Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 29th, 2005, 03:10 AM
Bubble **** in Progress

Default Re: KickButt Fast Cheetah Reviews

I liked this workout, but missed Tracie. I loved seeing Heidi (she is just so soothing!) and some familiar faces in the cast and Kimberly is FANTASTIC! But, somehow Tracie owns Fast Cheetah. Now I am a little apprehensive about Steamin Cardio as well.

Bottom line--Id love to see more of Kimberly and of course Heidi, but I will not be trading the original anytime soon..every now and again I may need a Tracie fix.

That being said I would love to see some more kickboxing with Kimberly and the one thing that this tape improved vastly was the yoga portion.. I feel Heidi's form and direction shines!
Unread March 29th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Working Out

This workout is significantly different from the original, so I think that there is no point in comparing. I will always use my original Fast Cheetah. I spent about 25 minutes in my training heartrate zone. This workout has little weight work, but lots of pilates and core work. It is a fine workout to cross train with any heavy weights workout. Kimberly's way of moving to the music reminds me *so much* of LaReine, but I *love* her cueing.

I'm thinking that a fun rotation would be:

Original Strong Bear
KickButt Fast Cheetah
KickButt Strong Bear
Original Fast Cheetah
Unread March 29th, 2005, 04:19 PM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

Wow, it sure is different. I like them both, but did miss parts of the original- the ball and balance work.
Unread March 29th, 2005, 04:45 PM
The music is like ****ah.

I was disappointed in the choreography...I missed the ball work and the more challenging cardio. Soooo, I'm glad I made the decision to keep the original Fast Cheetah. (I like the original FitPrimes too much to want to see any changes!)

FirmBeliever: Yep, that does look like a fun rotation!
Unread April 2nd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Just Signed Up

For me, the intensity of the original Fast Cheetah is not there. This is the first one of the Kick Butt series I'm kind of disappointed in. The production, set,.. etc is outstanding, but I'm an advanced level exerciser and even after running 3 miles right before I tried this, I did't feel like it was enough of a workout for me as was the original.
Unread April 6th, 2005, 05:29 AM
Beagles are just like potato chips! You can't have just one!

Don't tell me I am the only one that noticed that NARTY is back in this workout????!!!!

I just did the workout..it is my least favorite so far but I think once I get the routines down pat I will like it for "easy" days. I would also add light ankle weights for all the floor/core work.....I like Kimberleys attitude and cueing. She looks so much like Geena Davis I think!

Last edited by ShowBeagles; April 6th, 2005 at 05:31 AM. Reason: spelling
Unread April 6th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Working Out

Many of us followed the production of these workouts on this site. Narty posted here before and after filming. She is interviewed in the infomercial (there are clips of this on the home page, I believe). I think we all knew of her involvement about 6 months ago, so I guess the excitement has died down a bit.
Unread April 8th, 2005, 03:20 PM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

I did this workout for the first time yesterday. What took me so long?!? I loved it! The cardio portion flowed really well--better than the original IMHO, although the original is one of my favorite old FPs. I found it to be just as intense--different, but equally intense. Kimberly and Heidi were both excellent--great cuing, great form pointers.

I continue to be very, very pleased with all these workouts. The more I do them, the more I see and appreciate the underlying design in each set. There's nothing like these workouts on the market, and I'm delighted to be among the first to have them!
Unread April 12th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Administrator

I did this today and LOVED it!!! The cardio sections are very different from the original, so it's possible to love them both. I also loved how we got to see Heidi and Kimberly. Narty and Tamela looked great in the cast, and I recognized some other familiar cast members from old Firm workouts!

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread April 13th, 2005, 04:25 PM
My Booty is Hurtin!

I have to admit that I was not a fan of the original SC or FC so I am very pleased with the changes in this workout. I found some cardio portions of the original Fast Cheetah very boring. Although there is repitition in the new version, it doesn't make me yawn or look at my watch. I loved Kimberly as a lead, too. This workout is different in style from her Triple Threat DVD, yet she appeared to be comfortable just the same. She is one of my favorite kickboxing instructors.

Jenn- I keep seeing facing that look more familiar, too. There is a woman with darker, medium length hair that is featured in the Fitprimes that seems REALLY familiar.