Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 24th, 2005, 12:10 PM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: FitPrime Lean Reviews

I did Lean today and have mixed feelings about it. Kelli is a wonderful instructor and the set and production are gorgeous. But it didn't feel like a hard enough workout to me. I had the same experience with Time Crunch. When I do the Time Crunch with Susan Harris, I sweat like crazy! But the Tamela Hastie version seems so much lighter, even though the workouts are so similar. These workouts feel so much easier to me, but it could be because they are relatively new so I'm learning a little bit along the way, too. I'll try them again a few more times before making my final conclusion!!

Thanks,
Liz
Unread March 24th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Survivor Pool? Are you kidding? I'm IN!

Did it. Really loved it. Who would have thought that low impact could make one sweat so much? Kelly is just superb. Her form and cueing lack nothing.

The final stretch was probably the most effective and thorough final stretch I have ever done in a video. The towel stretch while sitting on the tall step was like heaven.

Now, only drawback is that it took me a while to hit my target HR. Once my HR was elevated, I was able to modifyto keep it up. Next time, I plan to use light weights and a tiny bit of impact on the opening cardio tune.
Unread March 24th, 2005, 04:12 PM
My Booty is Hurtin!

Just a note-when I did this workout today, I was really able to heavy up on the weighted portions because I knew I wouldn't be doing a ton of reps. Instead of using 3's I used 5's-instead of using 10's, I used 15's. If it seems easy, you might want to try this next time.
Unread March 25th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Rebounder Extraordinaire!

I did Lean this morning and I loved it! That's 2 for 2 (Pump and Lean)! I just hope Anna has 12 more workouts brewing on the burner right now! These are awesome workouts. I was really expecting the workouts to be a breeze, but they are not! They are, to me, about the same intensity as the old Firms. As Kathy said, the reps are fewer, so "heavying" up is a given. I love these workouts!
Unread March 25th, 2005, 07:15 AM
Happy with ME.

I agree with Liz. I think it's too early to be rating these workouts until after I've done them a few times so I know exactly what intesity works for me. Right now, I have to say I didn't get the workout that I would have liked. The setting is great and the trainers are too, but that doesn't make the workout, it only motivates.
Unread March 25th, 2005, 07:17 AM
Working Out

Quote:
Now, only drawback is that it took me a while to hit my target HR. Once my HR was elevated, I was able to modify to keep it up. Next time, I plan to use light weights and a tiny bit of impact on the opening cardio tune.
I'm so glad to read of this observation. I have found that it takes more to get *into* my training zone than to *stay* in it. For that reason, I am hoping that in future workouts we will have an opening tune like the tall box climb one in Fast Cheetah. I get many more minutes of cardio if I can just initially hit that zone.
Unread March 27th, 2005, 04:07 AM
Just Signed Up

Hi Everyone!
This is my first post here. I am so excited about these workouts that I wanted to post and share my enthusiasm.

I ordered the FitPrime 6 pk and received it Friday. I decided to go with LEAN as my first workout to try from the series because I wanted more cardio today.

I truly loved this workout! I have two left feet but had no problem following the choreo or Kelli's lead at all. I did not have problems keeping my heart rate up either and am sure I can up the intensity as soon as I am more familar with the workout....not that I feel I need to.

My HR stayed between 114 and 159. 159 is actually high for me but am sure that was during the tall box climbs. That gets mine up in other workouts too. I burned 197 cals and stopped at 36 min so I could add an arm workout. I am 43, weigh around 120 and have a resting HR around 55 - 60.

Have a very Happy Easter to all of you that celebrate!
-darlene-

*Edited because I can't type.*

Last edited by SpongeBlonde; March 27th, 2005 at 04:09 AM.
Unread March 27th, 2005, 05:03 AM
Administrator

Hi, Darlene, and welcome, and thanks for posting your review!

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread March 28th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Vidiot with a lost cause

Send a message via Yahoo to stephanie932

I just got done doing this workout for the first time. So, far......I think this is my favorite!!! I've done UBB, LBB and FP. When she got to the towel stretch, I was amazed that it was already over!!!

My stats were good for this one also. My HR stayed in zone 33 of the 45 mins. and I burned 344 calories!!! The one segment with the sideways lunges and the other segment w/ the leg presses put me way above my HRZ.

I can't add anything that everyone else hasn't already been covered except this is my favorite!!!!

Click here to see my Exercise Blog
Unread March 28th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Master Workout Partner

Send a message via AIM to jeanie

Wow Stephanie, I was amazed at your numbers. I loved this workout, but just couldn't stay in my zone. Here's my stats:

FitPrime "Lean"
43 minute workout
108 average hr
16 minutes in zone
162 calories burned

What really amazed me is that I know you and I do a lot of the same Cathe workouts, so I would think we are on a similar level of fitness. I'm going to have to try this one again soon and see what happens!