Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread August 5th, 2005, 04:58 AM
A cranky slayer is a careless slayer

Default Re: KickButt Floor Burn Reviews

Hello everyone,

I got my KB series last week, but due to training for a road bike race have only been able to to two...especially as I'm in taper mode right now (the race is in two days). So the first video I chose was Floor Burn, as I really wanted a no-shoe workout. I've a long time yoga practioner, and actually taught mat pilates for a year or so (about four years ago), so I was reasonably comfortable with the moves (there was one that I got a little confused on, but hey it was my first time through! ).

Overall I though it was a good workout -- particularly for my lower abs and hips. I have recurring sciatica problem so keeping my hip and lower back muscles strong but limber is very important for management purposes. I didn't have much in the way of soreness except some pleasant tightness in my abs the day after. The other tape I've done was Fast Cheetah, which I liked a bit more than this one, but I can see returning to Floor Burn for an invigorating, if not super challenging alternative. Of course all the reviews I've read state that the tapes get harder as you do them for longer, so perhaps I'll be eating my words soon!

Can't wait to try the rest next week once race training is over!

Jennifer

'It is a sham, but it's a sham with yams. It's a yam sham.'

Unread September 3rd, 2005, 01:31 PM
Getting Started

Thumbs up Re: KickButt Floor Burn Reviews

I thought this was a great workout. The steps were not hard to follow. Tamala was great in this workout.
Unread May 5th, 2006, 02:37 PM
Just Signed Up

I just finished this workout and feel fantastic. The table work was killer as was the ab work. Come to think of it, so was the tricep work via cobra pushups and the bridge work...

The weird thing about this workout is that it's definitely challenging, but it is kind of fun. The music is very unobtrusive yet motivating, which to me is perfect. Tamela really shines in this one, she seems so much more at ease here than in Flexposture (a workout I truly love).

The pilates in this is pretty tough at times. I liked that she uses the step as a table support for the pilates moves, it helped relieve pressure on my back and improved my form.

The stretches here were sooooo nice. Honorable mention to the mermaid stretch, done at *just*the right time and hitting the exact spot. Also the stretches seated on the box.

I highly recommend this to anyone who has had a stressful day, yet still wants to fit in a workout. Trust me on this!

Unread May 11th, 2006, 02:05 PM
Just Signed Up

This workout is great! I didn't know what to expect and was quite intrigued when I saw the pie chart on the back of the case.

I am not a spring chicken and I found some parts easy and some parts challenging. The leg lifts were great. I really felt my glutes burning. The leap frogs were tough.

Overall, I love Floor Burn!
Unread April 2nd, 2007, 04:21 AM
Working Out

I did this workout yesterday, I think for only the second time. As floor workouts go, it is great. I just don't get into working out on the floor. Tamela is great in this workout, leaving me more confused than ever about why she was mugging so much as a background exerciser. She doesn't do that even when she's leading.

This workout definitely fits into a WHFN rotation! I'm still so happy and grateful for these workouts.
Unread September 10th, 2012, 09:33 PM
In Training

I did this workout this morning, haven't done it in awhile. I like how this workout "flows" and of course the music is great.

Anita
Unread September 19th, 2012, 06:45 PM
Administrator

Anna sure knows how to 'kick' our beee-hiney's gracefully doesn't she! LOL