Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread March 12th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Just Signed Up

Smile I'm New and am so glad I found this site!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Kathy. I'm in my early 50's and I currently live in California. I just found this site yesterday. I was so glad! I have just about worn out my Firm Classic volumes 1 - 6 VHS tapes and have been hunting around on the internet trying to find a place to buy DVD versions to replace them.

I did the Firm workouts for YEARS and they are my absolute faves, especially the ones with Susan Harris. I felt so healthy and strong when I did those workouts consistently.

I took a break from working out, really packed on some pounds so have begun a healthier diet and (almost) daily workouts to become healthier starting a week or so ago.

Am starting slowly with light weights and a lower step to begin. I saw the FitPrime works yesterday for the first time and they look like a good fit for a gal my age. If anyone has any recommendations on those, please let me know.

Glad to be here!

Kathy
Unread March 14th, 2010, 06:34 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Default Re: I'm New and am so glad I found this site!

Welcome Kathy, we're glad you found us!

Sounds like you are doing all the right things to get started again.

Have you looked at any video clips? I think this link should help you get some previews to decide which workouts to try: http://www.youtube.com/user/AnnaBensonWorkouts

...if that doesn't work, then I'm sure Annette will chime in.
Unread March 14th, 2010, 06:42 AM
Just Signed Up

Thanks Ginger! Those video clips are a GREAT help in deciding which workouts to try!

Kathy
Unread March 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
Just Signed Up

Hi Kathy, so glad you joined us. I started to type that I'm in my early fifties also, but I'll be 54 this summer, so guess I'm closer to mid-fifties--YIKES!!!

I, too, fell off the fitness wagon and am making my way back, slowly but surely.

I love, love, love, the fitprimes and kickbutts (the 12 set...I'm thinking about getting the original fitprimes even though some are essentially the same workout). My fav FitPrimes are Lean and Pump, fav KickButts are Strong Bear and Fast Cheetah. I love them all, though. They are the perfect blend of weights, cardio, yoga and pilates. I always feel better after I do them; not wiped out. They are also a visual feast. Anna really paid attention to detail. They are beautiful and the music is perfect. I'll go before I gush any further...lol. You'll see what I mean when you watch the youtube clips Ginger linked to.

Shari
Unread March 15th, 2010, 11:16 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive

Every time I have a layoff from exercise I always either start back with the Fitprimes or the newly restored Basics Workout with Weights with Tracie Long. My two personal favorites of the Fitprimes are Lean and Metaboost.
Unread March 16th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Administrator

Hi and welcome! So many great workouts aren't they!

Welcome Kathy! Glad you found us as well. Sorry been out of commission with laptop problems but I am baaack!
Unread March 16th, 2010, 03:54 AM
Administrator

decisions, decisions, decisions! Ez is updating YouTube site with the older (Farm) Fitprimes this week!