Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > WORLD POV > New Member Snaphots

Unread January 30th, 2005, 06:36 PM
Just Signed Up

Cool Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

My name is Krista. I am the mother of 7 children. I gave birth to four of them and three came with my marriage. Five boys, two girls ranging from 19 mths. to 9 years. I am almost 30 years old, 5ft. 7 1/2, and 125 pounds. I weigh 30 lbs. less now than I did in high school. Thanks to Firm and FitPrime.

In 1999, I was searching for challenging workouts that wouldn't "waste my time". I had tried a ton of different videos, but none of them seemed to really work. I was fortunate enough to be searching for some good tapes at Media Play, when another customer came up to me and said, "I wouldn't waste your time on any other videos, I would buy The Firm". I took her advice and now have been doing The Firm for 6 years and FitPrime now for approx. 2 years. I love the older Firms, but don't care for the new ones. FitPrime is really challenging. If you think you don't have time to exericise, try coming to my jungle. You can't give away what you don't have-Keep your body healthy.

~Happiness is the JOURNEY not the DESTINATION~

Last edited by KristaCarter; January 31st, 2005 at 07:25 AM.
Unread January 30th, 2005, 06:53 PM
counting down to grad school!

Send a message via AIM to Jessica
Talking Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

My name is Jessica, and I used to be known as FitPrime's B!tch.

I just turned 22 and I am almost done with my degree (a BS in Social Science) and I am waiting to hear from graduate schools. I want to teach elementary school.

I have been working out to Firm workouts off and on since I was 13. I reaffirmed my commitment to fitness when I was 19 and cried because I could not finish the "Boomers" workout (Vol. 6). I have been Firming and Fitpriming (?) stealthily since that sad June day in 2002.

I have three Basset Hounds (ages 4, 5, 7) and I currently live at home, but I just moved back for the third time in four years. (Move out, run out of money, move home, save money, move out, run out of money, move home...)

Jessica

Why can I have a picture on my profile page but not as my avatar? Harper?

P.S. If I ever grow up, I have to decide whether or not to be a Bond girl or rockstar
Unread January 31st, 2005, 05:44 AM
Just Signed Up

Default Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristaCarter
My name is Krista. I am the mother of 7 children.
Just saying Hi from one mom of 7 to another. Mine are all boys and all with the same hubby. I just had to say hi.

Unread January 31st, 2005, 08:39 AM
Getting Started

Talking Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Is this the new Fitprime forum? I'm Lee Ann and have been lurking around on the other forum. I can't wait to get the new Fitprimes. They look like fun! I like to workout, (I'm out of shape but working on it) I love to ride my horses! I have a Dutch Warnblood and a thoroughbred. I am a teacher and I love to work with my kids. I have 3 grown children, and one beautiful grandchild! We also have parrots. Two cockatoos, 1 green wing macaw, 1 african grey and 2 budgies. One that flew in our yard about 4 years ago and never left. I live in Spokane WA. Anyone else from Washington out there?
Unread January 31st, 2005, 10:28 AM
Just Signed Up

Smile Re: Hi! How the heck are you? Introduce yourself!

Hi all. I'm Gail and have been doing the firm since the originals. I'm 54, married to DH for 18 years, one step-daughter. I haven't been around any of the boards lately, but when I got Anna's email I had to come back. I ordered all 12. I have over 100 exercise videos/dvds but stopped buying any new ones because I always went back to the original Firms. These new "Original" firms are just what I've been trying to find all these years. I don't post much, but do recognize a few of you guys.

It feels good to be back home.
Unread January 31st, 2005, 11:34 AM
Just Signed Up

Hi, I'm Kelly! It's great to hear about other moms who are into fitness. I have a boy and three girls, ages 8 to 15 months. I work out all the time, but need to get my sweet tooth under control! I'm excited about the new videos. I love all the original firm, and the new firm. Wasn't wild about the old FitPrime. Don't get me wrong, the music and moves are great, but it was a little boring with only the instructor, no class. Anybody agree with me here? By the way, what happened to Tracie Long? She is my favorite instructor. Looking forward to hearing from more of you! - Kelly
Unread January 31st, 2005, 02:18 PM
Just Signed Up

Hi everyone, my name is Karen. I'm married 39, three kids 10,7, 3. I currently alternate between running, Cathe and the Firm. I Firm on my light days. I'm looking to change my workout up a bit. I love running and Cathe, but they are a little though on the body. I really want to continue to work out 5-6 days a week. My knees aren't too crazy about the new Firm box. I never had problems with them until I started using the incline for aerobics. I think these workouts will be ideal. I'm pretty sure we don't need to kill overselves with every workout we do. I'm happy with my weight and muscle tone. I've just had some injuries in the last three months that I'm not too happy about.
Unread January 31st, 2005, 08:25 PM
Just Signed Up

I'm Susan just turned 46. I have been a lurker on the old Fitprime forum since day one. I have every Firm workout (classic and new). I 'm really looking forward to the new workouts. I have the Fitprimes on VHS but really want these on DVD. The previews look fantastic. Can't wait!!!

Susan
Unread January 31st, 2005, 08:33 PM
Workout Partner

It is so great to hear from all of you. Thanks so much for introducing yourselves, and look forward to learning more about you all!

"Your commitments can develop you or destroy you, but either way, they define you." -- Rick Warren
Unread February 1st, 2005, 04:27 AM
Just Signed Up

Hi, I'm Sage. I'm 29 and I look & feel better than I did at 19!

I've been Firming for 5 years and initially lost 45 lbs. with Volumes 1 & 2. I was featured on the first Goodtimes Firm infomercial and recently earned my personal trainer certification.

I'm looking forward to the new FitPrimes because they remind me of the Firm Classics, hopefully they'll be just as effective! My collection had been lacking the "good stuff" since Goodtimes took over The Firm.

I've recruited quite a few new Firmies in the past 5 years and if the new FitPrimes are as good as I'm expecting, I look forward to converting my Firmies to FitPrime