Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Ask Workout Questions

Unread March 21st, 2006, 11:57 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Chest work change bra size??

I really should already know the answer to this question, but sadly... I'm not so sure.

For some reason I pulled out the "fat day" bras I'd stored from 20# ago. I tried one on for grins this evening and found the cup fit fairly well. When I'd stored them 2 years ago, the demi gapped. I am wondering if the upper body work has plumped my pects and increased my cup size (it's really modest 36A to 36B, but still!).

Getting measured at Victoria's Secret (or elsewhere) is no good. They always try to stick me in a 34B or 34C. I suppose the gist of the question is this... stick with what I've been wearing (36A) or pull out the others (36B) and pretend like I have new bras?

Thanks for any argument either way. Brande
Unread March 22nd, 2006, 02:49 PM
Getting Started

Default Re: Chest work change bra size??

Oh yes definitely. Pull out the others. My cup size is the same size it was before I lost the weight. That's a plus of adding in weight training to my upper body. Keep up the good work.
Unread March 22nd, 2006, 04:00 PM
Just Signed Up

Thank you for the reply. I went and actually got measured today. Turns out I really am a 34B... No problem, right? Wrong... Been wearing the wrong size literally for YEARS. So... being rich (not) I just bought the right size.
Workouts will continue regardless. I had the opportunity at work to check my resting pulse. It is down to 67 beats per min. Woo-hoo! So I think I can forgive the bra thing.
Unread March 23rd, 2006, 04:38 AM
Getting Started

Good for you. Like that attitude.
Geneva
Unread April 20th, 2006, 04:02 AM
Just Signed Up

Hmm, I have the opposite problem--I've lost about 8 lbs. since last summer, and my chest is definitely smaller! My 36B bras still fit, but not quite as well (I don't think there's enough difference to drop down to 36A though). I do quite a bit of upper body work, but should I be doing something else? I know I can't increase my cup size, but is there any way I can return to a more full appearance?
Unread April 21st, 2006, 07:10 AM
Getting Started

Toaster, How heavy are you doing your chest work? Definitely increase the weights if you haven't already. Doing this is what has helped my chest size.
Unread May 2nd, 2006, 10:06 AM
Getting Started

Hey guys, good news. My husband and I noticed my cup size change. He was asking what I was doing. I just said nothing. My breast look one size fuller from increasing my dumbell press from 20 pound dumbells to 30. Love it.
Unread May 2nd, 2006, 10:49 AM
Just Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by genevar
Hey guys, good news. My husband and I noticed my cup size change. He was asking what I was doing. I just said nothing. My breast look one size fuller from increasing my dumbell press from 20 pound dumbells to 30. Love it.
That's great news! Are you talking about basic chest presses in a reclined position? If so, I'm adding in more of these!!!
Unread May 2nd, 2006, 01:45 PM
Administrator

I am already heavy chested, but I have noticed the decrease underneath the bra area. I have gone down from a 38, 36 D to a 34 D. I think I am between a 34D and 34DD depending on that Tom (that time of the month). I think not only chest presses but push ups whether on your knees or feet, also adds. But in a sense a good way.
Annette
Unread May 2nd, 2006, 06:54 PM
Getting Started

Toaster, no just flat bench press.