Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread January 28th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Hi, everyone! I'm Susan's stalker.

Harper hasn't been around much on the other boards I frequent, so I figured she'd be here.

I've been around the boards for awhile now, and so I know a lot of you guys. I'm 47, do not have weight issues, but am very frustrated by knee and hip problems that are really cramping my style. I have an autoimmune disease that can cause joint pain, so I'm scheduled to see my rheumatologist soon.

I work 30% time for the University of Wisconsin Medical School Department of Pediatrics. It's not a very exciting job, but the hours are flexible and I have a sane boss for the first time since 1990.

Little known fact: I'm a flaming liberal who loves to rabble rouse.

http://www.homestarrunner.com/fhqwhgads.html
Unread January 28th, 2005, 04:46 PM
In Training

Hi, I'm Anita

I live in Missouri. I'm 43 (almost 44) have been married almost 18 years and have one son who is 7. I first discovered the Firm in 1987, although I have been far from consistent, I am starting from scratch again!! My biggest problem is starting out slowly I always overdo it. Oh well live and learn (now that I'm older my body won't let me overdo too much) LOL

Thank you Harper for these threads.

Anita
Unread January 28th, 2005, 04:50 PM
Just Signed Up

I've been off fitness sites since my beloved mumsters went down. But was so thrilled to get the email and see Anna back in biz--dare I hope Mark's involved?

Anyway, I haven't really been around the board yet--just signed up last night and plan to get the vids asap. Just in time really...I turned 39 this week and I'm battling the SPREAD. I've been firming and now fitpriming for 17 years, but I returned to teaching this year after staying home with babies and I am really struggling with getting my workouts in and this is just the motivation I need! My schedule is insane so it takes a lot of will power to come home and workout, but new videos, spring clothes and this site might be able save me from elastic waist bands.
Unread January 29th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Just Signed Up

Wink Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Hi!

I'm Jude. I'm a big fan of BBH firms, and discovered them about 3 years ago, and haven't looked back since! I also love my fitprimes, and anxiously await the new ones!
Unread January 29th, 2005, 05:30 AM
Just Signed Up

Hi, my name is Rhondalyn and I live in central KY. I'm a 46 yo wife and mother of three. I'm a RN but haven't worked for about 3 years. I started with the Firms in the 80's and was in the best shape of my life then. Unfortunately, things have changed. I have recently committed to seriously take off this extra weight. Like Susan, I am happily intermediate in my fitness level. OH, and I am a sugar addict.

Rhondalyn
Unread January 29th, 2005, 05:35 AM
My glasses are a bit to pricey to risk getting them broken.

Hi! Another Southerner (East Tennessee) checking in. I'm 57 and bought my first Firm in 1986 for $50. I really couldn't afford it, but I'm glad I bought it. I've exercised consistently for over 25 years, although not always using videos. I don't have weight issues, but of course that doesn't mean I don't need to exercise. I'm a big fan of AWT, so ordering all 12 WHFN releases was a no-brainer for me, even before I saw the workout/infomercial clips.

In real life, I'm an editor. Strangely enough, one of my favorite off-hours pastimes is reading, although my pleasure reading is quite different from my job-related reading. I'm also a die-hard Chicago Cubs fan. Spring training is just around the corner!
Unread January 29th, 2005, 05:45 AM
Just Signed Up

Hi! I'm Tammy from WA state. I'm a sahhm (stay at home homeschooling mom). I love to exercise!!!!!!!

Remembering with fondness the FitPrime "angel" deal and how far Anna has come!!

Unread January 29th, 2005, 01:49 PM
Oh well--PATIENCE!!

Wink Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Hello, My name is Allie. I am 40 years old, soon to be 41 next month. I am married, for 13 years and I have 2 girls ages 9 and 11. I am from NYC. I have been doing the Firm workouts on and off for the past few years. But I know that when I workout to the Firm on a regular basis I was in the best shape of my life. I am really looking forward to getting the new tapes that are coming out and I am anxious to start the rotation that goes with them. I am trying to post more often on this site. And I hope to get to know you guys better.
Unread January 29th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Dark chocolate IS good for you!

Lori in ND here. I am married and have 4 children,14 y/o DD, 13 y/o DSS, 4 y/o DS, and 10 m/o DD. I have been Firming since 1996. I bought volume 1 for myself for my birthday and was hooked. I have worked out regularly since then, except during the 2 pregnancies during those years. I am really excited about the new workouts from WHFN.
Unread January 30th, 2005, 06:03 AM
Just Signed Up

Hi! I'm Liz and live in Maryland. I started using the Firm back in 1987 and did it religiously for YEARS! I was a stay at home mom and had the time to do it. After returning to the work force I found that my time for exercise was slowly decreasing until I realized (about a year ago) I had virtually stopped working out at all. =[ I'd try and to back to my old workouts only to feel defeated because I couldn't workout anywhere near where I had once been. So tried the 'new' Firm - but didn't like it much. I got out volume 1 yesterday, forgave myself, and told myself to do the best I could. I felt so great, and it was wonderful to be back to the REAL Firm. I decided to google Susan Harris to see if she'd done anything, that's when I found Fitprime. I'm so happy! The is the original FIRM!! I can tell by the nutritional advice, sound science and comprehensive program. Am I ever happy!! Almost as happy as when I was privileged enough to work out at the Firm studios with Susan for an entire week while on vacation. She kicked my butt!!

Great to meet you all - I hope this is a new beginning for me!!
Liz