Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread October 27th, 2007, 11:17 PM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive
Default Re: FitPrime Lean Reviews

This DVD has quickly become a favorite of mine. You hit all the major muscle groups in 43 min and also get a good cardio and stretch workout to boot.
I run races (mostly 5k) during the Fall and I wanted a relatively short weight workout to keep my muscle tone up and this one fits the bill!!
Unread October 28th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Patience? What is this patience that you speak of? LOL

I like Lean and it's length too, after doing 50 - 60 min workouts for the last 6 weeks, I'm finding that I need shorter workouts, that 30 to 45 min range. I've found that I really like SHAPE Bikine Body Camp transforming and redefining DVDs. I get a full body workout in 30 min and each DVD has 3 and 2 workouts, respectfully.

Oh dear, I sound like I work for SHAPE - LOL. I love my FitPrimes, I just don't have time to do a full FP rotation right now
Unread October 28th, 2007, 04:41 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive

I also have the SHAPE DVD's and like them. I also really like Keli Robert's new Timesaver series. I have the Upper Body and her Lower Body and Core workout should be out any day now on Collage *****. Each are only 30 minutes long.
Unread January 10th, 2008, 01:25 AM
Working Out

Revisiting LEAN (by a loyal WHFN fan)

This workout consists of low-intensity intervals. To increase intensity, it is highly recommended that you add ankle weights to the first few tunes to increase intensity (the warm up and the table work in particular).

For a more steady-state aerobic workout, play chapters 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 then 2, 7, 13, and 14.

I have decided that a flaw in this workout is the tall box climbs that many have mentioned they enjoyed/found challenging. These are done pretty fast - even Keli gets totally out of breath doing them. I would compare it to giving a child a 4th grade test and throwing in a few college-level questions. I don't understand why a workout would be all at one level and then something thrown in so out of harmony with the overall workout.

If the purpose of a workout is to include high-intensity intervals, one would think they would be slipped in throughout the workout. If the purpose was a low-intensity interval workout, the tall box climbs would have been done more slowly, keeping the workout consistent in difficulty. JMHO.
Unread August 23rd, 2015, 08:49 PM
Blast From The Past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Believer View Post
Revisiting LEAN (by a loyal WHFN fan)
....I have decided that a flaw in this workout is the tall box climbs that many have mentioned they enjoyed/found challenging. These are done pretty fast - even Keli gets totally out of breath doing them. I would compare it to giving a child a 4th grade test and throwing in a few college-level questions. I don't understand why a workout would be all at one level and then something thrown in so out of harmony with the overall workout.....
One easy fix for this is to lower your tall box to height a height that gives you a more appropriate heart rate response.
Unread February 24th, 2016, 02:18 AM
Just Signed Up

thanks for this... I'm going back to FitPrime starting on Monday! - Leap year, and leaping back to what I love the best! I miss Anna Benson, but thank God she lives on in all of us who love her DVDs...