Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > General Fitness

Unread July 8th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Administrator

Default 090729 Update: International Copyright Law

To answer your many questions....

As confirmed in July 2009 by Gaiam's lawyer, no International Rights to pre-2001 FIRM workouts have been sold to any country or entity. The current agreement between Fitness Favorites LLC and Gaiam Americas Inc. establishes Fitness Favorites as the only authorized manufacturer and distributor of pre-2001 FIRM DVDs.

In the late 1990's BMG sold ownership of The FIRM brand to Good Times Entertainment Ltd. About 10 years later, Good Times Entertainment, Ltd. sold The FIRM brand and their existing inventory to Gaiam Americas, Inc. Now, only Gaiam owns the copyright to The FIRM brand.

Firm Direct and Collage Video continue to sell remaining inventory of pre-2001 The FIRM titles manufactured by Good Times Entertainment, Ltd. FIRM Direct has stated they are 'out of stock' and have no more inventories of certain titles. Gaiam will no longer manufacture pre-2001 titles of The FIRM.

[SIZE=2][FONT=Tahoma]International Piracy is a terrible plague. I have spent time in Latin America, and

Last edited by AnnaVere; August 31st, 2009 at 08:07 PM.
Unread July 9th, 2009, 04:23 AM
In Training

Default Re: International Copyright Law

Thank you for clarifying this, I always order the dvds from you

Anita
Unread July 17th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Workout Partner

Default Re: International Copyright Law

Anna thanks.
I have been on EBAY and have seen FIRM DVDs being sold from the Philippines and have wondered about their origin. And I have looked at them closely. Most of them all pre-2001 workouts where they are taking two or three workouts that are similiar in emphasis and combining them on one DVD.

I love the fact that you are redistributing these workouts on chaptered DVDs and I am happy to hear that this is a long term project.
Unread September 21st, 2009, 09:06 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: 090729 Update: International Copyright Law

Thank you very much for posting this.

I am new to The FIRM, bought some from Collage Video, then found your site and have just placed my second order through you. I have been buying a few used from eBay and Amazon so I can do a rotation. I did see those listed that you were referring to on eBay. Oh, what a wonderful deal price wise--but I knew better.

If it seems too good to be true, it is. I figured they were bootleg and out of respect to not only you, but every copyright holder, I refrained from purchasing. It's a sad thing that is going on, and even more so that eBay won't stop them.