Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread March 22nd, 2005, 09:02 AM
Getting Started

Default Re: KickButt Push Pull Reviews

Collage has the Push Pull/Steamin' Cardio DVD on their web site now. I was surprised to see that they classified it as Intermediate. They classify most FIRMs as Inter/Advanced.
Unread March 22nd, 2005, 09:07 AM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolk
Collage has the Push Pull/Steamin' Cardio DVD on their web site now. I was surprised to see that they classified it as Intermediate. They classify most FIRMs as Inter/Advanced.
At the risk of seeming unkind, I don't think Collage's evaluator(s) has much knowledge about or experience with workouts that incorporate a lot of functional fitness.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 01:30 AM
sherry

I don't think it's unkind. I find that sometimes their classification is a bit off from what we tend to think here. I am just dying here waitng for mine. FTGU is my favourite so I'm really excited for this workout! Thank you for the reviews everyone.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 01:44 AM
Just Signed Up

Thanks for the reviews guys. I got my 12-pack in the mail yesterday and did Lean and well, what can I say it is fabulous! Can't wait to do Push Pull. Add me to the list of FTGU fans. One of my all time favs. I am in workout heaven right now. I l am so thrilled and thankful that BBH has "done it again." Hill
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 04:06 AM
Just Signed Up

I haven't received the FitPrime 6pack yet - I didn't order the KickButt because I didn't really want duplicates. I broke down and ordered the KickButt from Barnes & Noble - and did the Push&Pull the other day. I would have to agree with the Collage review - - this is Intermediate. The box says Push & Pull yet Heidi calls it From the Ground Up. I liked the work-out however, it didn't KickButt. I really like working out with Heidi however, found Kimberly especially annoying - - possibly it is because she "bounces" in and out. I've been working out forever - - - loved the original Firms - - was glad when Fit Prime appeared, and glad these are coming out. I'm in my mid-40s but have yet to find any workout that really kicks my butt.
Unread March 23rd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Just Signed Up

I just finished PushPull. I have to admit, I've never been a huge fan of Heidi and wasn't thrilled she was leading so many workouts. I didn't dislike her, just didn't love her. Boy, did she change my mind! She is a natural in front of the camera. She looked totally comfortable and just - natural! Now I'm very happy she is leading so many!

Kimberly did fine with the cardio sections, her knee smashes were more like knee raises but I just added some intensity to them.

I liked the exercises - the leg press segment was fun and different from anything I've ever done. The tall box climb with the shoulder raises was great - I definitely need to work on my shoulders!

I loved the corework at the end and all the stretches. I felt so good afterward.

I'm going to have a hard time doing the rest of the workouts and staying away from this one - it was fun and just the right intensity for me. Loved it!
Unread March 25th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Profiled in the last Firm Mini-Catalog :)

I *just* finished Push/Pull! YUM! I really liked FGU, but this.. (Can I say it?) has something FGU doesn't. It has that special old Firm made new--magic. It's great! I like Kimberly real well, and I've always adored Heidi.

What was SO special was "sharing" the workout w/my "old friends" Carol & Narty! It was coming back home to a little reunion. They both, not suprisingly, looked wonderful!

Thank you, WHFN!!! I have MY Firm back!!!
Unread March 29th, 2005, 03:26 AM
Bubble **** in Progress

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Cant wait to do this one... I am so happy that Heidi is basically leading this again! Heidi is From the Ground Up to me! And Kimberly for the Kickboxing--yeaaaaaaa!

I absolutely agree with April-- The Firm is Back :-)
Unread March 29th, 2005, 04:03 AM
I think we are all sick in a good way ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apryl
I *just* finished Push/Pull! YUM! I really liked FGU, but this.. (Can I say it?) has something FGU doesn't. It has that special old Firm made new--magic. It's great! I like Kimberly real well, and I've always adored Heidi.

What was SO special was "sharing" the workout w/my "old friends" Carol & Narty! It was coming back home to a little reunion. They both, not suprisingly, looked wonderful!

Thank you, WHFN!!! I have MY Firm back!!!
That is exactly how I feel. Now if they would only clock in at 60-65 min I'd be in heaven!
Unread April 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
Just Signed Up

I was thrilled with this workout. Definitely an improvement (intensity wise) from FTGU. I LOVE it !!!!!