Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread April 14th, 2005, 04:25 AM
Getting Started

Default Re: KickButt Fast Cheetah Reviews

I did this last night and I really liked it. The cardio was hard enough to really get me going - some of it was pretty tough - and I enjoyed the floor work. Both instructors are very good and motivating. It seems this series is a bit tougher than the FP, so it will make nice alternative. I just wish I had an extra riser to my club step so I could get more benefit from the lunges and presses. The old FL is in storage and I'd be nervous about using it for some of the moves anyway.
Unread April 17th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Simpler is better!

I'm another one who was not a fan of the original FC. I'm just not into ball work. Not much in plyo work, so it was wonderful. I think Kimberly is awesome and love her athletic style. Heidi compliments the workout just right. So far, this is my favorite cardio workout.
Unread April 21st, 2005, 03:25 AM
WHFN Infomercial Star!

I did this for the first time today and have mixed feelings on it. The set, music, cast and Heidi and Kimberly are great, but I just felt like it was barely a workout. I burned only 180 cals. I know it's my first time through, but I even used 3# bells on some of the cardio. I don't want to be hung up in the numbers all the time, but isn't maintaining/losing weight all about calories in vs calories out? When I do cardio, I'm looking for a burn of at least 250, preferably 300.

I missed the ball play too. I think that's what makes the original tougher. I know that I'll be able to use the cardio in the new one as an add on for weights, so that's a good thing!
Unread April 21st, 2005, 03:31 AM
Bubble **** in Progress

I went back to using the original Fast Cheetah in my workouts. This is the ONLY remake that I do not love. I do not hate it, but the original is much more challenging IMHO.
Unread April 21st, 2005, 03:45 AM
WHFN Infomercial Star!

Maryann - I know that I'll have to agree with you on that one, even though I have yet to go back and do the original. This one just isn't challenging. But like I said, it is good for an add on to weights or something.

Oh, and I do love me some Tracie!
Unread April 21st, 2005, 09:39 AM
donnadonna

I'm with you, Maryann. I liked the original much better, where I found the cardio portions much more challenging and, as importantly, much more interesting.
Unread April 21st, 2005, 10:24 AM
Just Signed Up

Unhappy Re: KickButt Fast Cheetah Reviews

I gave away my original FitPrime video tapes when I ordered the whole KickButt series -- boy, am I sorry that I did. I am disappointed with this workout. The intensity is just not there for me. I get a lot of motivation from the instructor and although Heidi Tanner is terrific, Kimberly's workout seemed to lack the excitement/intensity that I need. Kimberly's rhythm/timing to the music also seems to be off. I think that this workout will stay in storage for a long time.
Unread April 21st, 2005, 02:24 PM
Rebounder Extraordinaire!

I love the new Fast Cheetah! I did it this morning....my second time and was thinking how fast the time went. I find myself wanting to do this one a lot more than I did the original one.
Unread April 22nd, 2005, 03:04 AM
In Training

I did this one for the second time this morning too, Vanessa. To be honest, I don't really understand the negative responses to this one. I love it! I feel like I'm working out with Geena Davis's little sister! It's not high impact (a good thing in my mind) but it certainly can be high intensity if you really give it all you've got - maximize range of motion, add 3lb hand weights when appropriate. I'm thinking about trying Heidi's section with ankle weights next time. Like somone else said (Carol-is-Fit, I think), what you get out of these workouts really depends on what you put into them. I consider this one a winner!
Unread April 22nd, 2005, 03:19 AM
WHFN Infomercial Star!

Helen - do you have the original Fast Cheatah? I am using that as a comparison and it is definitely tougher than the remake, at least to me. Perhaps I'll be able to give this a better review the 2nd time around, but I have a feeling I'll still be partial to the original and the ball play. I didn't think I'd miss that as much and I do.

I will say that since there is no high impact moves in the new one, it'll be nice to do on days you don't feel like being too hard on yourself, so that's a good thing