazine in the beauty parlor yesterday. All of the exercises in their piece about "10 new moves to boost your metabolism" were ones that we FitPrime/Firm people have been doing for years. Much to my surprise, one of the moves was the "crunch/ball toss" from Weights First, which was such unique Anna, to say the least. Anyway, it's great that doing these workouts spares me having to spend my money and my time on those magazines - Anna's always told me just about everything I need to know about exercise and fitness!
Unread March 27th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Believer
The music is great - pretty mello - and the pace is pretty slow all the way through. What amazed me was that although this is basically a sculpting video, I got over 30 consistent minutes in my aerobic zone. I'm starting to wonder if this is Heidi's ABB influence - it seems like all her workouts are ideal for ABB.
It was excellent! I got 40-some minutes in my zone!

Last edited by LoriInND; March 27th, 2005 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added the word MINUTES
Unread March 28th, 2005, 02:50 PM
The music is like ****ah.

If you aren't a Heidi fan, you will be after Metaboost! Such perfect cueing made this workout easy to follow.

I sweated buckets, but I don't feel like I'm about to pass out. This is a solid Intermediate workout which is easily modified up or down depending on what weights you use (I used 5's and 10's).

I still can't get over how beautiful these workouts are! Did y'all notice how beautifully they are chaptered? I'm very happy with this one. I give it an A.
Unread March 28th, 2005, 03:25 PM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

I've done Metaboost twice, and I thought it was more intense the second time than the first, no doubt because I made a better weight selection. This isn't a wipe-me-out workout; it's a solid, steady-state workout that leaves me feeling well worked out and energized and happy. Heidi is just excellent! She cues well, gives good form pointers, and makes the workout fun. I'm so impressed with her!

The more FP and KB workouts I do, the more I realize how much work went into designing the new workouts and redesigning the original FPs to make them work as crosstrainers with and between sets. I've done three new FPs and three new KBs so far, and I've had "aha" moments during all of them.