Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread January 27th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Workout Partner

Default Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Hi! My name is Harper, I'm 38, and have been working out to B/B/H videos since the early 90s. I live in the south, on a lake, and DH and I have a four-legged child, a yellow lab, who thinks she's human. I enjoy fitness, reading, writing, outdoor activites, and am trying my hand at painting lately.

So how 'bout you? What's up in your corner of the world?

"Your commitments can develop you or destroy you, but either way, they define you." -- Rick Warren
Unread January 28th, 2005, 05:08 AM
Just Signed Up

Smile Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Hi Harper!!!

It's sooooo good to see this forum up and running! I'm very excited about this new venture. I miss the "old" Firm terribly and am disgusted about what GT has done to it.

I really like the looks of the new FitPrime/Kickbutt series, and my cc is going to get a workout today.

For those who don't know me, I frequent the YaYa boards, Videofitness (mostly lurk), and once in awhile Cathe.com. I have more videos than I can count (as Harper well knows!), and I live with my DH and kittycat in NE Ohio. I love to travel, read, watch movies, walk, bike, horseback ride, and do my videos! My favorites of all time are the Classic Firms!

I'm looking forward to what's to come!
Jez
Unread January 28th, 2005, 07:34 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

hello!

I was happy to get the Email about this forum as I have been out of the loop for a while. Years ago I logged in frequently to the old Firm forum but sort of stopped my workouts for a while, got too busy at work, you know how it goes. I recognize some of the same names from back then - I admire those of you who stick with it consistantly. Hopefully that's what I'll do - figured I'd log in and get some motivation from everyone here!

I'm from central Ohio, married to my hubby for 26 years, have two sons - one married and on his own, and the other is almost 20. So I feel like I have more time for me again!
Unread January 28th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Workout Partner

Welcome, Darli! Glad to see you here. Join our 2005 checkin if you'd like to! I find myself doing the same thing -- consistent for a while, life events get in the way, back to consistent...

Hi, Jezz! Glad to see you here! You know someday you're gonna have to count those videos for me...

"Your commitments can develop you or destroy you, but either way, they define you." -- Rick Warren
Unread January 28th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Darn Jelly Beans!!! :)

Hi Harper, Jez and Darli,

[font=Times New Roman][size=3]I feel like I know you ladies just from being around the boards since 2002
Unread January 28th, 2005, 10:45 AM
I want to go back to the islands...................

I don't post often here.

I'm 48 and live in Washington state.

I've been married for almost 26 years and have two children, a son who will be 23 this year, and a daughter who will be 21 this year.

Kepi means Debbie in hawaiian.
Unread January 28th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Hi there! It's good to see lots of familiar names.

I'm Jennifer, and I've been a FitPrime fan since before there was even a forum, and a Firm fan since I was 14 years old! I am just finishing up my Ph.D., and I am enjoying my first job in my field as a psychologist working with children. Most days I can't believe I get paid to do what I do because, although it can be stressful (what job isn't?), it comes so naturally for me and is so rewarding.

I am the proud Mommy to two kitties, and possibly a puppy in the near future.

I used to post under "FirmHeels" on almost all the boards (I've had the name for almost five years now when everyone was "Firm...something"), but I'm just plain Tarheels, which is the mascot for my undergrad alma mater, UNC. Go Heels!

Welcome to everyone, and I look forward to this upcoming venture and fitness and friends.

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread January 28th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Just Signed Up

Hello,

I'm a 44 yo F from WA state. I thought I'd try a new screen name for change of pace (maybe someone will recognize me?...eventually). I'm a 2.5 yr vidiot but it feels like 30 yrs sometimes.

Why is the dot after my name green while others' is black? Hmmm....
Unread January 28th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44yoCurmudgeon
Hello,

I'm a 44 yo F from WA state. I thought I'd try a new screen name for change of pace (maybe someone will recognize me?...eventually). I'm a 2.5 yr vidiot but it feels like 30 yrs sometimes.

Why is the dot after my name green while others' is black? Hmmm....
Your dot is green because you are online/logged in on the forums right now.

"Fitness is a journey, not a destination."
Unread January 28th, 2005, 03:51 PM
Just Signed Up

I am susan p at VF and the YaYas, like anybody hasn't figured that out already! LOL!

41 year old homeschooling mother of three daughters (ages 7, 9, and 13), currently supervising a sleepover and trying to resist the Ghiradelli brownies the girls just made. . . chewing mint gum frantically. . .

I've been working out on and off since 1985 when as a newlywed I did Gilad's Bodies in Motion TV show in an itty bitty Married Student Housing apartment. I've been fairly regular since 1998 when I discovered home videos and VF.

I've been paring back recently because I am getting achey and sore when I work out too much too hard. I'm finding my cardio endurance is as good as it was when I was younger, but when it comes to strength I need to move JUST A BIT SLOWER to avoid injury, and whether I'm doing cardio or strength I need to warm up more thoroughly and stretch more thoroughly. Those are my concessions to my agedness. I'm happily intermediate in fitness level.

I have a friend who is trying to convince me to join her bellydance troupe. . . that might be my next little fitness adventure, who knows?