Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 28th, 2005, 08:24 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: FitPrime Lean Reviews

Jenn -- Thanks so much for the welcome! My reviews are never very detailed but am always happy to post my thoughts. Besides, you never know when you might enable someone!

Stephanie -- I am so impressed that you burned so many cals! I burned 197 up until the cooldown/stretch so might have made to 230 or so if I had continued. (Next time I will do it all the way thru.)

-darlene-
Unread March 28th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Vidiot with a lost cause

Send a message via Yahoo to stephanie932

Please remember, both of you.......that I'm coming off of almost a 2 week bout with the flu.......I'm still finding it tough to do normal things......and that may be part of the numbers.

Also.....I'm at 159 lbs.......so, that makes a huge difference.....both of you are much smaller so your #'s won't be as high. Just so you know, though......I'm aiming at getting to your weights.......so look out......here I come!

psssssttttttttt.......I think these and Cathe, and some serious step aerobics will get me there!

Click here to see my Exercise Blog
Unread March 28th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Master Workout Partner

Send a message via AIM to jeanie

Stephanie, I'm sorry to hear that you were sick. Glad you are on the mend! I'm only about six pounds lighter than you (and shorter to boot!) so I can't use that excuse! I'm hoping to get to 145 lbs. in the next few months.

P.S. I'm that crazy peep jerena from the yaya's who bugged you about Low Max. I'm loving this workout as much as you are!
Unread March 28th, 2005, 09:19 AM
Vidiot with a lost cause

Send a message via Yahoo to stephanie932

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh............the truth comes out!!!!.......lmao I'm just happy to know an adult close to my size at 5'1"....lol

And you never bugged me, ever!!! I'm just glad you are enjoying it. I worry sometimes that what I like and feel are impressive someone else will hate and bought it because of me......lol

I'd love to take the journey to 145 with you. I haven't been in the 150's in over 15 years.....so I'm quite excited. We can pm here or at yayas.......I think having someone to make that journey always helps!

Click here to see my Exercise Blog

Last edited by stephanie932; March 28th, 2005 at 09:35 AM.
Unread March 28th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Master Workout Partner

Stephanie, you are 5'1? I thought you were 5'10! Geez, that's quite a difference, huh? LOL!!! Leave it to me to screw numbers up. I barely passed General Math! I'm 5'7, so I guess I DO have a little bit of height over you!

I would love to take the journey with you. I have been getting advice from a trainer who really thinks the key for my body type is long, continuous cardio (which Low Max and Step Blast are ideal for). If you want, you can check out my training diary on this site. Long cardio sessions are tough, because I love aerobic weight training. Keep in touch, please!
Unread March 28th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Administrator

Hey, guys, all kinds of factors go into that number our heart rate monitors tell us (they are only just an estimate anyway): weight, height, bmi (depending on your model of hr monitor), level of fitness (dep. on hr monitor), AGE (huge factor in the aerobic ranges and maximum heart rate calculations), the alignment of the moon (just kidding! ). I LOVE my heart rate monitor!

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread March 28th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Master Workout Partner

This is true Jenn. You youngens burn a heck of a lot more calories than "more mature" women like me.

I love my heart rate monitor too. I can't imagine what I used to do without it!
Unread March 29th, 2005, 05:24 AM
Getting Started

I'm wondering why Anna Benson, the doyenne of sweat-inducing FIRM workouts, would design a series of workouts that seem to be, on the whole, pretty light-weight. I am going to tackle Lean this evening and if it's like LBB I may send them all back. When I started doing FIRM workouts I could barely get through the warm-up - that was 2 1/2 years ago. I also do Karen Voight and Cathe's easier workouts. Do you all think 43 minutes is enough? When I was taking aerobics way back in the 80's all classes were at least an hour. Now researchers are saying that you need at least that to get an effective workout. So why are they all coming out with these short workouts? So far I'm not happy but I'm going to keep giving it a shot for a few more DVDs and if I change my mind I'll certainly post.
Unread March 29th, 2005, 06:57 AM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2
Do you all think 43 minutes is enough? When I was taking aerobics way back in the 80's all classes were at least an hour. Now researchers are saying that you need at least that to get an effective workout. So why are they all coming out with these short workouts?
I follow scientific/medical research fairly closely, and I haven't heard of any study that has provided a definitive answer to how much exercise is enough, so if you have a link to a peer-reviewed study, I'd love to see it.

JMHO, but I think the quality of my exercise is often more important than the quantity. I also haven't found any of the FP/KB workouts I've done so far (three of each) to be what I'd call lightweight. Different from many other instructors' workouts, yes, but definitely not lightweight.
Unread March 29th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Administrator

As a researcher, I know enough about research that you can tweak a study to get the results you are looking for, too. For example, you want to look at whether working out for 10 minutes a day results in people losing weight. Depending on the participants you chose (say, people who've never worked out at all), your sample size (larger sample sizes have huge "power" in producing predicted results), and other variables, you can (many times) predict the outcome of your study before you even start to collect data.

Got on my soapbox a little there - sorry!

Bernie, the trick is finding what works for you. I've found that what works for me is consistency in my workouts and always keeping my body guessing. I do workouts of varying lengths to do just that. I also keep a variety of workouts in my repertoire to choose from. I've found that I do not have to do killer workouts 5 or 6 or even 7 days a week (I'm 28 BTW). Part of keeping my body guessing is a nice blend of the tougher stuff with more moderate activity. But that may not work for others. It's just what works for me. No study, unless they used me as a single-subject design, is going to be able to tell me what works best for me.

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."