Fitness Favorites Forums  

Go Back   Fitness Favorites Forums > EXERCISE > Workout Reviews & Rotations

Unread August 1st, 2005, 08:07 AM
Getting Started

Default Re: FitPrime Lean Reviews

I've got to say that I agree with you about Tamela. She looked like she was ready to throw off her clothes any moment. I couldn't stand all that sashaying and ***** queen pouting but she did a good job in Flex Posture. Lots of folks like her, though.
Unread August 1st, 2005, 03:42 PM
Getting Started

I've been reading these reviews and I am struck by how the same workout, or even the same instructor, can evoke such a wide range of emotions in people .

Overall, I love Lean. I find Keli's instruction clear and her demeanor seems very down to earth. The workout itself always leaves me feeling energized and with some pleasant DOMS the next day.
And I for one am not turned off in the least by Tamela. I really like her. IMHO, she looks great, seems genuinely enthused about the workout, and certainly has good form. I guess I don't interpret her movements as "preening," but instead as just having a good time with the workout in her own way. I actually find that very motivating.

Please understand, I'm not trying to belittle anyone else's opinion or reaction to the workout, just adding my $.02.
Unread August 1st, 2005, 05:04 PM
Just Signed Up

I love Tamela. I think her instruction is superb.I find her knowledgable,and I trust her instruction because in my opinion,she reeks confidence in what she does. I think she is trying to project a feeling to us all.Some will like,some won;t.I sometimes wonder to those who find her expressions,and or body language a turn off is to think about how you would look like working out.What the heck is your face doing,how is your body language,what the heck do you think your projecting.I bet it would be a hoot to see what we all would look like working out. I don't like the negative remarks about such a wonderful teacher.
Unread August 2nd, 2005, 02:08 AM
My Booty is Hurtin!

Everyone is different and I think its really okay to agree to disagree on some things in ANY video. Even Cathe has her critics from time to time!! An instructor's style may not be for everyone and having both positive and negative comments help others decide what videos are right for them. When you put yourself out there as an instructor, you have to be willing to take the good with the bad and go on. Overall, I think WHFN did an excellent job in choosing instructors for these videos, but I can also see why some workouts may be a turn off for some folks.
Unread August 23rd, 2005, 02:34 AM
Bubble **** in Progress

Just here to swallow my pride and say this video--which I really did not like-- has become one of my faves. I take kickboxing 2-3 x a week and do a fusion (yoga and pilates class) twice a week.

Many times I am just too sore for my beloved FitPrimes... Lean has slowly become a regular in my rotation. It works me, yet is so gentle. I knew this would happen as soon as I posted that I "didnt get it".

Of course I still love the old Weights First and the new Strong Bear for a kick butt weight workout and Push Pull for a interval and the Fast Cheetah/Steamin Cardio for aerobics...but Lean (as well as Pump and Metaboost) just seem gentler on those sore days.
Unread September 3rd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Getting Started

Thumbs up Re: FitPrime Lean Reviews

I loved this workout. Keli as fantastic in it. It had fun cardio and great weight training segments.
Unread December 1st, 2005, 11:28 PM
Just Signed Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher100
Just finished this one and it's great! Can anyone tell me which Firm classic the tune is from when we're using the tallbox and v steps? I recognize it but can't place it.
I think it's from the old FIRM series FAT BLASTER workout.
Unread November 12th, 2006, 10:22 PM
Getting Started

I'm surprised I never commented on Lean .

I finished Lean, today, after not doing it for over 6 months.

I had just finished working out with Petra Kolber's Sweat FActory (an oldie but goldie that I'm never trading away ) about a half hour earlier. I used hand weights (1 lbers) and the heavier dumbbells for most sections. I also added in some high impact and made movements larger.

These modifications make this workout a solid intermediate workout. It's a perfect AWT style.

I'm feeling pleasantly worked out. The music is great, Keli is a motivating instructor and I think Tamela's dramatic take is very cute .

These WHFN:Fitprimes are great workouts for days when you have a lot time to workout and can do 2 or more mild to moderate intensity workouts during the day.

RuthNYC
Unread May 1st, 2007, 03:57 AM
Just Signed Up

I usually stick to the KB series but I've been sick since last week and today was my first day back to exercising. I did Lean because I really like Kelli Roberts and I found this was just right, got me sweating but not exhausted. I wish they'd come out with a new series, though, as this one has been around for a while and I think it's about time they started doing some longer, tougher workouts.
Unread July 11th, 2007, 12:57 PM
Patience? What is this patience that you speak of? LOL

I've been doing the FitPrime training calendar (I'm on week 2) since I'm dealing with a pinched nerve. I'd forgotten how "just right" the FitPrime series is, I'm feeling just the right amount DOMS.

Thanks Anna!