Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread November 13th, 2005, 04:26 PM
Getting Started

Default Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Hi! I've been lurking because I haven't had the time to really get into the forum. But....I just want to say, welcome back! I've done the same thing myself! I've been Firming since 1986!! But I let myself go... I'm one of the "oldies" from the former website. I have to tell you though, I started back at the end of June and lost at least 20 lbs. and am still going strong! I started out as a size 18 and just bought a new pair of jeans yesterday in a size ten!. I would like to lose 15 more lbs and then I'll be back where I used to be. I find it's getting into the habit and once I do, I can keep with it. I sure feel alot better....
Unread November 14th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Just Signed Up

Leeanng,

I know what you mean about getting into the habit. That's what I'm working towards now. Great for you losing 20 lbs!!!; and for getting into a size 10!! My 10s are too tight, I'm in a 12 now. I'm suppossed to be into an 8.

What FIRM video would you recommend to me whereas I will see results immediately (one that's not too long)?? Years ago, an attorney I had worked for bought me the FIRMS's not so tough aerobics. The lbs melted away......Unfortunately, I was tired of it and I sold it on Amazon.com
It was short, sweet, and very effective
Unread November 14th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Just Signed Up

Hello!

Most of you are my daughter's age but I thought I would join in on the "conversation" in spite of it or because of it. :-)
Back in the '80's when my children were young and it was popular to do so, I went to "aerobic classes". It wasn't always easy to fit it in my schedule but I went whenever I could. My husband got ill and I became the primary caregiver which took up a lot of my time along with my part time job. I used an exercise bike but it was boring even if I read or listened to music.
In 1989, shortly after my (then) husband died, I rented an exercise video to use at home. It was "The Firm, Volume 2". I was hooked instantly and the next day I went out and ordered the tape, some weights and "Volume 3". My son was in high school at that time and his then girlfriend found out how much I was into the two tapes and gave me her copy of "Volume 1" that she didn't use anymore.
I was then working full time but would get up every morning and do one of the routines before going to work. I continued to order every "Firm" video that came out. Some were a little "slower" than I liked but I just did those on my "slow' days.
A few years ago I realized that I was not enjoying any of the new "Firm" tapes. Kept going back to the originals. Too much "hollywood" in the new ones for me.
Last week as I was working out to #2 and totally enjoying it (I now have about 25 Firm tapes) I realized that one element missing from the newer tapes was "Anna Benson" in the credits. As soon as I finished I went to "google" and search her name. Low and behold I found "Fit Firm"! I ordered 12 tapes immediately and they arrive two days ago. I have worked out with two of them so far and I have to tell you it's like seeing my old friends again after a long time.
So, after 16 years of exercising with "The Firm" , I have to say that Anna Benson's style really works for me best.
I celebrated my 60th birthday this year and with my (now) husband, I climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro in September. Living in the Pacific Northwest the weather didn't leave much good weather to train for the climb so I did extra on my "Firm" tapes. ALthough I did not summit because I don't like hiking in the dark, I reached the 15,500' base camp with absolutely no problems and kept up with the group of 20, 30, 40 and 50 year olds.
Although I am sure there are signs of my 60 years in my skin, body, etc , I sure don't feel like I thought I would at this age and I truly believe it's because of my workouts.
I encourage you to continue your efforts because they do pay off. "knock on wood" but I don't get sick very often. I have lots of energy, and although my body has changed over the years due to gravity, I am still wearing a size 8. And, I started when I was your age or before.
Way too many words and introduction but I got on a roll and couldn't stop. I'm just really excited about these new tapes and wanted to share.
Thanks for listening.
Rita
Unread November 14th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Survivor Pool? Are you kidding? I'm IN!

Rita - Welcome!
Your story was so inspiring. I turn 50 this winter and you give me much hope for my next decade. Mt. Kilimanjaro - how exciting!
I hope you enjoy the WHFN workouts as much as many of us do. They have the same superior production quality as Anna's older workouts. Most of them are equally as intense if you "heavy up", but have the added benefits of being gentler on the joints and lots of stretching.
Susan
Unread November 14th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Getting Started

Tihs one is for Toyota 2005. Lately, I've been doing the newest Fitprime and Firm workouts. I have all the old ones that got me into great shape in the past, but like you, I had done them for so many years, I got a little bored with them. Even though I stopped working out, I still kept buying the latest and greatest Fitprimes, Firms, and Cathe Freidriech DVD's. So when I started back again, everything is new! I got to the point I'm familiar with the newest Fitprimes so the older ones are new to me that I've been doing lately. Then I'm doing the same with the recent Firm ones. I haven't started on the Cathe ones yet, but they give me something to work toward. I think figuring out a new workout is what keeps my interest. I got the G-Force with using the rebounder a couple of years ago and for the next couple of weeks, I'm focusing on rebounding. I have some J.B. Burns DVD's that use the rebounder and so I alternate his DVD's with the G-Force. Anyway, if I mix it up, it stays fun and motivating for me....
Unread November 15th, 2005, 04:32 AM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

Rita - Welcome - what an inspiring post!
Unread November 15th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Just Signed Up

Thumbs up Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Rita,

I am so proud of you!! I too believe that your testimony is very inspiring. I'm so overwhelmed with everything you've written that I don't know what to say

You were 3 years younger than I am now when you started the FIRM. It's possible for me to get back into my size 8. I'm speechless. Your post means a lot to me. It's possible that I can wear a size 8 instead of 18 when I'm 60.

Thank you so much for sharing your story!!! You have climbed a real mountain and I'm struggling to climb an imaginary one
Unread November 15th, 2005, 01:06 PM
Just Signed Up

Leeanng,

I am going to buy a Fit Prime dvd or video. I've viewed segments of them on the website. I like them all. I'm not ready for kickbutt yet

Which one do you recommend that I try first?? Also, how many days of the week do you do the FIRM/Fit Prime??