Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread April 15th, 2005, 04:15 AM
Working Out

Default Re: KickButt Floor Burn Reviews

I compared this to the original Floor Burn and they are almost identical, with a few advanced moves changed and the initial stretch moved to later in the workout. The lead wears black pants, black bra and yellow top in both workouts.

Besides abs, hips, and thighs, there is significant tricep work in this. (For example, very intense tricep pushups). I'd compare this workout to well-prepared broccoli. It is well presented and good for you.
Unread April 16th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Getting Started

I did this one today and I really liked it. I feel like a klutz, though, and like some of the others in this set it's going to take a few tries before I get the hang of it. Tamela seems strict. She must be a mom. Another good one from WHFN.
Unread April 16th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2
I did this one today and I really liked it. I feel like a klutz, though, and like some of the others in this set it's going to take a few tries before I get the hang of it. Tamela seems strict. She must be a mom. Another good one from WHFN.
Hi, Bernie! She is a mom of 4!

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread April 17th, 2005, 03:45 AM
Searching for a health food store in town.

I was not a fan of floor burn with Susan. I love susan but just do not like floor work. But I have to say I did this today for a good relaxing type sunday workout. I usually never w/o on sunday. I liked it a lot. I thought it was very good. I loved all the yoga poses in the workout and my legs burned bad. It is a keeper for me. Of course it is not a cardio for me at all. A good leg/butt toner and yoga workout is what I call it.
Unread April 17th, 2005, 02:00 PM
Simpler is better!

I guess I don't remember the original like I thought b/c this seems all new to me. I previewed this one today after doing Fast Cheetah, and I'm really anxious to try it. No, I'm not follow the rotation,......just doing what I feel like for now and trying them all out. My lower body is sore in places I forgot I had and now watching FB makes me think I will feel a burn like never before.
Unread April 25th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Getting Started

Loved it!! Loved everything about it. Can really feel the effort I put into it some 7 and 1/2 hours later. Great exercises and great instructor. Whfn please make more workouts!!!

"Those who think they have not time for bodily exercise will sooner or later have to find time for illness." --Edward Stanley
Unread April 28th, 2005, 04:33 AM
The music is like ****ah.

This was my second time to try Floor Burn. OMG, it really did set my glutes and thighs on fire. I was able to do more this time; there is a lot of instruction that I missed on the first try.

These workouts require mental focus and you definitely get out of them what you put into them. I put a lot more into Floor Burn this time, and it really paid off. I did it on Tuesday and today (Thursday) my glutes and thighs are still slightly sore.

Floor Burn will be one of my favorites. I like not wearing shoes!

Tamela is in definitely in charge but adorable at the same time.

How DOES she do it? I need to learn that.
Unread April 28th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Simpler is better!

Well I finally got around to doing this one and liked what it did for my lower body. I guess I was hoping there would be more upper body in this one. Pec Flies, Ribcage Pullovers, etc. Tamela did very well and came across very professional. I'll definitely continue doing this one, I just need to change my mind set on what areas it really works.
Unread May 5th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Just Signed Up

I made myself do Floor Burn b/c it was the next workout on my rotation but I don't usually "want" to do this type of workout. I was surprised b/c I really enjoyed it. I used 8 lb weights and got a good leg/hip/core workout. The music and choreography was seamless and beautiful. On a day that I am feeling especially strong, I'll add in a treadmill run. Today I was tired and achey (sp?) and it was perfect all by itself--very energizing and uplifting. I really liked that pilates move near the end where you lay on your side and swing your leg forward and back, bending and straightening it and I wish that segment was longer. (otherwise, a perfect workout) thanks!
Unread May 10th, 2005, 03:11 PM
My Booty is Hurtin!

Thank goodness there are some less intense workouts in this series. I needed to work out today but just didn't have the energy for too much. Floor Burn gave me a nice workout and kept me going. Tamela really seems relaxed in this one. I would love to see her do a pure pilates workout someday.