Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread April 23rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Patience? What is this patience that you speak of? LOL

Default Re: FitPrime Upper Body Burn Reviews

Okay, I think this will be my least favorite. Why you ask, well, I don't like working my upper body . Being that I'm not an upper body fan it was enjoyable

It is a solid workout with ab work and light cardio and like the other workouts I've done so far I felt refreshed when I was done. When scheduled I'll do it.
Unread April 26th, 2005, 07:16 PM

Did I mention DOMS, whoohoo, it hit me Saturday
Unread April 27th, 2005, 02:59 AM
Just Signed Up

Amen Vceira. I didn't think I was working that hard till the next day. MAJOR DOMS. Anything that makes me that sore has got to be good for me. I was impressed with the new sholder and tricep moves. Its been a long time since I have seen something new. I love this tape but wish it had tougher cardio. I made my movements big and added hops and jumps.
Unread April 28th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Simpler is better!

I gotta say, when I'm in the mood to work my upper body, I have no desire for cardio. I've been programming this one without the cardio segments. Brings it to about 42 minutes. Very doable on "Time Crunch" days.
Unread May 10th, 2005, 09:16 PM

Oops - Ouch - What Was I Thinking

Tonight I'd scheduled FitPrime Upper Body Burn. Last time I did this I got DOMS two days later...meanwhile, my at work workout student had a bad day and has decided that she really likes Prime Powers Fat Burning...that is a serious upper body workout as well as a fat burner...I got stupid and used 16 pounds to do lat rows with Prime Powers.

Now, 10 minutes after ending my evening with Upper Body Burn DOMS is already setting in along with reality LOL. Oh well, I have some Aleve

Vennitta

--
Get Fit! Weight loss will follow
Unread May 14th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Just Signed Up

Thumbs up Re: FitPrime Upper Body Burn Reviews

I always love it when a new Fitprime instructor is introduced. Kelli is a great instructor; guiding us, not performing for us. And those shoulders...wow!! I would LOVE to know her diet. I hope to see Kelli intruct more routines in the future. BRAVO!

My pecs were sore the day after doing this routine for the first time - and my pecs RARELY get sore.
Unread May 15th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Happy with ME.

Hi everyone! I did this w/o again a couple days ago and I love it! Some don't like the idea that it has more cardio, but that's why I like it so much. There are so many strength workouts, and since I don't spend many calories with any of the new Fitprimes, I like the cardio and being able to heavy up. Kelli is a great instructor, too. She's so natural, unlike some of the other instructors.
Unread September 3rd, 2005, 01:24 PM
Getting Started

[b][color=purple][font=Times New Roman][size=3]I thought it was a great upper body workout. I had to use my heaviest weights on this one. It is a great workout if I don
Unread October 28th, 2005, 10:38 PM
Just Signed Up

Thumbs down Re: FitPrime Upper Body Burn Reviews

Hi, everyone!

After doing this workout for the past 5 months, I think I need to send my review in... Well, this may be a fun and effective workout but Keli's queing is horrible! First of all, she queues after she does the movement (especially during aerobic segments-she is so happy with herself when she succeeds a transition!!!). Also, you must have noticed that when doing tricep pushups on the bench she indicates that there are twelve to do when actually she does only 8. Single arm rows are about 10 on the non dominant side and 12 one the dominant. As with single arm bent front raise - she does 5 reps on the non dominant side and 6 on the dominant. When she does the push-ups with one heand on the bench and one hand on the floor (I think) and you follow her instructions, you end up doing the same side twice. Also, in editing - and while you try to be the morror image of her, you will notice that she changes hands and sides! You can see that she is confused as to which side should be on the bench and which on the floor... she is uncertain and stutters! Along with the other workouts she is instructing I must say that she is my least favorite. She pants a lot - and I really hate it when I hear an asthmatic instructor whispering the moves - makes you wonder if she is in aerobic or anaerobic mode.
Needless to say, her queing for chest flies is for the dogs! You should never watch the tv when lying on your back, and you can't do that when you don't know what she's talking about!
So, guys, when you do this workout keep in mind which side you have already worked and to the other next. You dont want to be lopsided!!!
In general, these new workouts have very little to do with the original FIRMs in the editing process. This editing is BAD and you will notice that the class members are also lost! Each one does her own thing - not a beginner-inermediate-advance modification - but a different style and tempo altogether.
Please, guys at WHFN... DON'T HAVE HER DO ANY MORE OF YOUR WORKOUTS IN THE FUTURE! SHE'S IRRITATING!
Unread October 30th, 2005, 03:00 AM
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by beospenser
This is the third of the new WHFN's I have tried, behind PUMP and LEAN. Like those two, it has the same beautiful production quality, vivid colors and fantastic music. (The music in UBB is a little bit edgier/rockier, but there is a classic FIRM tune in here everyone will recognize!)

I liked this one, but it definitely has a greater learning curve factor for me than PUMP or LEAN, mostly because it is crucial you follow along exactly as Kelli says in using your dominant or nondominant side. The exercises don't follow in order: you don't work your left lat and then go immediately into your right lat. Instead, you do a bunch of other exercises and maybe some cardio and THEN go back to that other side. So if you didn't use the side she told you to and happen to forget what side you worked five minutes ago (like I did throughout!), you're going to have problems! For some reason unlike in the old Firms, I can't seem to follow Kelli by trying to "mirror" her image. I inevitably end up on the wrong side somehow. Not quite sure what I am doing wrong here!

There are a lot of lat rows and pushups tweaked in different ways, but only two sets of biceps. I sort of expected more bicep work from an upper body tape, but the moves are done slower (2 counts up, 4 counts down, etc) so if you heavy up this might be sufficient.

The workout includes some decent ab work at the end and, like PUMP and LEAN, plenty of nice stretches.

I would rate this one as strictly intermediate
I also try to mirror the instructor regarding which side is being worked at that time.This is one of the most confusing things to me! LOVE these workouts though!