Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread April 2nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Do I want to be fit or kick ****?

Talking Re: KickButt Push Pull Reviews

I finally did this w/o!! I've had the retail DVD for over a week already. I really enjoyed it very much. Heidi looked great, and Kimberly looked great. It's too bad that they didn't have the instructors go back into the class as background exercisers like Vol. 4 - I would have liked to see Kimberly do those crouch leg presses! LOL Both of the them were wonderful leads, and I like their coordinating outfits.

I'm not sure why, but the cardio segments felt much easier than FTGU (granted, I haven't done FTGU in a LONG time, so this is based on just impressions). I didn't really mind though b/c my quads were hurting from the presses & lunges. I liked the core work at the end too. It felt like a well-rounded w/o, with both lower and upper body work.

Does it even need to be said that the production is awesome? And Narty looks great in her yellow top - you can recognize her immediately! Heidi is so cute, b/c you get the sense that she wanted to be barefoot again.
Unread April 6th, 2005, 12:42 PM
gitupnmove

Default Re: KickButt Push Pull Reviews

Who knew kickboxing could be so cute! You go Kimberly!

Heidi, what more can I say..(bowing on bended knees with palms flat on ground). Awesome as usual!

This one's a keeper.
Unread April 6th, 2005, 04:18 PM
The music is like ****ah.

I just finished Push Pull and I really, really, really loved it. I wasn't sure I'd like it because I don't like change and I was crazy about FTGU, but this was a nice surprise.

The intensity was just right for me (high intermediate/low advanced) -- like everyone says, I felt worked out not wiped out. Also, my neck and back feel especially good right now (Yoga!).

I have to admit I can see lightening bolts shooting off my glutes right now, but I was already pretty lit up from Crunch Time's phoenix, and Floor Burns floor work.

I'm sooo happy with these workouts! I don't want to do anything else.
Unread April 7th, 2005, 12:55 PM
Just Signed Up

I just did this one today and I loved it. I kept thinking about it all day and I'm eager to do it again. I think it can get even better when I get the moves and form down. Those tall box pushups were brutal for me. There were so many new, original moves that made this workout so much fun. Can't wait to try Steaming tomorrow.

Windy
Unread April 8th, 2005, 04:54 AM
Beagles are just like potato chips! You can't have just one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzupko
I'm in my mid-40s but have yet to find any workout that really kicks my butt.
You're kidding me!? Have you done "Weight's First" using 10LB wieghtS for the lunge segments????
Unread April 8th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Beagles are just like potato chips! You can't have just one!

I REALLY liked this workout!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED the vibrant colors of the workout clothes!! I loved the music and the tempo's! I have not been a huge Heidi fan but she really was great in this production! I will definitly do this workout often. My only complaint was that the floor work was a little boring/routine compared to the high energy of the first 3/4 of the workout.

Anna and crew you have listened to what we want and delivered! THANKYOU!

BTW, Narty looks too darn good!!! She looks better than she did five years ago. I want to know her secrets!
Unread April 9th, 2005, 01:55 AM
Just Signed Up

I guess I'm the odd person out here. I did not care for this video. The actual workout was fine, I just found Heidi's non-stop talking to be very annoying. The one thing I had always loved about the Firm tapes was there was very little talking. I have already given this video to a friend, and I don't care if she gives it back.
Unread April 12th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Getting Started

I have all 12 new dvds and have done all of FitPrime. This one was my first Kickbutt workout and I got to say this is my favorite so far. I loved the kickboxing and the pushups/leg lifts combos. The moves are so creative.
Unread April 20th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Administrator

I have to say, From the Ground Up is one of my all-time favorite workouts, and that's saying A LOT because I have a huge collection. That said, this workout was wonderful, amazing, and perfect.

FTGU will always be absolute perfection to me, but this is pretty darn close (there are just a couple segments/moves that I miss from the first one).

Also, I started out with no shoes on for nostalgia's sake, but I put them on about 15 minutes in because I felt I would get more out of the cardio that way.

Are folks still doing this one barefoot?

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread April 28th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Simpler is better!

I'm not doing it barefoot. Though, I didn't do FTGU barefoot either. My arches won't take the pressure. I love this revised version so much better. Not sure why. Kimberly is absolutely wonderful. Though, I'm waiting for my replacement copy as the sound is all messed up.