Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 18th, 2005, 06:40 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default KickButt Push Pull Reviews

Please place your KickButt Push Pull reviews here.

Last edited by annavere; October 18th, 2005 at 05:49 AM.
Unread March 18th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: KickButt Push Pull Reviews

I went out to my localBorders and Books and found one DVD left. I went home and put my 2 year old down for a nap and did the workout. I know you are supposed to preview them first, but I couldn't help it.
Boy, was I sweating after. I really enjoyed this workout. Heidi Tanner looks so good. The quality is great. I feel sore all over and haven't sweated this much in ages. I am used to doing the BBS 1-3 workouts so this was a treat. I loved the old FIRM workouts and this was like them.
The cardio was mostly kickboxing and the weightlifting varied from legs to upper body. The tall step segment turned my legs into jello. The triceps also got their own workout four seperate times. The hover squats with overhead presses for the arms made me catch my breath. The yoga-pilate-stretch at the end made me feel taller and calmer. Overall I loved this workout. Heidi was wonderful. YOu could tell that she was out of breath on some segments and that made me want to work harder knowing that she was as winded as I was.
Now I wish I would of waited to order the complete set. Oh well,
Susie
Unread March 19th, 2005, 03:47 AM
Just Signed Up

Susie, thanks for the review!
Unread March 19th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Getting Started

Is Push Pull like any of the original FitPrimes, or is it a new one? If it's new, how would you rate it in intensity? Is it a really tough one, or more for an intermediate exerciser?
Unread March 19th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Getting Started

Push Pull was remade from From the Ground Up.
Unread March 19th, 2005, 02:54 PM
Master Workout Partner

Send a message via AIM to jeanie

I just completed Push Pull. Since I'm a big fan of "From the Ground Up", it's no surprise that I loved this workout (even though you DO wear shoes in this one)!

Here's my stats:
51 minute workout
115 average hr
29 minutes in zone
235 calories burned

If you've done FTGU, you'll find these two are very similar, from the music to the moves. This time, however, Heidi pairs up with Kimberly. Kimberly does the cardio (boxing) sections, and she is an awesome instructor! I don't know where she's been hiding, but she's a natural. As someone else mentioned, she looks like a young Gina Davis. My only regret is that after Kimberly does her cardio segments, she "disappears" off camera. I wish they would have kept her as a background exerciser. Narty is one of those background exercisers, and the camera flashes to her often. She looks wonderful -- fit and pretty as ever.

I believe the cardio sections might be a little easier in this version, because some of the impact moves are replaced with kicks and marches. The strength sections seem almost identical.

Again, the production quality is great. The colors are vibrant and the music is clear and motivating.

If you don't have FTGU, you NEED this workout. If you do have FTGU, you'll probably want it anyway.
Unread March 20th, 2005, 03:28 AM
I think we are all sick in a good way ;)

Very much like the original FTGU but Heidi'd form is even better! Kimberly leads the kickbox segments and I found her style warm, friendly and energenic (seems crazy to mention it, but she really blended well with Heidi). The beginning stretch was moved more toward the end of the workout, no ankle weights and the pushups were separated from the back work. I love this workout. As tough as the original for me!
Again - fab production quality and cast!
Unread March 20th, 2005, 08:58 AM
I want to go back to the islands...................

Here's my stats and comments:
Warm-up, Strength, and Cardio only:
41:38 minutes total time
24:4 7minutes in my THRZ
122 average heartrate
225 calories burned
50% fat

poundage used:
Billy balls for cardio
10 lb. dumbbells for compound moves and tall box climbs
12 inch tall box for climbs
14 inch tall box for hover squats and 10 lb. dumbbells for shoulder work
pushups-used 8" tall box, slow set done on my toes and fast set on my knees
triceps dips & triceps pushups-used my pushup bars
triceps overhead extensions-20 lbs.
triceps kickbacks-8 lbs.
tall box climbs with shoulder work-grabbed my 3 lb. genie balls. Next time I'll use my 5 lb. dumbbells
back work-15 lb. dumbbells and I modified the one arm rows
dumbbell chest flyes-10 lb. dumbbells
pullovers-10 lb. dumbbells

contributing factors:
today was my second day of my TOM. I was pretty shaky during some of the strength work. This very rarely happens.

Core Work and Stretch:
13 minutes
zero percent in my THRZ
100 average heartrate
30 calories burned
60% fat

The intensity of the cardio has definitely been watered down, but since I was feeling a bit shaky during the strength work, I actually welcomed the lower intensity. This workout felt tough to me. I'm not sure if my TOM is contributing to its toughness, or if this type of strength training is the contributing factor.

I enjoyed this version much more than the first. I never thought that the production quality would make such a difference, but it really does. The music is so crystal clear, and I find myself really engulfed by the music.
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 05:45 AM
Working Out

I did this workout with the original version playing side by side. I think it is more intense aerobically now and had a hard time keeping my heartrate under 80%. One of the greatest improvements is that the "warmup stretch" has been moved to right between the cardio and floorwork. That way you get into the aerobic zone early and stay there. I LOVED this workout!I would classify it as Intense Total Body Cardio Sculpt.
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 08:43 AM
I want to go back to the islands...................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firm Believer
I did this workout with the original version playing side by side. I think it is more intense aerobically now and had a hard time keeping my heartrate under 80%. One of the greatest improvements is that the "warmup stretch" has been moved to right between the cardio and floorwork. That way you get into the aerobic zone early and stay there. I LOVED this workout!I would classify it as Intense Total Body Cardio Sculpt.
Hi Lisa. I really liked the warm-up section before the floorwork, too! Like you, I LOVE this workout.