Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > General Health

Unread July 11th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: Future Fitness Favorites Workouts

Hi Anna!

This is great news! I can't wait for new workouts from you. I know that in your prevous posts, you mentioned using the BodyWedge. I hope you can make at least 1 workout that includes the BodyWedge - it sounds like a fun, effective piece of equipment! I, too, love the 14" step, the Medicine Ball and your former FitPrime/WHFN workouts. Whatever you make, I will purchase! Looking forward to it!

A fan forever -

Chris
Unread July 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Rebounder Extraordinaire!

Quote:
*The designs will be based on the original concepts (weights + cardio) of the early Firm workouts, with the addition of more modern inclusions.
* Some of the workouts will be specialized for different markets, but most will be hard-core, sweat-a-bunch sessions.

I just get more excited by the minute! I just posted on the other thread that I would like to have an update.....it was already here! Anna, I can not wait to get these! They sound AWESOME!!!!!
Unread July 14th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Just Signed Up

Smile Re: Future Fitness Favorites Workouts

So glad to hear about these workouts. So glad also not to have to purchase any other equipment right now. Even happier about the "enhanced Firm Classic" format. Nothing works for me like the original Firm Classic format. The minute you say these are ready, my card will be ready!!!!!

Good news.
Unread July 14th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Just Signed Up

Wink Re: Future Fitness Favorites Workouts

Hum, I probably should not write this but I would not be true to myself if I did not. So here goes:
I do not like the voice over idea at all and maybe that is not an option any more. Was not clear on that. Anna does such incredible work preparing her trainers that I would miss that aspect with the voice over concept. Some of my favorite instructiors (all of which Anna mentored) have moved on and I realize that life changes so I must also adjust to that. I would love to see you use Janey Poteet, Kai, Kelsi, Heide, even Lorraine Chabut (she is so athletic looking to me). I'd rather not see Keli again -- she is a great instructor but to me she just doesn't have that Anna Bensen thing about her that is so trademark Anna. I love that trade mark. I am 50 now and feel like I grew up with that trade mark. I would rather not see Melissa Grill again . I like that workout (lower body) but I find myself not doing it because of her. I would love to see Tamela again though. She is fun and athletic. It would be a real treat to see Nancy (can't remember her last name -- but one of the original Firm trainers - heavy southern accent. She is a great instructor and so traditional Anna to me -- that is a great compliment. I would not rather see the one that led GForce II. I did not connect with her for some reason. Of course the ones I would really die to see working with Anna are the ones that have moved on and made a place for themselves in the world of fitness. I love their present work as well ,but I really miss the Firm Classic format. I'm glad the world of fitness is large enough for both styles. What a lucky bunch of home exercisers we are!!! Well, I've sounded off enough. If I've offended someone, sorry did not mean to but I would really love to see some of these "very seasoned Hands"(i.e. Heide, Nancy, Jany, Tamela, et.al.) leading us again through Anna's awesome creative work. Hey, and even though I am a guy, I have at least one copy of all of Anna's work starting with Vol 1-- I think that is why I am healthier , more tone, and stronger than most of my 40 plus year old male friends.
Thanks,
Allen
Unread July 15th, 2007, 04:11 AM
Just Signed Up

I will buy anything you make, and I would love to see Dale Brabham as a lead!
Unread July 15th, 2007, 09:44 AM
Getting Started

Quote:
Originally Posted by snora
Anna,
So Excited!
I swear other workout creators are simply "music challenged". You are the one and only that combines movement with music in an elegant and motivating fashion.
I am glad that you will continue to include some yoga.
Susan
Exactly. This is wonderful news.

RuthNYC
Unread July 17th, 2007, 03:14 AM
Simpler is better!

I'm also excited to see what Anna comes up with this round. I would like clarity on the statement of:
Quote:
6) Packaging will be streamlined, in order to keep the price as low as possible.

Does this mean no chaptering, scene selection, etc.?
Unread July 17th, 2007, 02:40 PM
Working Out

I hope not Tina; I was thinking no pretty picture on the case sort of like the Prime Power and Ballroom workouts were in plain white boxes. But that is a good question.
Unread July 18th, 2007, 06:36 PM
Administrator & time optimist

I was thinking plain white boxes too. I am also hoping for chaptering etc.
Unread July 19th, 2007, 11:29 AM
Simpler is better!

I am very excited about the idea of new footage. I just did Metaboost for the ***** time since last Fall, (due to neck/shoulder injury), and I must say, I miss everything about how Anna puts together a workout.

Right when you think you've seen it all, something new emerges. I like the idea of these being challenging/advanced, etc., but one question is: Will you have modifiers showing a easier version for those who may not be at an advanced level? I know I will have to start out slow and careful due to my neck. (no jumping, plyo, etc). Visually being able to see someone else modifying can be very encouraging and helpful.

I know I could probably figure it out myself after so many years of working out, but seeing it on screne is the best!