Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > HEALTH, FITNESS and WELLNESS > General Health

Unread February 11th, 2010, 04:45 AM
Getting Started

Default Re: Menopause

I am post-menopausal and did gain some weight and then was able to take it off and, for the most part, keep it off. Watch what you eat, take out white carbs (like white bread, white rice) and trade for whole-grain breads and pastas and brown rice. Als, and I can't stress this enought, up your cardios. If you're only doing one a week, accelerate to two or three. I added Christi Taylor's Fit To Dance and a couple of her others, just added Sharon Twombly. Keep moving, cut back on sweets and do everything natural (herbal, homeopathic, eating yams) to deal with mood swings and hot flashes that you possibly can. If any doctor tells you that you have to go on HRT to get through this time, DO NOT LISTEN!!! It will come back to bite you in the as* someday.
Unread February 12th, 2010, 01:53 AM
Administrator

Great advice! I have tried Lydia's pills for women, which has black cohash in them.

Sidebar: We were discussing Michelle's O. plan for childhood obesity while Dave was eating Oreos and milk......
Unread February 12th, 2010, 01:54 AM
Just Signed Up

Men are such funny creatures.
Unread March 2nd, 2010, 07:14 AM
In Training

Send a message via AIM to peggylive

Please, let's keep this discussion going. I will be 52 next month and while my periods have still been regular, I'm sure I'll be starting menopause before too long myself. I'm also dealing with the challenges of raising a 7 year old son plus taking care of my 85 year old mom who has moderate Alzheimers. Some days the stress is overwhelming!!
Thank God for my workouts!!
Unread March 5th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Peggy many cyber hugs, prayers and good vibes! The biggest problem with my menopause is not sleeping. I was reading about Vitaman D and best to take it at night, so I have tried that and makes a world of difference.

Yes I totally agree, thank goodness for working out! I can zone and it is my time!