Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > NEW WORKOUT QUESTIONS

Unread August 24th, 2009, 05:56 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Working Out and HUNGRY!

I started the Firm Classics (the best by far) weight lifting regime with cardio (the old The Firm tapes) two weeks ago and have put on 6lbs. Yup. I'm hungry all the time. It's weird. I tried drinking low calorie protein drinks which takes the edge off for a couple hours, but then it starts up again.

At first I felt leaner, but now I have definitely put on fat. I was thinking maybe because I'm a vegetarian, my body is craving something now and can't seem to get it. The EAS protien drink is 120 calories and about 30 grams of protein. I try to fill up on something else but fruit doesn't seem to be cutting it though.

Any advice?
Unread October 6th, 2009, 05:04 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: Working Out and HUNGRY!

Hi!! Sometimes I find that I'm craving something I really know I shouldn't have - like a Reese's Peanut ****er Cup (or 3!). I've learned to listen to my body well enough to determine the times I should give in to the craving. Sometimes I can do something to get my mind off of it, and then I don't want it so much anymore. But sometimes I can't get my mind off of it and eat everything BUT what I'm craving! So sometimes I just go with it...

One thing that made an absolutely ENORMOUS change was cutting out the alcohol. Loads and loads of wasted calories (plus your body stops metabolizing fat 'til its metabolized the alcohol) and it makes the next workout that much harder! You don't need it. I've lost a lot of weight just by cutting out the wine.

Are you telling yourself that it's okay to eat larger portions/more frequently, etc., because you worked out that day? You probably know that you don't burn a whole lot of calories per workout - it's the cumulative effect you're after. Drink lots of water, eat really healthfully (quinoa is great for vegetarians) and get enough rest. AND STICK WITH THE WORKING OUT!! That's so important. Just do it - make it part of your day. You just have to get on the 'up' side of working out.
Unread October 13th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Working Out and HUNGRY!

I get in those spells where I can't get enough to eat and can't shove it down my mouth fast enough. Those days are okay as well, but lately I have been on this rotesserie chicken wing kick (from Sam's). Sometimes body is cravin' protein...

Tags
gaining weight, hungry