Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 27th, 2005, 09:23 AM
Working Out

Default Re: Reviews for KickButt Strong Bear

I *did* watch them side-by-side and did not see any upper body taken out. The beginning stretch was moved to later in the workout. Please let us know what you are referring to!
Unread March 27th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I want to go back to the islands...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Believer
I *did* watch them side-by-side and did not see any upper body taken out. The beginning stretch was moved to later in the workout. Please let us know what you are referring to!
Thanks, Lisa. I previewed them back to back earlier this week, and I just finished doing a quick preview of each chapter. Like you, the only thing that I see different is the stretch segment.

I would also like to know exactly which upper body exercises are left out. Thanks in advance.
Unread March 27th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I think we are all sick in a good way ;)

Oops - that was supposed to be crunch time - so sorry!
Unread March 27th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Workout Partner

I am not sure if I liked this workout or not. I felt as if something was missing. At one point during the workout, I felt as if the workout went into slow motion almost coming to a complete stop.

I did find Keli very appealing and motivating. I particularly like the segment where she has us do upper body while balancing on one leg. There are several moves I found challenging - such as doing the round house kicks and trying to control the leg as you placed it on the tall step. I look forward to conquering this move.

Saundra
Unread March 28th, 2005, 04:13 AM
Bubble **** in Progress

Thumbs up Re: Reviews for KickButt Strong Bear

I loved this workout. I loved the original too..but the glitches drove me crazy! Yes, I miss Tracie...but Keli Roberts was wonderful.... I cant wait to try them all!
Unread March 28th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Getting Started

Ditto to what's already been said about the production quality and workout flow.
I found it very intense, and feel like my whole body has been worked thoroughly.... though the ab segment seemed a bit too brief.
I've always thought Keli Roberts an excellent instructor, and am glad she was on board for this project. Her cuing, form and pointers are virtually flawless.

Last edited by Michelle S.; March 28th, 2005 at 04:15 PM. Reason: sp
Unread March 28th, 2005, 03:19 PM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

I did this workout for the first time this afternoon. The short report is that I loved it!

Although there weren't large numbers of reps for the upper body exercises, it was very easy to maximize their effectiveness by using heavy weights. This is a time-honored workout technique, and I think it works really well with both the FitPrimes and the KickButts. More isn't always better, at least IMHO. And while it's true that the traditional ab section was short, there was a good bit of ab/core work throughout, so I didn't feel shortchanged.

Keli Roberts exceeded my expectations--I knew she'd be a good fit with these workouts, but the fit is even better than I had imagined. Her cuing was excellent throughout, as were her form pointers.

Last edited by Martha E; March 30th, 2005 at 03:29 AM.
Unread March 28th, 2005, 03:44 PM
blkane

Well, this was my very first Fitprime/Kickbutt workout. I'm new and I finished Strong Bear. It wasn't pretty but I finished!! I managed to burn 400 calories on this one and I stayed mostly in my target hr. I am unfamiliar with how the moves are sequenced so I was a little wobbly in parts but I know its doable with practice.

I thought Kelli did a nice job. I think this workout will grow on me as I become more familiar with the moves.
Unread March 30th, 2005, 02:47 AM
Master Workout Partner

Send a message via AIM to jeanie

Everyone did such wonderful reviews of the new Kickbutt "Strong Bear", but I just wanted to add my praises! I was NOT a big fan of the original Strong Bear, so I was hesitant to do this one. Wow, what a difference the beautiful production quality and removal of glitches made! Kelli is a wonderful instructor and I loved her helpful tips of body positioning throughout the workout.

Here's my stats:

55 minute workout
119 average hr
37 minutes in zone
285 calories burned

This was definitely one tough workout!
Unread March 31st, 2005, 12:12 AM
I think we are all sick in a good way ;)

I am a HUGE fan of the original and while I was bummed the first time I did it (no Tracie!!) I gave it another go this morning and what can I say - I was wrong - I LOVE it!!!