Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread November 30th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Where did The Firm go????

I can't believe I stumbled onto this page. I am one of the original Firm believers from the 1980's. You remember, one of the believers who would purchase the video at $50.00 even before it was made.

Well I've felt lost and abandoned especially since the new Firm DVDs have become available. The set is too sparse and the coaches too young to finish what The Firm started which was real exercise for us as we grow older. I confess I felt betrayed by The Firm who seemed to me to only be pursuing a younger subscriber and abandoning the beautiful lush mansion set as old fashioned.

I've never felt the need to use any other exercise system although I fell off the wagon. I'm renewing my commitment to my health and The Firm.

Thanks much, Anna and Cynthia.

Marilyn Graulau
Unread November 30th, 2005, 07:29 AM
donnadonna

Default Re: Where did The Firm go????

Marilyn, you don't say whether or not you've tried the new WHFN workouts yet but as a fellow believer from the '80s, can pretty much assure you that you'll find them exactly what you're looking for ... The Firm, all grown up - like us! You will not be disappointed!!!! (I think this is where I'm supposed to add "IMHO"...)

Have fun!
Unread November 30th, 2005, 08:13 AM
The music is like ****ah.

I agree with Donna. The WHFN KickButts and FitPrimes are the closest you can get to the original Firms. Well, they should be, they are created by the same people who made the Firm what it was: Anna, Cynthia, and Mark.

I have all the original Firms and all the WHFNs. IMHO, the WHFNs are the closest to perfection of any workouts I've ever done. I like them even better than the original Firmsm (which I LOVE), and I never thought I'd say that about any workout video.

Did you watch the clips? These videos are gorgeous to look at; the music is divine; and I personally LOVE the fusion aspect.

Hey, be sure to read this: http://www.whfn.com/press/pr_mousetrap.php

And WELCOME to the board, Marilyn! Please visit the "Fusion Freaks" check-in when you get a chance.
Unread November 30th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Just Signed Up

I was so dissappointed to find out that the Benson's were not involved with the new FIRM videos. I bought so many of the new tapes. I had gotten depressed because I just could not get into their routines. Most of the routines were difficult. It was too many steps to learn, the music was awful on 80 percent of the ones that I have. If I would have known they had sold the company, I would have NEVER bought those tapes/dvds!! I have been doing the old tapes. Are there any suggestions as to which dvd to buy with FitPrime?? I want to start with something simple
Unread December 1st, 2005, 02:47 AM
WHFN Infomercial Star!

I'd go for Crunch Time or PushPull -- I think you'll like both of them
Unread December 1st, 2005, 05:33 AM
Just Signed Up

Wink Re: Where did The Firm go????

Hello, everyone and thanks for the replies.

First, let me introduce myself. My name is Marilyn, I live in the Bronx, New York. I'm 52 years and love reading, music everything from the Beatles to salsa to hip-hop but especially jazz (anyone hear of Antonio Carlos Jobim?).

I am not married (sigh) but like my freedom mostly from mandatory housework. I enjoy reading (Bronte and Jane Austen and such), movies, knitting, dance, horses, miniatures and at the moment am having fun decorating my new apartment (which is not at all luxe) in retro/contemporary so I'm sewing slipcovers and pillows, etc. Oh, and I'm getting a new cat next week.

So, The Firm was the only physical workout that kept me motivated but I've dropped out and am now overweight. Knowing that The Firm workouts - those in the style to which I became accustomed to - has me very excited. My favorite of the "old" tapes was Volume 6, and the Variety crosstrainers especially the one with Heidi Tanner. At his stage I need something that is less stressful on my knees.

Now I find out that the Bensons are no longer involved with the new workouts??!! I still feel that even the newer Firm videos for a newer crowd are still the best workouts on the market but I want to see women like me on my workout tapes. I was feeling as though my loyalty to The Firm hadn't been appreciated and now I know that wasn't the case.

Anyway, thanks again, Marilyn
Unread December 1st, 2005, 07:27 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Hi Marilyn,

Welcome! I'm glad you found us. I think you'll like it here and if you haven't seen the video clips yet, here is the link:

http://www.whfn.com/videos.php

Toyota2005, they will help you make your decision too. (...or they may help make you want them all. )
Unread December 2nd, 2005, 03:24 AM
Just Signed Up

Hi Marilyn,
I also just happened across WHFN. I too used to buy the old FIRM videos as soon as they were released. Just this past spring I bought the Firm Body Sculpting System with the adjustable platform. Now, I'm almost 61 and found the steps too complicating for me to keep up at that pace. It took me a month to master just one of the DVD's and I'm still working on a second one. Anyway, I was completely disgusted. I still have my old Firm videos and have went back to using them. The FitPrime series sounds like it was made for me. I just ordered the MetaBoost and Flex Posture (cross training pack) this morning. I'm sure I won't be disappointed. Wish I'd found WHFN before I shelled out that money for The Firm BSS. Wish me luck. Hope it arrives in time for my birthday.
Unread December 2nd, 2005, 03:58 AM
The music is like ****ah.

Quote:
I just ordered the MetaBoost and Flex Posture (cross training pack) this morning. I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
I agree! You won't be disappointed! These are wonderful, easy to follow workouts. They move a lot slower than the Firm. As easy as they are, they are VERY effective. You'll see! Welcome to the world of working out smarter not harder. It sure has paid off for me at the age of 58.

Please come back and report how you like them.
Unread December 2nd, 2005, 04:36 AM
Administrator & time optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookwormbiker
...I also just happened across WHFN....Hope it arrives in time for my birthday.
Welcome! We're glad you found us and hope you have a great birthday.